Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

Not much of an update but a bit more information about all three cases. The EFL are useless.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/20/relegated-clubs-could-earn-reprieve-amid-championship-chaos-wigan-sheffield-wednesday-Derby

Last week the Barnsley first-team coach, Adam Murray, bemoaned clubs being kept in the dark. “To be where we are in the season and not know the black and white of the situation is strange, to put it nicely,” he said.

This the same Murray who played for us about 20 years ago.

The black and white of the situation is, we play in those colours and will finish mid table. The pooper team who stripped the team to the bone preseason play in Red and will be getting relegated. It's your own fault.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Clear as mud then, apart from Wigan, and even that's subject to appeal.

I wonder if Wigan stay up, will their owner appeal for a further sanction to secure relegation?*

3 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Why am I getting so nervous regarding this ? 

Is it because you have a history of anxiety related issues related to an unhappy period of your life where you felt unloved and lacking a meaningful attachment to others? Though this was years ago, any situation with potential negative connotations leaves you with a deep sense of impending doom that you cannot see beyond.

Or is it because it's Derby?

8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Clear as mud then, apart from Wigan, and even that's subject to appeal.

I wonder if Wigan stay up, will their owner appeal for a further sanction to secure relegation?*

Nothing we didn’t already know.

Essentially, Wigan have 12 taken off. An appeal (I think it’s on the 27th) may favour Wigan, and no points taken off as a result. 

No points deducted for Derby or Wednesday until a verdict is reached. Any appeals will almost certainly mean the possible deduction(s) won’t occur until next season. 

27 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

May suggest we get done this season?

We can but hope

That wouldn’t make any sense. The article says that the penalties wouldn’t be applied this season because of their right to appeal. Surely we would also have the same right so how could ours be applied before theirs unless we didn’t appeal?

I really don’t understand why they’ve not mentioned us unless they think we’ll not face a points deduction.

I sense some skullduggery on the part of the EFL. They have hedged their bets, probably calculating that as things stand, a points deduction would hurt us more next season.  Probably the only thing they (EFL) are right about, it would be disastrous for us. A season ruined before it kicks off..... 

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Nothing we didn’t already know.

Essentially, Wigan have 12 taken off. An appeal (I think it’s on the 27th) may favour Wigan, and no points taken off as a result. 

No points deducted for Derby or Wednesday until a verdict is reached. Any appeals will almost certainly mean the possible deduction(s) won’t occur until next season. 

You appear to be reasonably knowledgeable about this.

In your opinion, if we were hit with a points deduction this season that didn't mean relegation, would we let it lie or would we appeal it on the basis a guilty verdict would impact us financially in seasons to come?

Archived