Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really pleased to see that Mel has come out of this seemingly better than ever. You don’t amass a fortune from running creditable businesses without being as straight as a die (obviously Bob Maxwell aside). 
Also a big shout out for Bradley Walsh who spilt the beans last night - cheers pal.  
My only concern is the 14 day appeal; I wonder how long that will take. 

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/news/efl-v-Derby-county-fc/

Nick De Marco QC and Tom Richards acted for Derby County (instructed by Geldards) and James Segan QC (along with Mark Phillips QC and Andrew Shaw instructed by Solesbury Gay) acted for the EFL in disciplinary proceedings relating to the Championship Profit & Sustainability Rules. Charge One involved the Club’s valuation of Pride Park Stadium upon its sale in June 2018 and Charge Two its amortisation policy associated with intangible fixed assets (player registrations). Charge One was dismissed and four of the five elements of Charge Two were dismissed.

Brizzle fans really aren't happy!

As for Derby, I hope the EFL find some grounds to appeal this- throw anything and everything they can at it. If other clubs can give evidence, that would be nice too though I don't know how that all works- maybe they can only give evidence when the club itself appeal against an adverse verdict.

There are things that can be done though! Maybe.

Do not let Mel Morris or Derby directors into your ground- all clubs should do this to them and perhaps Sheffield Wednesday- ostracise the ******* as much as you can.

Raise complaints with the EFL on whatever might be an issue- see their recent loan.

Try to raise some kind of vote to force Stephen Pearce off the EFL board at the earliest opportunity.

Leak any adverse or contentious comments at EFL meetings- see Redgate- into the media to ratchet things up.

Oh and if all else fails, then good old on the pitch. Can't beat em- join em. Can't join em- kick em!

Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League.

I assume two footers are straight reds- think Wycombe are quite physical aren't they, gwan!

10 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The Telegraph article claims we have lost money because of this whole debacle, if that is the case then why should we just sit down and take it? We should at least claim enough from the EFL to be able to get back to where we would have been financially without it.

The original investment talk was also pre Covid, nothing will be worth as much for a long time post Covid so Mel will have lost a lot of money in any investment deal that was due to go ahead, through no fault of his own, that can't be right either.

Agree with what you’re saying but maybe we can sort something with the EFL without dragging this all through the dirt .a few favours here and there maybe or some compo ..legal cases take time and effort and all I’m saying is let’s concentrate on the football now ...all the legal stuff off the pitch is what really gets me down nowadays ....I just want to watch football and legal wranglings don’t really do anyone favours except the legal people themselves most of the time ....just saying 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Few people on this thread with their tail between their legs now.

On a sidenote anyone think we will do a true Derby County thing now and get relegated? ?

Yep , turns out the only thing mel Morris is guilty of is doing his upmost within the rules to raise Derby county to the best they can be and at very great cost to his own bank balance let alone stress levels and sniping from some of our own who should really back the man to the hilt ,, bet we won’t see many of those give the credit now but rather fade into the shadows and wait for the next thing they can jump on him for ,

I’m pleased for Derby to be cleared and move forward but today I’m especially pleased for mel Morris a true one of our own who could well go on to be a true Derby legend 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

What’s your point? Derby’s statement said they found we could have been clearer in the wording of the Amortisation - assume that’s the 5th point. 

It seemed as though the EFL were claiming it as a 'win' in their statement, just wanted to make it clear that it was anything but, it was a tiny part.

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

£20m off the wage bill, represents £400k per week, not saying you are wrong and I hope you are right but that sounds a very large figure!

I reckon Anya,Martin,Huddlestone and Carson’s wages were easily £120k a week in total.Then just add the wages of the others who’ve left over the last 2/3 seasons

It was quite a hard embargo, Angie, in the tangible detrimental effects to Derby County's business and potential progress last season, even though it is referred to as a soft embargo.

The charges, false as they were, became a secret, silent and persistent 'punishment' on Derby regardless of any judgement outcome because of the reasons many cited above.

I think the only satisfaction that EFL stooges can draw from the whole fiasco is precisely that silent punishment and I'm sure that the resident clowns there will take some comfort from Derby's predicament.

The EFL need to establish reasonable timetable parameters on such cases to prevent such drawn-out damage and they also need to find a way to dissuade or punish those clubs (such a Boro, Barnsley) that actively seek to damage their competitors and pre-judge the proceedings, substance and outcome of disciplinary cases.

5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Brizzle fans really aren't happy!

As for Derby, I hope the EFL find some grounds to appeal this- throw anything and everything they can at it. If other clubs can give evidence, that would be nice too though I don't know how that all works- maybe they can only give evidence when the club itself appeal against an adverse verdict.

There are things that can be done though! Maybe.

Do not let Mel Morris or Derby directors into your ground- all clubs should do this to them and perhaps Sheffield Wednesday- ostracise the ******* as much as you can.

Raise complaints with the EFL on whatever might be an issue- see their recent loan.

Try to raise some kind of vote to force Stephen Pearce off the EFL board at the earliest opportunity.

Leak any adverse or contentious comments at EFL meetings- see Redgate- into the media to ratchet things up.

Oh and if all else fails, then good old on the pitch. Can't beat em- join em. Can't join em- kick em!

Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League.

I assume two footers are straight reds- think Wycombe are quite physical aren't they, gwan!

Wow, those are all quotes from them?

What a strange bunch.

20 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Please, from me, no. Let sleeping dogs lie. Let's please move on from this and start building bridges rather than legal cases. 

Let them build bridges by reconstitutionalising themselves with a brand new structure, new set of rules, new personnel.

This is a chance to put a pillow over the EFL's face while it sleeps and to make a better organisation.

If they stay the same, they are doomed.

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Agree with what you’re saying but maybe we can sort something with the EFL without dragging this all through the dirt .a few favours here and there maybe or some compo ..legal cases take time and effort and all I’m saying is let’s concentrate on the football now ...all the legal stuff off the pitch is what really gets me down nowadays ....I just want to watch football and legal wranglings don’t really do anyone favours except the legal people themselves most of the time ....just saying 

I agree, that would be the best thing to happen. I just can't see it happening with the EFL though, can you?

Delighted with outcome as it shows we haven't broken rules. Can look forward to next season with real confidence I think. 

I stand by my view that I don't think we should put ourselves in position where we need to take such extreme measures. But I actually think Mel has learnt and we won't have massive splurges again that we can't afford. 

Just hope we aren't now charged because of the loan from MSD and we have no further regulatory issues. 

Archived