Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

With the table as it is, and a possible points deduction looming over us... 

My analogy is that I feel like I am a 'fair few beers in' on a night out. My wing man is looking at his watch, the pub is emptying out and he's considering one more quiet here and a pizza on the way home. 

The gaggle of talent we spotted earlier have all left for that new bar and whilst they may not even look at us...its nice to still be in with a chance....

I mean, I know I am going to wake up with a hangover already and I may get called into work, so maybe I should knock it on its head, you know spare myself the let down, save some cash to only still end up lucking out... 

But.... When will we come out again? And imagine...just imagine...there is that tiny, tiny chance.  Shall we not get off our backsides and have a quick look...keep the night going another hour or two.... 

Come on. Keep the dream alive another day!!! 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Franks Tanked said:

HAMER

DAVIES   EVANS  CLARKE

BOGLE.                            BUCHANAN

ROONEY BIRD

LAWRENCE            SIBLEY

MARTIN 

What's that?

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I would agree that the slow pace of the passes especially from the CBs means everyone is marked for the next pass. 

I think it's a little bit of that and that was mostly the problem against Forest. Against West Brom I think there was a distinct lack of movement in the front line as well the ball not flowing into midfield as smoothly due to the change there. There was still an element of needing to move the ball quicker though as well needing Evans to carry the ball into the space opening in front of him when given the chance.

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think it's a little bit of that and that was mostly the problem against Forest. Against West Brom I think there was a distinct lack of movement in the front line as well the ball not flowing into midfield as smoothly due to the change there. There was still an element of needing to move the ball quicker though as well needing Evans to carry the ball into the space opening in front of him when given the chance.

Yes, the passing issue has been amplified by Holmes and Knight playing further forward that suits them. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Yes, the passing issue has been amplified by Holmes and Knight playing further forward that suits them. 

Yeah maybe have a point there. How much do you think that's due to positional awareness and how much it's not carrying enough individual threat ? 

Like for a Lawrence's faults, teams have to pay attention to him and he does actively look to get into places to hurt teams.

12 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I'm glad Lowe is starting, Forsyth has looked off it in the last couple of games 

The bloke has been asked to play every 3 days when he should only be playing once a week probably and mainly because of injuries to Bogle and Lowe but yes he has looked tired but I am glad we have him 

Let’s hope Lawrence puts in a real shift today to make up for missing the past three games through childish behaviour. I’m astounded Sibley retains his place to be honest, he was totally off it against West Brom and not exactly great against Forest either. I’m not sure he’s ready for this many games on the spin. Happy with the rest of the team mind.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Let’s hope Lawrence puts in a real shift today to make up for missing the past three games through childish behaviour. I’m astounded Sibley retains his place to be honest, he was totally off it against West Brom and not exactly great against Forest either. I’m not sure he’s ready for this many games on the spin. Happy with the rest of the team mind.

He’s a kid playing his first few professional games and was forced into being the only creative player in the whole team, whilst simultaneously becoming a marked man following his hat trick. No wonder he struggled. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

He’s a kid playing his first few professional games and was forced into being the only creative player in the whole team, whilst simultaneously becoming a marked man following his hat trick. No wonder he struggled. 

This is the kind of sensible, considered post that has no place here. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

I’m not saying I blame him, I’m just saying I’m not sure he’s ready to be put under this much pressure. Hopefully he proves me wrong - I guess there aren’t many other options to give him a rest anyway.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Doesn't help he was shoved on the left against West Brom and was starved of the ball against Forest. And yet was still the most lively attacking player. 

Archived