Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

Just now, Wazztie16 said:

The original shot or the scorer? If the latter, no, as when the original shot came in before and hit the post, the scorer was onside. No offside offence there. 

I didn't really look at the first shot though. 

Initially thought the first shooter was off.  Replay confirmed he wasn't.  Perfectly timed run. I guess I was just "talking to myself", telling me I was wrong!  ?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point in Martin and Sibely pressing high on their own?

Do they have too much energy when they're at home or something? 

Pointless. Utterly pointless 2 men pressing while 9 more are a taxi ride away. 

Are we trying to defend deep or press high?

Just now, Alpha said:

What's the point in Martin and Sibely pressing high on their own?

Do they have too much energy when they're at home or something? 

Pointless. Utterly pointless 2 men pressing while 9 more are a taxi ride away. 

Are we trying to defend deep or press high?

Think we're just a bit leggy. 

Sibley breaks, but chooses to play a through ball to Lowe rather than shoot and its cut out. A Brentford mistake gives us a corner. 

Today, and the West Brom game really shows just how much of a difference a dynamic forward line can make.

We're generally quite slow up top, and when we come up a side as talented in attack as Brentford, we end up getting pinned in. Our then sluggish forward line is isolated and we just can't get the numbers up to support them quick enough. The ball just keeps coming back, and then puts our defence under pressure. It happened against West Brom with the likes of Diangana and Pereira who ran the show.

Now we're coming up against the best attacking trio in the division, and the same is happening.

Corner almost met by Clarke at the near post, cleared to Bird on the edge of the area who can't keep his volley down. 

Archived