Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sibley has done very little in the last 3 games and I think he could do with a rest. Generally would agree re Rooney but he spent most of the West Brom game playing deep and didn’t influence the game there. We need more of a cutting edge up top and some pace and hopefully Flo Jo and Rooney, along with Lawrence can provide that...

With Lawrence suspended he’s been our main attacking outlet whilst being marked out of the game. He’ll be eager to get back out on the pitch after being wrongly sent off.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very tough game, again, this. One of the best teams in the league and they’re in decent form too. 

I generally don’t think we have much chance of 6th given the games we have, but even if we were to lose this which is highly likely, we could still be in with a shout depending on other results. 

Be nice to have a good performance here with some shots going in. We’ve Not scored from open play since Lawrence’s goal against Reading. 

On 08/07/2020 at 22:29, RadioactiveWaste said:

They're up there for a reason, but they've evolved over a few years.

Have to say I think Zoon's days are numbered if he didn't get on this evening. Nut then, I'm often wrong.

He’s got tight hamstrings so wasn’t risked. We need him for the play-off final. ?

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sibley has done very little in the last 3 games and I think he could do with a rest. Generally would agree re Rooney but he spent most of the West Brom game playing deep and didn’t influence the game there. We need more of a cutting edge up top and some pace and hopefully Flo Jo and Rooney, along with Lawrence can provide that...

I really don't think that's correct about Sibley. 

West Brom: He played on the left to start and couldn't get in the game as much but set up our best chance of the game. Looked much brighter when moved back to #10.

Forest: Didn't get much of the ball but looked bright when in possession in a game when the entire team was stifled.

Preston: Was a consistent threat. Won the free kick for the goal and set up a sitter for Holmes.

Rooney first half was the #10 but was occasionally drifting deep because of difficulties in build up (more than a little down to Shinnie) but then lacked the pace to get back into forward positions and spaces. But otherwise it's way too static with him playing behind Martin.

Surprised at a few comments about Sibley, but then again he made such an impression in his first couple of games that anything less might be quite striking. For me, he is still worth his place (notwithstanding the threadbare nature of the squad).

Not too hopeful for tomorrow though. We looked terribly tired against WBA and it’s not like we have much to bring in.  Guess Lawrence walks back into the side, which is a positive but other than that, I think it might be a long 90 minutes. 

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hamer

Bogle Evans Buchanan Forsyth

Brown Shinnie

Whittaker Knight Josefzoon

Hector-Ingram

Bit of speed. Maybe. Whatever.

That's certainly 11 footballers we could pick arranged in something resembling a football team.

13 hours ago, Ellafella said:

He’s got tight hamstrings so wasn’t risked. We need him for the play-off final. ?

Is Malone still at the club and fit? We had 2 players who were so injured they couldn't come on, and a bunch of kids on the bench v WBA. He's not our greatest left back, but he would have improved that bench. 

Archived