Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hamer

Bogle        Evans            Clarke      Lowe

Bird            Rooney

Sibley          Knight     Lawrence 

Martin

Not really many other choices we can make apart from Flo Jo. 

I would probably go for Flo Jo instead of Sibley, Shinnie in to play alongside Bird, with Rooney further forward in place of Knight...

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hamer

Bogle        Evans            Clarke      Lowe

Bird            Rooney

Sibley          Knight     Lawrence 

Martin

Not really many other choices we can make apart from Flo Jo. 

If there is one lesson we should take from last night is that Sibley is better at #10 and can affect the game more from there.

46 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would probably go for Flo Jo instead of Sibley, Shinnie in to play alongside Bird, with Rooney further forward in place of Knight...

Sibley has to play and has to play at #10 he's been a our biggest threat since the restart. Rooney playing there leaves really static and stilted in attacking areas and he can't affect the game as much as he can from deep. 

Shinnie was mediocre at best against West Brom and impacted our build up play quite a bit.

Some of the sides being picked here are hilarious. Some picking 2 or 3 youngsters to make their League starting debuts in the same game...against 3rd place Brentford...when we are 3 points of 6th spot. 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Some of the sides being picked here are hilarious. Some picking 2 or 3 youngsters to make their League starting debuts in the same game...against 3rd place Brentford...when we are 3 points of 6th spot. 

We don’t really have any other choice, the squad is missing several key players and we’ll probably get dicked anyway.

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Who is available? Wasn’t lowe carrying a knock or something? Will Wisdom be fit? Will sibley be allowed to play? Should we even select Lawrence? Based on lowe not playing yesterday 

GK

Bogle.  Evans Clarke Buchanan 

Bird.  Rooney  shinnie 

Jafoozon.    Martin     Sibley 

or we pack midfield and don’t bother with any of jafoozon or Martin to start with

Is the new lad Jafoozon eligible to play yet??

44 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Sibley has to play and has to play at #10 he's been a our biggest threat since the restart. Rooney playing there leaves really static and stilted in attacking areas and he can't affect the game as much as he can from deep. 

Shinnie was mediocre at best against West Brom and impacted our build up play quite a bit.

Sibley has done very little in the last 3 games and I think he could do with a rest. Generally would agree re Rooney but he spent most of the West Brom game playing deep and didn’t influence the game there. We need more of a cutting edge up top and some pace and hopefully Flo Jo and Rooney, along with Lawrence can provide that...

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sibley has done very little in the last 3 games and I think he could do with a rest. Generally would agree re Rooney but he spent most of the West Brom game playing deep and didn’t influence the game there. We need more of a cutting edge up top and some pace and hopefully Flo Jo and Rooney, along with Lawrence can provide that...

With Holmes injured I can't see the opportunity to rest Sibley, unless we're going to give Knight a go in a ten role (hasn't he always been wide when he's in the first team?).

We get better mileage out of Rooney deeper IMO, he can't do what he wants to at 10 anymore but he's better as the deep playmaker than any of our other players are.

1 hour ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

We don’t really have any other choice, the squad is missing several key players and we’ll probably get dicked anyway.

Yes we do

Hamer/Roos

Bogle Evans Clarke Lowe/Forsyth

Rooney Bird/Shinnie

Knight/Josefzoon Sibley Lawrence 

Martin

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He has set up a clear chance or won a penalty (with a decent ref) in every game since his hat trick.

41 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes we do

Hamer/Roos

Bogle Evans Clarke Lowe/Forsyth

Rooney Bird/Shinnie

Knight/Josefzoon Sibley Lawrence 

Martin

Hamer isn’t showing enough to start. Lowe has a knock, Forsyth is performing really poorly. 

Knight on the wing isn’t working (feel that his best position is as a grafter in midfield, similar to Bryson). It’s pretty much an either/or between Zoon and Whittaker (Morgan feels more likely). 

Martin isn’t playing particularly well and is looking tired so there’s an argument that JHI starts.

I feel we would’ve made the playoffs if it wasn’t for certain injuries and stupid suspensions.

31 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Hamer isn’t showing enough to start. Lowe has a knock, Forsyth is performing really poorly. 

Knight on the wing isn’t working (feel that his best position is as a grafter in midfield, similar to Bryson). It’s pretty much an either/or between Zoon and Whittaker (Morgan feels more likely). 

Martin isn’t playing particularly well and is looking tired so there’s an argument that JHI starts.

I feel we would’ve made the playoffs if it wasn’t for certain injuries and stupid suspensions.

Martin has the best goals per minute record in the entire division.

I agree about Knight but he is still better than Whittaker even if out of position 

Just now, sage said:

Martin has the best goals per minute record in the entire division.

I agree about Knight but he is still better than Whittaker even if out of position 

Martin has been great this season don’t get me wrong, but the last couple of games he’s looked leggy and sloppy.

The only reason I’d have Zoon or Whittaker in is purely out of want to see a winger of any sort instead of 2 central midfielders.

35 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Martin has been great this season don’t get me wrong, but the last couple of games he’s looked leggy and sloppy.

The only reason I’d have Zoon or Whittaker in is purely out of want to see a winger of any sort instead of 2 central midfielders.

A tired Martin is still way ahead of JHI. You will note I suggested Knight or Josefzoon. They may pick Knight to help Bogle with Benhrama for 60/70 minutes then put Jozefzoon on when the game is more stretched. Lawrence being back helps alleviate the issue of CMs playing Outside Right 

Archived