Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos

Buchanan Davies Forsyth Rooney

Lawrence Trialist

Given      Cocu         Morris

Ewie 

And yet still not the most ridiculous starting line-up on this thread

2 minutes ago, Crazy said:

Roos

Buchanan Davies Forsyth Rooney

Lawrence Trialist

Given      Cocu         Morris

Ewie 

And yet still not the most ridiculous starting line-up on this thread

That's ridiculous, Morris would be better up top with Ewie. 

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

Is Malone still at the club and fit? We had 2 players who were so injured they couldn't come on, and a bunch of kids on the bench v WBA. He's not our greatest left back, but he would have improved that bench. 

71 points could do it. Must win game tomorrow. Unlikely to happen. COYR

Hamer

Bogle - Evans - Clarke - Lowe

Bird - Rooney

Jozefzoon - Sibley - Lawrence

Hector-Ingram

-Lowe over Forsyth to combat Brentford’s pace

-Jozefzoon over Holmes and Knight because he’s actually a winger

-Hector Ingram over Martin because he needs a rest for the big game on Tuesday and Waghorn and Marriott are unavailable

On 08/07/2020 at 17:58, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos 
Bogle   Evans   Clarke   Buchanan
Bird   Rooney
Whittaker   Sibley   Lawrence
Martin

Subs: Ravas, Davies, Forsyth, Lowe, Shinnie, Holmes, Knight, Jozefzoon, Trialist

Too soon for Wisdom and Marriott to return. JBrown in the squad for Lowe if his injury is still too bad.  
Fozzy had a shocker today so Buchanan starts. Lawrence walks straight into this side. Another shocking performance from Holmes means he missed out. Shinnie dropped to bring Sibley central and Whittaker takes his spot out on the right (not many other options and it’ll give him valuable experience).

Hamer out of the squad for me. I can just about cope with his errors, but I couldn’t stand it when he was yelling at Buchanan for making him drop the ball. A good keeper should be able to hold on to the ball under pressure from forwards - holding it after a nudge from Buchanan should be no different. As a senior member of the squad (one of only 3 over the age of 25, and 1 of 5 over 20 at the time) he should be encouraging the young lads not trying to shift blame. Poor decision making for their opener too.

Ghost of Goldfish would be a better name if you cannot remember how utterly dreadful Roos was. 

Hamer is poor. Roos is/was literally the worst Derby keeper I've seen in almost 50 years.

Carson was a league above both.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Hamer

Bogle - Evans - Clarke - Lowe

Bird - Rooney

Jozefzoon - Sibley - Lawrence

Hector-Ingram

-Lowe over Forsyth to combat Brentford’s pace

-Jozefzoon over Holmes and Knight because he’s actually a winger

-Hector Ingram over Martin because he needs a rest for the big game on Tuesday and Waghorn and Marriott are unavailable

Jozefzoon  NEVER

Forget resting Martin, we need some points today or the game is up. It's not just Cardiff we are competing against.

50 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Jozefzoon  NEVER

Forget resting Martin, we need some points today or the game is up. It's not just Cardiff we are competing against.

Who else is there though?

Waghorn has two more games to run on his suspension and Whittaker is clearly not ready.

I don’t mind Jozefzoon, to be honest. I don’t think he’s really been given enough of a chance. He has only started 19 league games in two years at the club. Half of the time he is not even the squad.

Yes, he hasn’t impressed and things haven’t clicked for him thus far. But he hasn’t really ever been given a sustained run of starts to build form and confidence and he hasn’t really had the manager’s backing. Cocu and Lampard have managed him poorly, let’s be honest. Half of the time he doesn’t even make the 18.

Honestly I think the game is up already but teams keep giving us chances. So tomorrow is a free hit in many ways. Clearly our best chance of points will be vs Cardiff and Birmingham. 

RE: Martin, I would rest him against Brentford and maybe even Leeds. Against better defences in the last two games, he has looked awful. I don’t want to see a repeat.

Hamer (feel sick) 

Bogle Clarke Evans Lowe

Shinnie  Bird

Rooney 

Sibley Flo Jo

Lawrence 

Not a clue really, would have had Waghorn up top but will try Lawrence... with him, Rooney and Sibley taking turns to push up and Flo Jo hogging the line. 

We need goals. Haven't looked capable of scoring last few games, no cutting edge. Least Lawrence is liable to try a few Hollywood attempts. 

Holmes has been awful, Knight currently doesn't look a goal threat and Martin has looked a shadow of himself on a good day. 

3 points are needed to get season back ignited. Trying to get attacking options into the team isn't easy.  We have had sendings off but we haven't felt that 'at it' so less sideways passing and some real intent and I will be happy. 

Okay so for this game I would take the back five to one side and read the riot act. 

NO ambling five yards from your man.

NO flicked tackles that opponents walk through.

NO dopey punching from the keeper.

We could get royally stuffed today if we’re slack.

I am happy that we continue to play our passing game but we need far more intelligent running from our forwards.

We have to find a way to get Rooney in the penalty area more even if someone else carries him there. 

1. He’s England’s record scorer 

2. He’s one of the few players capable of a headed goal

Every player needs to be offered a goal bonus because at present we look frightened to shoot or head for goal.

Whatever happens today I hope we are not timid. Let’s have a real go and let players express themselves.

If Brentford are too good so be it. 

But let’s show what Derby County can do.

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Ghost of Goldfish would be a better name if you cannot remember how utterly dreadful Roos was. 

Hamer is poor. Roos is/was literally the worst Derby keeper I've seen in almost 50 years.

Carson was a league above both.

Roos is so poor and Carson so good that the former kept the Latter out of the team last season. After the clanger in the playoffs he became the scapegoat and confidence/decision making has dropped as a result. Keogh was public enemy #1 for a few season after his part in the QPR defeat... until people actually realised he’s a very good defender. Start showing some encouragement and he’ll get back to his best.

Hamer has either been at fault or should have done much better for the last 4 goals we’ve conceded. The same run of form it took for Roos to be dropped earlier in the season.

Possession breaks down too often because of Hamer. Either a shocking long pass out to the wing, a mis-control, or even just taking too long to make his pass that he’s closed down as has to clear it out of play. Roos is streets ahead of him. 

Roos had Davies and Fozzy as the CBS in front of him when the mistakes keeper into his game more regularly before eventually being dropped. With Clarke and Evans in front of him instead, he’ll have more trust in his defence. Roos’ only real weakness is his command of the box. With those two in front of him, he can afford to let them deal with most balls into the box.

There’s little chance of us making the playoffs. Better to play our own player and either rebuild his confidence for next season, or put him in the shop window, rather than play someone who’s only on loan.

Archived