Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SKRam said:

This game has given me a real lift some of our play has been terrific. Am relaxed about season now. Brentford excellent side. Futures bright with our young guns and incoming 

Yep, first half we were a match for one of the best teams in the league. Sadly, the second half has drifted away. 

We are so slow going forward. We just had 3 against 2, by the time we stopped faffing about they had 8 men behind the ball. We are desperate for pace in the team/play.............oh and a goalkeeper 

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

If there are to be any points deducted, would be better if taken of this season. Don’t want to be starting from behind next season, when we have a good shout of being up there

They’ve already been deducted. EFL directive for Hamer to dip his gloves in a big vat of olive oil prior to kick off every game.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yep, first half we were a match for one of the best teams in the league. Sadly, the second half has drifted away. 

down to Hamers clusterfuck........it just sapped the players confidence

Well. We had a go lads. Not a bad effort against a bang in form Brentford side. Did will to get back into the game and should have been looking to kick on. That mistake from Hamer though has killed us and effectively our playoff chances with it. Didn’t see the 3rd goal but understand it was a worldie. Nowt you can do about that (except close down quicker). 
looking forward to next season with the youngsters improving and a couple of key additions we should be looking to get close and certainly in the top six....boy do we need a quality goalkeeper on a perm though

Clarke tries to head a ball clear, misses and I think he just nutted Fosu. Yellow card.

Watkins hits the post.

FT 1-3. Better team in the first half, undone by Ben Hamer and a superb Benrhama goal. 

You know what, I don’t think Brentford were as good as everyone was making out. I worry Forest might win the playoffs if they’re all that’s in the way. I reckon we’d have got at least a point out of that had we had a half competent goalkeeper. But alas, we appear to have the worst goalkeeper to step foot on Earth.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

This will probably fall on deaf ears (blind eyes?) but before throwing the dummy out the pram today, can we just remember Brentford are a genuinely good team, in good form and we are where we are after a tough season, missing some senior players and are still finding our feet with our youngsters. So whilst none of it excuses a lifeless performance, it does mean we are playing a good team here. 

Reminder of this from pre match. 

Performance better, but you can’t challenge a quality team and give away goals like Hamer did. It becomes an impossibility. 

Archived