Test Cricket is Back

sage

On 04/08/2021 at 17:30, Mr Tibbs said:

spacer.png

Solid start. 

India fantastic, mind. 

I look at the batting line up and I don't see where those big runs are coming from. I've never been hugely impressed by any of them in 1st class cricket. Only Burns averages 40 in that.

27 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I look at the batting line up and I don't see where those big runs are coming from. I've never been hugely impressed by any of them in 1st class cricket. Only Burns averages 40 in that.

No neither have I, none of them are making their spot their own. Luckily, there's not a whole load of talented replacements who can come into this side seamlessly IMO.

If we could bat a bit this summer we'd make a contest of this series as India's batting isn't perfect either, we're just so far off it with our first innings totals and have been for quite some time. 

Sibley and Lawrence need to be jettisoned.

Crawley and Burns are lucky there aren’t more pushing for their place. I’d keep Bairstow even though he’s hit and miss.

Can’t see why Hameed is in the squad if he’s not deemed better than these clowns. I like Malan as a player but even he has struggled lately.

There’s no quality first class cricket in this country any more so it’s no wonder we aren’t producing top batsmen.

Well we just lost  Sibley so I thought I’d post saying our top three are not England class at all. By the time I find the thread we are two down. Duck me (no pun intended) 

Jason Roy all day long…. Now I know there are plenty of dissenters because I’ve had that reaction before but at least he has the potential to be exciting and brutal. This is a very poor top order for England 

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Well we just lost  Sibley so I thought I’d post saying our top three are not England class at all. By the time I find the thread we are two down. Duck me (no pun intended) 

Jason Roy all day long…. Now I know there are plenty of dissenters because I’ve had that reaction before but at least he has the potential to be exciting and brutal. This is a very poor top order for England 

Maybe Sibley can get a job in our ticket office (always out)?

A finely poised game. I suppose India will be favourites to take a lead into the 2nd innings but perhaps Root will have a say. Stokes is a big miss for me, especially against a team like India, but we have quite a long tail and I think any result is still possible from here. 

Bit of a side note, but I see Root is up to #4 in the ICL test rankings. I'm not sure what to make of him as a skipper, but in terms of his own individual performances, he really is top-class. Time for someone else in the batting line-up to meaningfully chip in too though, I reckon.