Test Cricket is Back

sage

England’s batting application is woeful.

Weak, timid, naive.

Crawley has lost it mentally and the top two both need lots of luck to make runs. They at least sometimes cash in when they can survive the first ten overs.

Pope hasn’t got it. Lawrence perhaps has a chance at number six when the others come back.

Poor Bracey looks like someone thrown in from league cricket. His keeping has been poor. He bats like an eleven year old. Deer in headlights.

New Zealand are a good side for sure but this is a good pitch and we’ve got ourselves out. 

The selectors have a lot of questions to answer. A spinner, even one as mediocre as Leach, should have been selected.

Overton too.

I’d rest Broad and Anderson. We know what they can do. We need back up for India and Australia.

22 minutes ago, rynny said:

You know your batting has been poor when Wood and Stone (105*) have put on more runs than Sibley, Crawley, Root, Pope and Bracey (102). 

On a side note.. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUY3QRZUms6CDkGkhrzRe

Olly Stone

GettyImages-942264910-e1523291061759.jpg

Darren Fletcher

You’ve put a picture of the footballer Darren Fletcher with Olly Stone’s name under it, bit random, are you a tad bored ?

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

England’s batting application is woeful.

Weak, timid, naive.

Crawley has lost it mentally and the top two both need lots of luck to make runs. They at least sometimes cash in when they can survive the first ten overs.

Pope hasn’t got it. Lawrence perhaps has a chance at number six when the others come back.

Poor Bracey looks like someone thrown in from league cricket. His keeping has been poor. He bats like an eleven year old. Deer in headlights.

New Zealand are a good side for sure but this is a good pitch and we’ve got ourselves out. 

The selectors have a lot of questions to answer. A spinner, even one as mediocre as Leach, should have been selected.

Overton too.

I’d rest Broad and Anderson. We know what they can do. We need back up for India and Australia.

I think this is a very weak England team. The Ashes team will look a lot different with Stokes, Butler, Archer, Woakes and Bairstow back in the mix…

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I wouldn't play Bairstow in anything where batting for more than 6 or 7 overs is desirable.

Really ? He averages 34 in Tests, just under 50 in 1 day internationals and averages 42 in first class matches. Not too shabby for me..

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really ? He averages 34 in Tests, just under 50 in 1 day internationals and averages 42 in first class matches. Not too shabby for me..

34 in tests just isn’t good enough though for a top order batsman. It’s their job to be averaging 40 plus.

I know he’s a bit older but I think David Malan has the temperament to play more test cricket. As Nasser says, England’s young players need to polish their techniques or they are doomed to more failure.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

34 in tests just isn’t good enough though for a top order batsman. It’s their job to be averaging 40 plus.

I know he’s a bit older but I think David Malan has the temperament to play more test cricket. As Nasser says, England’s young players need to polish their techniques or they are doomed to more failure.

Mmmm….Malan’s test average is 27.8…

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He doesn't have the temperament for test batting (he's also not a very good wicket keeper). He doesn't have the ability to concentrate and adapt to circumstances. He's good in the limited overs stuff but that's not important. Keep him away from the test team.

37 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He doesn't have the temperament for test batting (he's also not a very good wicket keeper). He doesn't have the ability to concentrate and adapt to circumstances. He's good in the limited overs stuff but that's not important. Keep him away from the test team.

If I had my mortgage on one of Sibley, Creepy and Bairstow getting a test 50 currently, I know who my money would be on. Bairstow was averaging 41 in tests up until quite recently before his dip in form. Butler will keep wicket but Bairstow is a better keeper than Bracey. Just have to agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If I had my mortgage on one of Sibley, Creepy and Bairstow getting a test 50 currently, I know who my money would be on. Bairstow was averaging 41 in tests up until quite recently before his dip in form. Butler will keep wicket but Bairstow is a better keeper than Bracey. Just have to agree to disagree.

Given that your mortgage is a debt you owe, you would be betting someone else's money, so what does it matter? ?

I wonder what the chances would be of getting said mortgage if you told the bank you were going to bet it on an England batter getting a 50.

Sibley got a 50 in the last test. I don't know who 'creepy' is.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Given that your mortgage is a debt you owe, you would be betting someone else's money, so what does it matter? ?

I wonder what the chances would be of getting said mortgage if you told the bank you were going to bet it on an England batter getting a 50.

Sibley got a 50 in the last test. I don't know who 'creepy' is.

Crawley, son of John Crawley an England Test batsman from the 80s and 90s who’s nickname was Creepy ?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

India v New Zealand has been a cracker.

Disastrous result for cricket tho. This match was intended to increase interest in test cricket in India. Indian supporters will all have turned off as the Indian wickets started to tumble. Match should probably have been played in India 

• 1 month later...