Test Cricket is Back

sage

37 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Great to see Hameed get stuck in. Still fancy him and Crawley as openers in the long run but Burns was looking in control today. 

Had precisely the same thought myself. I actually rate Burns too, but he's the more exposed of the trio and I think we know what we get with him. Like a few we've tried, he's also a bit 'busy'.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Had precisely the same thought myself. I actually rate Burns too, but he's the more exposed of the trio and I think we know what we get with him. Like a few we've tried, he's also a bit 'busy'.

Burns has got more tics than a hedgehog ! He pulled beautifully today and looked decent against spin (normally he doesn’t). But he’s unorthodox without having the genius of say Steve Smith. Hope he gets a ton tomorrow but don’t think he’s got the technique to average 35 in tests in the long run which is not enough.  Thank God Sibley’s gone tho 

12 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Great to see Hameed get stuck in. Still fancy him and Crawley as openers in the long run but Burns was looking in control today. 

Crawley has to stop pushing at the ball. If he can learn to play later (allowing himself the opportunity to leave at the last minute) he will have more success. Always looks likely to nick off. Undoubted talent once he gets in.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, he’s a very good player. Has dealt brilliantly with the swinging ball.

Amazed that Ali has only just come on.

Hoping Robinson will have a fabulous Ashes - he could be a real handful on Australian pitches. Based on the radio commentary he’s been terrific today. 

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hoping Robinson will have a fabulous Ashes - he could be a real handful on Australian pitches. Based on the radio commentary he’s been terrific today. 

Yes, he plugs away on a good line and length. He doesn’t make it easy for batsmen. Not quick, but uses the seam well. Pretty lucky to get Rohit out. Would have just clipped the stumps, but probably not hard enough to dislodge the bails!

• 2 weeks later...