Accounts Overdue

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Kieran has a clear vendetta against Derby County and if I was Mel I would take this further.

Kieran quite clearly admitted on the podcast he did with one of our fans that it was HIM that wrote to the EFL and questioned whether the way our accounts were conducted was correct.

I have a feeling he is the reason the EFL decided to take it further.

He did write to the EFL about our amortisation method when it first became public knowledge that we used that method, but I remember him also saying that it took the EFL a long, long time (I believe well over a year) after he raised those concerns for them to decide that they didn't like us using it. In a way, him grassing on us might actually end up helping us, as the EFL choosing not to do anything at the time when those concerns were first raised could be seen as an implicit acceptance of our amortisation method. It will at the very least force the EFL to have to explain why the amortisation method seems to have only become an issue to them in the January of this year when concerns were raised about it previously.

54 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Vendetta wrong choice of words, but he certainly has an interest in Derbys accounts.

I get the impression he doesnt like the way our club does business.

Or he supports Middlesbrough.

I suppose he sees it as his job to route out bad or questionable things in clubs accounts and probably didn’t have to try to hard when looking at ours

Companies House automatic penalties for late filing amount to £1,500 for up to 6 months and you can appeal that. Think Mel can afford it. Given the FFP case hanging over us, the club may have taken the pragmatic step of delaying filing. They may even have asked the EFL for their agreement to late filing and written to Companies House to that effect. Doesn't override Companies House rule who can't be seen to condone it but if it upsets Kieran then so much the better.

Just now, bigbadbob said:

So they're not actually overdue we've just taken advantage of a 3 month extension which we're allowed to do ??

I'm guessing the three month extension took it to end June, so overdue now by a week. At a guess there's a couple of things they're waiting on finding out from the EFL independent panel conclusions just to have things the way the EFL want them.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

ON the Wednesday thing, I saw one journalist saying the hearing was due to end Thu or Fri last week, and was complex... it had been running for 2 weeks!

He said he was expecting to hear a verdict some time this week after the 'judges' had time to consider all the evidence.

Which tells you it’s very complicated! In Sheffield Wednesday case 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Which tells you it’s very complicated! In Sheffield Wednesday case 

Apparently made worse by the fact that during the hearing the EFL found out there was laws and 'other legal stuff' they needed to know about.  They used a three day recess to ask a family law solicitor who Rick Parry had met down the supermarket if there was any truth in it.  Not sure what the solicitor said though.

I think Keiran Maguire is getting a bit of a rough ride here, though it's probably of his own making.

He's long been the guy who cuts through the crap and helps the average fan understand just what is happening to their club finance wise. He never used to comment in either a negative or positive way, just laid out the facts and let us make our own minds up.

However I do now feel he's fell into the trap of voicing his opinion on such matters, probably because of the media attention he's gathered from his previous work, and the juicy commission's such articles attract.

He now seems to be the media's go to guy, yet he's no Swiss Ramble.

10 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I think Keiran Maguire is getting a bit of a rough ride here, though it's probably of his own making.

He's long been the guy who cuts through the crap and helps the average fan understand just what is happening to their club finance wise. He never used to comment in either a negative or positive way, just laid out the facts and let us make our own minds up.

However I do now feel he's fell into the trap of voicing his opinion on such matters, probably because of the media attention he's gathered from his previous work, and the juicy commission's such articles attract.

He now seems to be the media's go to guy, yet he's no Swiss Ramble.

The thing is, as I've banged on about previously, he provides no insight, nothing that isn't publicly available. Any part qualified accountant could produce the data and graphs that he does, prolifically. This latest one is just funny - He's put an alert on companies house for DCFC (anyone can do this) and when they've popped up as appearing late, he's drawn an analogy with the Wigan situation. Odd. 

13 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Vendetta wrong choice of words, but he certainly has an interest in Derbys accounts.

I get the impression he doesnt like the way our club does business.

Or he supports Middlesbrough.

Brighton - I wouldn't be too perturbed, it's not the Rams in particular, he's just a bitter little man ?

Archived