Accounts Overdue

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely bit of sensationalism from Kieran there

Wigan's problem seems to be that their new owners have no money

Our problem is our owner has loads of money he's just not allowed to put any of it into the club because of FFP

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Lovely bit of sensationalism from Kieran there

Wigan's problem seems to be that their new owners have no money

Our problem is our owner has loads of money he's just not allowed to put any of it into the club because of FFP

Always the same with him, complete ******* with literally no insight or knowledge that isn't in the public domain.

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd be surprised if the directors could sign off accounts without there being a "material uncertainty ".

This is because I thought that part of the efls beef with us was around amortisation of players costs- until that's settled we don't know if we're going you have to restate residual values.

That's certainly a possibility. Wednesday are the only other club not to have submitted accounts yet (their's is due end of the month).

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd be surprised if the directors could sign off accounts without there being a "material uncertainty ".

This is because I thought that part of the efls beef with us was around amortisation of players costs- until that's settled we don't know if we're going you have to restate residual values.

This is exactly what I thought too. 

Keiran Maguire gets on my tits. Always some sensationalist non story to push to promote his own 'genius'. 

Whenever I hear him interviewed I get the feeling he would love to see Derby get a points deduction just so he could say 'I told you so'. 

21 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Ooh football accountancy, my favourite.  Where's me popcorn?

Load of weird men on the internet looking over facts and figures they don’t understand as another yard stick to beat a rival club with. So bizarre. 

39 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's my guess as well.

The Wednesday fans were certain they had their hearing last week but haven't had any outcome yet.

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's my guess as well.

The Wednesday fans were certain they had their hearing last week but haven't had any outcome yet.

ON the Wednesday thing, I saw one journalist saying the hearing was due to end Thu or Fri last week, and was complex... it had been running for 2 weeks!

He said he was expecting to hear a verdict some time this week after the 'judges' had time to consider all the evidence.

Kieran has a clear vendetta against Derby County and if I was Mel I would take this further.

Kieran quite clearly admitted on the podcast he did with one of our fans that it was HIM that wrote to the EFL and questioned whether the way our accounts were conducted was correct.

I have a feeling he is the reason the EFL decided to take it further.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Kieran has a clear vendetta against Derby County and if I was Mel I would take this further.

Kieran quite clearly admitted on the podcast he did with one of our fans that it was HIM that wrote to the EFL and questioned whether the way our accounts were conducted was correct.

I have a feeling he is the reason the EFL decided to take it further.

You're probably right, although I don't know what Mel could do. However, maybe he wrote to the EFL about Derby because he looked at a number of clubs (may all of them) and our accounts were the only one he found something to challenge. He might have written to the EFL about other clubs if he'd found anomalies with there's also rather than having a vendetta against Derby. Just speculating. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

These accounts may not even be overdue . Corporation tax can run from any period within a year . It's not self assessment April to April.

pay no attention to this bloke, he's a ball bag of the highest order. 

Not so in this case. All football clubs have aligned their reporting periods to end June 30, to enable FFP. 

This means all clubs accounts were due March 31.

However Derby and Wednesday took advantage of a 3 month delay offered by HMRC due to CV19. 

No surprises why it was Derby and Wednesday that did this. And for the same reason, no surprise they are still not filed. 

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

These accounts may not even be overdue . Corporation tax can run from any period within a year . It's not self assessment April to April.

pay no attention to this bloke, he's a ball bag of the highest order. 

Presumably, according to companies house, they ARE overdue judging by the screenshot. Don't annual accounts have to be filed within 9 months of the companies year end which will be fixed. So, for Derby, the 2019 accounts should have been submitted by 30th June 2020 (normal 9 months after financial year end plus the 3 months for Covid?) 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You're probably right, although I don't know what Mel could do. However, maybe he wrote to the EFL about Derby because he looked at a number of clubs (may all of them) and our accounts were the only one he found something to challenge. He might have written to the EFL about other clubs if he'd found anomalies with there's also rather than having a vendetta against Derby. Just speculating. 

Vendetta wrong choice of words, but he certainly has an interest in Derbys accounts.

I get the impression he doesnt like the way our club does business.

Or he supports Middlesbrough.

Archived