Accounts Overdue

53 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

That's the whole basis of the second strand of their charges against us. The one that Kieran Maguire alerted them to (allegedly) which involves allocating a player a value at the end of their contract, instead of amortising his value down to zero. Turns out EFL have decided they don't like this now, about 4 years after we started doing it and our auditors signed off on the policy. 

Yet again, smacks of the EFL needing to tighten up their rules after a member has been seen to stretch them to a point they weren't anticipating.

The Derby County Football Club Limited will prepare its accounts in accordance with the Companies Act.

An independent auditor will report on whether they give a true and fair view and if suitable accounting policies have been used.

The EFL doesnt know its arse from its elbow.

They may say they the submissions made to them require adjustments from the figures shown in the accounts but they have as much say in the accounting policies we use as you or I do.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think that's the nub of it, creating an apparent inconsistency (even if it may be technically correct)

The amortisation issue may explain why the club accounts (THE Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED) are 'late', but it's everything under the 'GELLAW NEWCO 203 LIMITED' holding company. Only the club accounts would be held back if it was due to the amortisation, surely?

• GELLAW NEWCO 203 LIMITED
    • THE Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
    • SEVCO 5112 LIMITED
      • CLUB DCFC LIMITED
      • STADIA DCFC LIMITED
      • THE Derby COUNTY FC ACADEMY LIMITED

Whereas, everything under 'GELLAW NEWCO 205 LIMITED' (the stadium is a few levels below this holding company) has been submitted on time.

• 6 months later...

Stephen Pearce was asked about this by Chris Coles when he was on RD the other week not saying much on the takeover. He said they haven’t been filed due to the ongoing EFL P&S case, depending on the outcome we could need to make a restatement, that’s why they haven’t filed them.

Im not an expert, just saying what he said

59 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Stephen Pearce was asked about this by Chris Coles when he was on RD the other week not saying much on the takeover. He said they haven’t been filed due to the ongoing EFL P&S case, depending on the outcome we could need to make a restatement, that’s why they haven’t filed them.

Im not an expert, just saying what he said

Could be the club not being sold because it's a how long is a piece of string question. There's the actual financial position to June 2019, June 2020, estimate to June 2021, etc. Then there's the ffp position over the same periods. Figures may switch between years, partly due to creative accounting.  So even someone with the funds to buy the club will hold back until these uncertainties are clearer, think I would. Especially as there could be EFL penalties to deal with. We need Red Adair.

I think it was one of the sad days in football when the great unwashed discovered that Companies House has a website, never has a page given people such a great opportunity to reach the conclusion that 2+2 = 7 melons.

What happened, when we did become so fascinated in when the club's accounts were due? I don't disclude myself from this BTW....

13 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I think it was one of the sad days in football when the great unwashed discovered that Companies House has a website, never has a page given people such a great opportunity to reach the conclusion that 2+2 = 7 melons.

What happened, when we did become so fascinated in when the club's accounts were due? I don't disclude myself from this BTW....

Think it's just the development of the internet, social media and a desire to know everything about everything minute by minute.

It's not just this club, all have their own detective accountants, Bristol City even have one that goes by the name of Mr Poppadom or something that is the self appointed FFP detective for the Championship, loves us he does, they have another thread on our "administration", might pop over later to see how he's reacted to all our signings.

Then we have people like Kieran Maguire on TV and Radio bringing new fans into the accounting game, dropping numbers out that to people that may not fully understand what they mean.

Me personally, bores me to tears, right up there with Halloween for the worst times of the year when it's accounts release day. I have to do my own which is a chore, so the last thing I want to do is trawl through others.

But whilst I don't fully understand the enjoyment others take from it, I do understand that some may just be simply concerned about the clubs future and would like to know if we are in any serious danger of going under as we have before.

I just love the game, on the pitch. 11 v 11, not an abacus in sight and no paperwork.

Thanks for the above. Had a look at the Bristol City site, yawn. Long ago there was a Prime Minister who wasn't very confident with finance. When the Chancellor came round to talk about the Budget he took out a box of matches and placed the sticks on the table according to the various Budget shares.

Anyway if I was the new rich owner of Derby County, and having sorted out the mess, I would publish a layman's financial statement in the programme each year to save amateur financial detectives doing it, and to challenge anyone who thought I wasn't putting enough money in to explain how they would improve matters. 

Archived