Potential Investor Henry Gabay Arrested.

Bubbles

6 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I'm actually starting to wonder if Mel hasn't used his fortune to build a time machine, and he keeps going back to tweak things so that we get promoted, but every time he makes a change to the space-time continuum it just gets worse

The Butterfly effect 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Squid said:

Facing fifteen bloody years in prison.

Jesus wept.

I love this club.

Next thing you know Dodgy Dave who sold bootleg dvd’s down the local will be investing.

And we'll employ Purple Aki as a youth team coach...

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

I wish they'd bring the series 'V' back on television. 

they did.

Even if had he funds this guy probably would have wanted his pound of flesh and more for it.

Football seems a magnet for every crook, dodgy dealer and charlatan going.

Thank goodness we got Mel. 

I think we should all remember that next time 'we/people' start call for his head. 

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Even if had he funds this guy probably would have wanted his pound of flesh and more for it.

I think we should all remember that next time 'we/people' start call for his head. 

walter white GIF

27 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I think that's the reality for any 'investor'. They wouldn't be putting money into the club for the attention or adulation, its purely for the profit that can be made running a club in the Premiership with the TV money on offer there.

Appreciate Mel has been looking in essence for silent partners to invest alongside him but I would be much happier if it were possible for him to retain overall control of the club & look at a different investment model. One possible alternative would be some sort of supporters' bond where money is lent to the club by a group of wealthier supporters at a fairly low interest rate, with a guaranteed dividend if we get to the Premiership based on their pro-rata contribution to the overall bond. 

These supporters & their interests could be represented by one group & one independent, distinct supporters' voice on the Board. Am sure preferential creditor status could be applied to the packaged loan to guard against any financial mishaps, supporters could choose to increase or decrease investment as they wish subject to some guidelines and the supporters investment group could meet regularly to discuss strategy & choose which member to sit at the monthly DCFC board meeting.

44 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

According to The Athletic, Gabay lent Mel £81.1m in order for him to buy Pride Park.

https://theathletic.com/1918944/2020/07/10/henry-gabay-lent-81m-to-Derby-owner-mel-morris-for-stadium?source=user-shared-article

I don't think that's anything new, is it? The charge on the stadium was identified before Chirstmas if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I don't think that's anything new, is it? The charge on the stadium was identified before Chirstmas if I remember correctly.

Neither is unusual, all financial institutions are borrowing, lending and investing at the same time, the money merry-go-round innit....

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So who purchased the stadium, Mel? Gabay?

81 million quid is a hefty loan.

"I'm no expert" is the understatement of the year, but as I understand it, it's similar to a mortgage?

Mel is the owner whilst he keeps up the repayments on the loan, but fail to make those repayments on time, and the investor can repossess the property concerned? 

I'm sure there will be small print and stipulated terms, of course, but I think that's the gist of it?  I could be more wrong than normal!

... By my calcs, £81 million over 25 years = £270,000 per month... plus interest!   ?

EDIT:
Just realised you asked who purchased... not who owned!  I'd still say Mel.  Gabay was just his "Mortgage provider"?

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So who purchased the stadium, Mel? Gabay?

81 million quid is a hefty loan.

was one of the companies controlled by Mel I thought. Presumably it borrowed the cash from Gabays investment fund, who has a charge over the stadium as security. 

I assume this was simply expeditious to prevent mel having to liquidate investments elsewhere and lend the money himself.

Archived