Live football thread.

Rev

Just now, TigerTedd said:

They’re supposed to be in control of the slide. Following through into the other players ankle is not good evidence that you’ve got it under control. 

How can you ever be in control of a slide tackle?!

Not even a foul 10 years ago, nevermind a red card.

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

How each of us judges it @G STAR RAMI guess, instant decision made by ref and only on replay did I think it was a bad ‘un 

He has won the ball. 

His feet arent off the ground.

If the opponent has ran into his leg after he has won the ball then tough.

If it was a studs up, out of control challenge then the guy did really well to recover from it so quickly. 

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That is apparent from what you say constitutes and doesn't constitute a foul, yellow card etc

I've always thought football should be played on a football pitch, rather than in a book by people that have never played the game or by people sat in an armchair watching 50 replays to come to their decision.

Each to their own though, I'm sure you've revised the rules down to a tee so fair play to you ?

Maguire got the ball, that is true, but the foul came after that when he followed through to make sure the opponent didn’t break with the ball. Have to say,for me, it was a yellow card every day.

The  penalty however, that’s just a shocker. We’ll never get rid of VAR while there are knobs refereeing games.