Live football thread.

Rev

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Maguire got the ball, that is true, but the foul came after that when he followed through to make sure the opponent didn’t break with the ball. Have to say,for me, it was a yellow card every day.

When you watch the replays it is easy to see him move his foot to make contact after he's won the ball.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Southgate out for duck sake. We have talented players, our best crop in a while but this guy is going to waste them. Get a coach with some attacking flair at the helm. 7 defenders vs Denmark. 

Yep got to agree.

Very similar to another team that I know that are more bothered about trying to stop the opposition than playing to their own strengths. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Southgate out for duck sake. We have talented players, our best crop in a while but this guy is going to waste them. Get a coach with some attacking flair at the helm. 7 defenders vs Denmark. 

Never been a fan of Gary Southgate (as Jose calls him). 
How he got the job in the first place was beyond me. I would get the ginger ninja from Burnley, he would organise the defence and wouldn’t allow this indiscipline. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep got to agree.

Very similar to another team that I know that are more bothered about trying to stop the opposition than playing to their own strengths. 

There is no reason England should look laboured as they do. We have players that can put any other international team to the sword, and yet we're obsessed with this negative style of play. Tonight we should have lined up with a 4-3-3, but instead we have 5 defenders, who apparently need 2 holding mids in front of them for God knows what reason. 

Edited by Andicis

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Never been a fan of Gary Southgate (as Jose calls him). 
How he got the job in the first place was beyond me. I would get the ginger ninja from Burnley, he would organise the defence and wouldn’t allow this indiscipline. 

I have no idea how he got the job. I don't see Dyche as being a good candidate though, he would be more of the same football we saw tonight. England have a good attacking squad, and we should have a manager to reflect it. 

Just now, Andicis said:

There is no reason England should look laboured as they do. We have players that can put any other international team to the sword, and yet we're obsessed with this negative style of play. Tonight we should have lined up with a 4-3-3, but instead we have 5 defenders, who need 2 holding mids in front of that for God knows what reason. 

Because we haven't got 2 CBs good enough to play there in a back 4 when all of our full backs are so attacking in nature.