Live football thread.

Rev

I forgot to mention it when it actually happened - but Ings' goal has to be the least acrobatic, successful, overhead kick I've ever witnessed.

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Winning 3-0 doesn't mean it's a good performance. Some of Southgates decisions are truly baffling, but at least this is better than the last two games.

It was the b-team mate. Expect the big guns to be rolled out for Belgium. This was nothing more than a training exercise and should be viewed as such.

5 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It was the b-team mate. Expect the big guns to be rolled out for Belgium. This was nothing more than a training exercise and should be viewed as such.

Did you watch our other nations league games? We played the big guns in the those games and they were the worst England games i've seen for a very long time.  I fully expect us to back to full on defensive mode agsinst Belgium. They are all still friendlies despite their attempts to prove otherwise, but you will never, ever convince me that Southgate is a good manager or the right man for the job. 

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Did you watch our other nations league games? We played the big guns in the those games and they were the worst England games i've seen for a very long time.  I fully expect us to back to full on defensive mode agsinst Belgium. They are all still friendlies despite their attempts to prove otherwise, but you will never, ever convince me that Southgate is a good manager or the right man for the job. 

Haven't said he is mate, only that a 3-0 win with a weak side in any international is not a bad result. You were 'baffled' by Southgate's decisions but the result vindicates his calls even if the performance doesn't. If these are the worst performances in a 'very long time' I'd politely suggest that you're having some sort of memory malfunction. I'd venture getting turned over by Iceland in the Euros was way worse than anything I've seen lately, especially given that was a game that actually mattered!