Live football thread.

Rev

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Oh I do and lots of mates who are around my age (74).  When I was first taken by dad to see Stanley Mathews at the BBG it was called soccer as much as it was called football and lots of magazines had Soccer in the title. (Soccer World, Soccer Review, Soccer Star etc) It’s not an American thing, it comes from Association football (hence soccer) to distinguish it from Rugby football (rugger). But I suppose it’s use now is just us old gits and Americans (who first adopted the word when it was still called soccer here and to distinguish it from American football)

Always used to watch Star Soccer on Sunday afternoon, with Hugh Johns on the commentary. 

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Have they sacked him yet?

7-1 now, fans calling for Stevie G stating two trophies in 6 years isn't good enough for a big club - it Liverpool a big club though ?

Oh and here is the moan, can't be a penalty as people have asked me about it, he is losing the plot 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribuna.com/amp/liverpoolfc/en/news/2021-02-21-the-ref-saw-something-other-people-didnt-i-wanted-to-ask-him-what-it-was-klopp-on-everton/

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

7-1 now, fans calling for Stevie G stating two trophies in 6 years isn't good enough for a big club - it Liverpool a big club though ?

Oh and here is the moan, can't be a penalty as people have asked me about it, he is losing the plot 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribuna.com/amp/liverpoolfc/en/news/2021-02-21-the-ref-saw-something-other-people-didnt-i-wanted-to-ask-him-what-it-was-klopp-on-everton/

Big club? They used to be in the 80’s when they actually won things, not anymore though. 
Why are they moaning about the penalty..? It was a penalty...and it’s jot like they didn’t have 83 minutes between the two goals to get something... ha ha 

Auf wiedersehn Flopp. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Big club? They used to be in the 80’s when they actually won things, not anymore though. 
Why are they moaning about the penalty..? It was a penalty...and it’s jot like they didn’t have 83 minutes between the two goals to get something... ha ha 

Auf wiedersehn Flopp. 

Good point. The penalty wasn’t the match winner, whether it was legit or not, it was the goal they let in in the first few minutes, and the fact that they could find a reply, that killed them.