Live football thread.

Rev

I do wonder, if Chelsea’s goal had been allowed, they would have had no need to look back at the penalty decision, and therefore wouldn’t have scrutinised Romeros challenge, and he’d probably still be on the pitch. 

Ironically, spurs are probably cursing var more than Chelsea for disallowing that goal. It could have been 1-1, instead it was 1-1 and a player down. 

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I do wonder, if Chelsea’s goal had been allowed, they would have had no need to look back at the penalty decision, and therefore wouldn’t have scrutinised Romeros challenge, and he’d probably still be on the pitch. 

Ironically, spurs are probably cursing var more than Chelsea for disallowing that goal. It could have been 1-1, instead it was 1-1 and a player down. 

The wat Romero was playing, he'd have been off sooner or later.

I mentioned before but I grew up in the 90s and 00s, when the PL started to boom and games were easily accessible for the armchair supporters.

Man Utd simply dominated, on and off the pitch. Yeah Arsenal and Chelsea had some successful seasons, but between 1995 and 2010, a good 15 year period was largely dominated by Man Utd.

They had an army of glory supporters. All the kids wanted to be like Beckham and later Ronaldo. I grew up in Long Eaton so it was probably 30% Forest, 20% Derby, 49.9% Man Utd and 0.1% others.

On the field they won, a lot. Fergie time. Bullying referees. Ridiculous decisions went their way. Surrounding the refs. Theater of Dreams on a Super Sunday. United this, United that. They were horrible.

Pep’s Barca destroying them was beautiful. And the past 10 years of City and Liverpool battering them has been so rewarding.

But it’s now reached the stage where they are becoming irrelevant in terms of a top side. It’s become normal for the likes of Palace and Brighton to beat them. I’m no longer surprised, and it feels like their chapter as England’s top club is now well and truly over. 

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I mentioned before but I grew up in the 90s and 00s, when the PL started to boom and games were easily accessible for the armchair supporters.

Man Utd simply dominated, on and off the pitch. Yeah Arsenal and Chelsea had some successful seasons, but between 1995 and 2010, a good 15 year period was largely dominated by Man Utd.

They had an army of glory supporters. All the kids wanted to be like Beckham and later Ronaldo. I grew up in Long Eaton so it was probably 30% Forest, 20% Derby, 49.9% Man Utd and 0.1% others.

On the field they won, a lot. Fergie time. Bullying referees. Ridiculous decisions went their way. Surrounding the refs. Theater of Dreams on a Super Sunday. United this, United that. They were horrible.

Pep’s Barca destroying them was beautiful. And the past 10 years of City and Liverpool battering them has been so rewarding.

But it’s now reached the stage where they are becoming irrelevant in terms of a top side. It’s become normal for the likes of Palace and Brighton to beat them. I’m no longer surprised, and it feels like their chapter as England’s top club is now well and truly over. 

People keep talking about how they will be back, maybe this is the start of their come back, or that is. But they’ve not got a good given right to be at the top table. Football goes in cycles. And eventually even the mightiest fall. It’s seems to happen when an iconic manager leaves or wanes.

Ask Preston, they were big once, when are they going to make their big comeback.

What United have going for them is a lot of reputation in the bank from those halcyon days. But how long before they become Everton, and no one cares about their past anymore?