Buying and Selling Shares

Angry Ram

On 20/07/2020 at 22:06, cstand said:

Bought some Boohoo shares last week 230p if they can iron out the problems they need to address they should become fashionable again, hoping to double my money in two years time, but any profit would be nice.

On line sales tax will be a damper but I do not blame Rishi as long its not too high a tax. 

Mrs Brummie and me had a load of Halifax shares given to us when they became a bank.

I watched teletext as they kept climbing until they approached £10 a share.

As it was free money anyway I phoned and sold at over £9 each.

Within days came the crash and they'd have sold for pennies.

To quote "Idiot Wind"- "I can't help it if I'm lucky!"

But remember that it was idiots who played fast and loose with other folk's hard earned cash that got the financial market into the mess it is still in and ElDorado is somewhat elusive!

(You'd probably make more buying and selling on Ebay!)

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Any idea why all crypto currencies took a nosedive this morning?

Not 100% clear but reports suggesting Putin will effectively ban the use of cryptocurrency in Russia. Possibly panic sales in case this catches in other countries. 

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Any idea why all crypto currencies took a nosedive this morning?

You may already have come across it but if you find the world of crypto currencies interesting, there is a good podcast on BBC Sounds called The Missing Cryptoqueen.

On 20/07/2020 at 22:06, cstand said:

Bought some Boohoo shares last week 230p if they can iron out the problems they need to address they should become fashionable again, hoping to double my money in two years time, but any profit would be nice.

Currently 280p

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.directorstalkinterviews.com/boohoo-group-plc-49-6-potential-upside-indicated-by-bernstein/412842074%3famp

• 1 month later...
On 30/07/2020 at 12:20, David said:

Had my first dabble after being told about this one. Got no idea what I’m doing like, just said let me know when I should sell ??‍♂️

B5AE4966-7D0E-4EC0-8F68-CD28F37C29CA.png

02EAE1BC-02E6-4169-B176-3DD13AC3852D.jpeg

19p today I bought these at an average of 2.1p just over a couple of years ago so very happy today

I dabble, mostly with FTSE 100 / safe bets. Covid was a big hit but it has come back a bit. Bailed out of Shell at a loss. Took a few risks a while back in smaller shares, Have doubled my money on games workshop and Ceres power holdings, but in the end I’m no better than a pro who’s wide awake. Reckon I am 10% down since Covid. Better than the market but not a lot. . If I divi it all up I have learned something and earned a touch more than a cash deposit account might have .. but that ain’t very much ?

On 10/09/2020 at 18:04, cstand said:

19p today I bought these at an average of 2.1p just over a couple of years ago so very happy today

Even better tonight. Tasty profit ahead.

121.7m brought tonight late on at 27p (not me), Monday morning will be interesting.

3830CAA5-95B4-4FE2-83ED-BD05BE05B949.jpeg

3A83D9AF-36D8-4B9D-836E-0764278543EB.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2020 at 17:18, David said:

Even better tonight. Tasty profit ahead.

121.7m brought tonight late on at 27p (not me), Monday morning will be interesting.

3830CAA5-95B4-4FE2-83ED-BD05BE05B949.jpeg

3A83D9AF-36D8-4B9D-836E-0764278543EB.jpeg

Should be an update on Thursday morning on Haverion joint venture with Newcrest and hopefully Scallywag drilling results could a very interesting indeed.