Buying and Selling Shares

Angry Ram

GGP had disappointing results from Scallywag good results form Haverion share price dropped from 35p to 23p the out going CEO bought 100k at 22p today. I think it’s a good buy n hold for the next 5 years Tier 1 gold mine should up and running in 2-3 years broker price 33p then when MRE completed as expected then 66p. If you are interested paddygall on Twitter for more info I am not on Twitter so cannot provide a link.

Edited by cstand

17 hours ago, cstand said:

GGP had disappointing results from Scallywag good results form Haverion share price dropped from 35p to 23p the out going CEO bought 100k at 22p today. I think it’s a good buy n hold for the next 5 years Tier 1 gold mine should up and running in 2-3 years broker price 33p then when MRE completed as expected then 66p. If you are interested paddygall on Twitter for more info I am not on Twitter so cannot provide a link.

Up 11% today think it will stay at the 27p level for a while then increase slowly up to further results from Haverion MRE or if they get good results from other joint ventures with Newcrest. 

On 21/07/2020 at 08:11, Angry Ram said:

I’ve stuck to Pharma and tech. I’ve also stuck to US trading as well. 

Hi. 

Do you know the CGT situation in US stocks at all? I'm trading on the app mentioned earlier but haven't been able to find out any info on whether UK residents get taxed at 37% if you sell within  year of the initial purchase. 

Trading T212 have a Share Isa facility as we bit at the minute that isn't available for some reason. If that option becomes available then I will transfer from a regular trading account into the ISA. 

Bit concerned about having to hold for a year and potentially miss out on gains. 

Any advice from anyone? 

1 hour ago, Igor_111 said:

Hi. 

Do you know the CGT situation in US stocks at all? I'm trading on the app mentioned earlier but haven't been able to find out any info on whether UK residents get taxed at 37% if you sell within  year of the initial purchase. 

Trading T212 have a Share Isa facility as we bit at the minute that isn't available for some reason. If that option becomes available then I will transfer from a regular trading account into the ISA. 

Bit concerned about having to hold for a year and potentially miss out on gains. 

Any advice from anyone? 

Think Trading 212 have suspended new accounts due to demand when they can deal with the predicted volume of transactions they let new accounts be open again.

Edited by cstand

Does anyone on here deal with crypto currencies.What is the easiest safest way to store crypto?

I am thinking of buying certain tokens in the crypto space but apparently you have to own a crypto currency to buy never done this before. 

I have made an investment in Kr1 which invests in various tokens/crypto up 250% so far but I want to invest a tokens themselves I have just seen a very exciting start up which will actually help people like me understand the crypto space. Think their app comes out in March but want to invest before then only went live a few days ago

Edited by cstand

6 hours ago, cstand said:

Think Trading 212 have suspended new accounts due to demand when they can deal with the predicted volume of transactions they let new accounts be open again

Hi cstand (give us a wave ?

That wasn't the question I was asking. I appreciate new accounts are suspended due ?to huge volumes. I have a trading account but not an ISA account. 

I was asking about the US tax situation from a CGT perspective as a UK citizen. span widge?

Just now, Igor_111 said:

That wasn't the question I was asking. I appreciate new accounts are suspended due ?to huge volumes. I have a trading account but not an ISA account. 

I was asking about the US tax situation from a CGT perspective as a UK citizen. span widge?

OK. No idea how the emojis work here! Hehe 

2 hours ago, Igor_111 said:

Unfortunately cannot answer your question on CGT. 

12 hours ago, Igor_111 said:

https://community.hmrc.gov.uk/forums/customerforums/sa/a386ee15-6b2d-ea11-8454-00155d3bd04f

On 24/01/2021 at 12:00, cstand said:

Well Argo did drop on the 11/01 but bounced back very quickly. Last Friday was the time to buy if you think Bitcoin will rise in the future would have posted it but I was too busy looking at a cash shell company, it will either be a multi bagger x10 or I will lose my money but I am only playing with my profits from other investments. 
Good luck everyone on your investments

Argo is having a good day ☺️ Right now 249.085 Boom./

Edited by Angry Ram

On 24/01/2021 at 16:24, Rev said:

Good advice @cstand.

Don't ignore established companies, the share price may not go anywhere exciting, but regular dividends can yield around 5% with little risk. 

Which brings about the power of compounding. Some sage advice in many financial books on this subject. 

Suppose it begs the question, is buy and hold still relevant?