Buying and Selling Shares

Angry Ram

5 hours ago, cstand said:

Should be an update on Thursday morning on Haverion joint venture with Newcrest and hopefully Scallywag drilling results could a very interesting indeed.

Yep. Still expecting the market to crash with the US election/Covid and that, but hanging in there ready for next year when it’s ?

E79F8FF7-53B7-4053-B690-84558A420DBD.jpeg

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, TimRam said:

Hope you got into Ceres Power a few months ago.

I did .. chance article in the Times last year .. my £ 1,000 pounds now worth 3,700 ... goes nicely with my Ted Baker shirt where my 1500 quid  is now worth a princely 120 quid. Ouch !
Overall I am 1.3% down year on year which given the pandemic I guess is ok all things considered. Just wish I hadn’t bailed out of Shell in a panic 

• 2 weeks later...

Have some money to invest with but I can't see myself doing it. Too loss averse. Can imagine myself up late at night finding out all my savings that I have invested in a dodgy chinese firm have dropped 1000% after they were closed down by the government for having Coronavirus brewing there in a dish artificially for months before the outbreak, then sweating trying to offload and becoming skint with no savings. Would get mentally ill if I was loosing money constantly so if I was to invest I'd play it safe. If you have inside knowledge it would be worth it or very good knowledge if not it's just amore sophisticated gamble than putting £10 on Kazim to score first every game I think. Not quite that bad but you know what I mean, not worth the money. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

7 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Have some money to invest with but I can't see myself doing it. Too loss averse. Can imagine myself up late at night finding out all my savings that I have invested in a dodgy chinese firm have dropped 1000% after they were closed down by the government for having Coronavirus brewing there in a dish artificially for months before the outbreak, then sweating trying to offload and becoming skint with no savings. Would get mentally ill if I was loosing money constantly so if I was to invest I'd play it safe. If you have inside knowledge it would be worth it or very good knowledge if not it's just amore sophisticated gamble than putting £10 on Kazim to score first every game I think. Not quite that bad but you know what I mean, not worth the money. 

Just stick it in an index fund or investment ISA.

37 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just stick it in an index fund or investment ISA.

I put money away in an ISA in Fidelity few years ago then followed Neil Woodford the star manager when he set up his own unit trust company luckily I tracked his performance after a couple of years he started buying some strange companies to put in his income fund so I bailed out just in time before it went bust.

Already got unit trusts in my pension also use to have company shares until 13 years ago.

I should have stuck to a well known unit trust company or tracker

Edited by cstand

11 minutes ago, cstand said:

I put money away in an ISA in Fidelity few years ago then followed Neil Woodford the star manager when he set up his own unit trust company luckily I tracked his performance after a couple of years he started buying some strange companies to put in his income fund so I bailed out just in time before it went bust.

Already got unit trusts in my pension also use to have company shares until 13 years ago.

I should have stuck to a well known unit trust company or tracker

I use Wealthify's Investment ISA. Has a max value of £20,000 (a figure I'm nowhere near). Decision are made completely by algorithms I believe, which suits me as someone who believes in the wisdom of algorithms over humans.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I use Wealthify's Investment ISA. Has a max value of £20,000 (a figure I'm nowhere near). Decision are made completely by algorithms I believe, which suits me as someone who believes in the wisdom of algorithms over humans.

Surely you should be using a lifetime ISA?

Guaranteed 25% return even on cash?

29 minutes ago, Rev said:

Surely you should be using a lifetime ISA?

Guaranteed 25% return even on cash?

To be honest, I didn’t put much thought into it. I decided I needed to start putting some money aside and just picked an algorithmic investment fund I’d heard about.

I’ll look into it though, thanks.

35 minutes ago, Rev said:

Invested in pharmaceuticals, by any chance?

I bought some dud investments around that age.

I did! I should have gone with Pfizer. I knew I should've gone with Pfizer even back then. But I went with Phil from behind the Black Horse in Somercotes because he used to send his nephew on a bmx to make the trades. It all seemed so well set up at the time. We didn't have apps. Bloody Phil. Thinking back, I'm not even sure he was even a real medical practitioner.

2 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

I did! I should have gone with Pfizer. I knew I should've gone with Pfizer even back then. But I went with Phil from behind the Black Horse in Somercotes because he used to send his nephew on a bmx to make the trades. It all seemed so well set up at the time. We didn't have apps. Bloody Phil. Thinking back, I'm not even sure he was even a real medical practitioner.

Yet Phil's model has been adopted worldwide. 

Make in one place, take the cash in another, if Phil was in charge of the vaccine we'd all be done by New Year's Eve.