Buying and Selling Shares

Angry Ram

On 28/12/2020 at 19:11, cstand said:

Bitcoin is still expected to go higher in  2021, I have invested in Argo blockchain at 16p just before Xmas hoping it will do better than Bitcoin but if Bitcoin drops Argo will drop like stone. 

Hope you and @Angry Ramheld your nerve, some big winners in the blockchain sphere; didn’t do ARB as considered it had bolted, but anything linked to crypto was on steroids.

Caveat to anyone trading, this feels vaguely familiar to the new tech 2000 run up, manage your risk in them and be careful out there.

On 09/01/2021 at 07:26, Zag zig said:

Hope you and @Angry Ramheld your nerve, some big winners in the blockchain sphere; didn’t do ARB as considered it had bolted, but anything linked to crypto was on steroids.

Caveat to anyone trading, this feels vaguely familiar to the new tech 2000 run up, manage your risk in them and be careful out there.

Thanks Zag zig yes I am careful bizarrely Bitcoin is now considered a safe haven, only realised this just before Xmas this is why I bought Argo. 

My gain on Argo is bittersweet if it was not for Bitcoin gold would have been seen as safe haven and could have doubled in price my ggp shares would have gone into orbit . 
I still see stellar gains over the next four years for either Bitcoin or gold. Short term I am backing Bitcoin then getting out into gold. 

Unfortunately I cannot explain why a safe haven is so important over the next four years my post would get removed.

3 hours ago, cstand said:

Thanks Zag zig yes I am careful bizarrely Bitcoin is now considered a safe haven, only realised this just before Xmas this is why I bought Argo. 

My gain on Argo is bittersweet if it was not for Bitcoin gold would have been seen as safe haven and could have doubled in price my ggp shares would have gone into orbit . 
I still see stellar gains over the next four years for either Bitcoin or gold. Short term I am backing Bitcoin then getting out into gold. 

Unfortunately I cannot explain why a safe haven is so important over the next four years my post would get removed.

Well what do I know Bitcoin dropped nearly 10% 

On 30/12/2020 at 08:09, alexxxxx said:

Haha yep. I'll start off with basic shares and then quickly move on to buying complex products which expose me to huge losses. 

You may find your bank will offer a dealing service alongside your current account online. You will need to apply/sign up and this will be a basic trading service with no advice etc but can be a good way to get started. Also easy to keep a check on how your portfolio is doing. My recommendation would be to have a balanced portfolio with some mature developed stocks with an eye on the yield as well as potential growth in the share price. You could also consider an equity fund where there’s less input from an individual point of view but with billions managed can show good returns. This can either be single lump sum, regular investment, ISA. Good luck 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2021 at 21:24, cstand said:

Hopefully argo will get hammered  tomorrow time for a cheeky top up. 

As always DYOR before you invest.

Well Argo did drop on the 11/01 but bounced back very quickly. Last Friday was the time to buy if you think Bitcoin will rise in the future would have posted it but I was too busy looking at a cash shell company, it will either be a multi bagger x10 or I will lose my money but I am only playing with my profits from other investments. 
Good luck everyone on your investments

A possibility of making a small return on Royal Mail shares. Currently at £4.15, they were as low as £1.31 mid March last year. Expected to rise further on the announcement of a deal between the hierarchy and the employees union. Also an announcement due on their results over the Xmas period. Do shoot the messenger if it doesn't come to fruition. It would be a speculative punt. 

31 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

A possibility of making a small return on Royal Mail shares. Currently at £4.15, they were as low as £1.31 mid March last year. Expected to rise further on the announcement of a deal between the hierarchy and the employees union. Also an announcement due on their results over the Xmas period. Do shoot the messenger if it doesn't come to fruition. It would be a speculative punt. 

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole tbh, as a business they're turbulent, the union and business are in constant to and fros and they are attempting to streamline again soon. Just my opinion though?

The whole saving rate debacle is pushing me towards investing my capital but being risk adverse it's something that doesn't sit with me easily.

I've gone to financial advisors before in the past for chats but their management fees were astronomical which then pushes up the level of risk as I would have then had to invest my money in riskier markets to outweigh their annual charges. Plus it's advice and isn't guaranteed.

Best Instant Access savings account is now 0.5% which is appalling. 

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole tbh, as a business they're turbulent, the union and business are in constant to and fros and they are attempting to streamline again soon. Just my opinion though?

Agreed but a short term gain is possible which was my point. An agreement has been made between the business and union(dependent on a workforce ballot) for the streamlining so in the short term there is no volatility at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The whole saving rate debacle is pushing me towards investing my capital but being risk adverse it's something that doesn't sit with me easily.

I've gone to financial advisors before in the past for chats but their management fees were astronomical which then pushes up the level of risk as I would have then had to invest my money in riskier markets to outweigh their annual charges. Plus it's advice and isn't guaranteed.

Best Instant Access savings account is now 0.5% which is appalling. 

GlaxoSmithKline has fallen 25% in the last year and pays a dividend four times a year google the share price look at the history it’s not a volatile company and the price is currently in the lower regions of its historic price. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/ignore-falling-glaxosmithkline-share-price-170252184.html

https://investorjunkie.com/investing/how-to-get-into-stocks/  USA website but I think useful

Edited by cstand