Can we still be promoted?

Chester40

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think playoffs this season may be a bit out of reach this season. Although our run in gives us an opportunity to gain on others above us, I just feel some games may be too difficult especially those against top sides at home as we have no support which has helped us. Plus a possible points deduction I’d be happy to finish mid table and keep our youngsters, then give it a good go next season.

Following the draw with Wigan at Xmas our goal difference was -10.  Preston who were (and still are 6th) had a GD of +8 which has now fallen back to +5.  And surprisingly that's a fairly consistent picture with all the teams in and around us.  I expect that come the end of the season only Blackburn will have a higher GD than us (other than the current top 4).

To put that into context only Brentford have had a greater positive impact on their GD across the whole league since xmas.  We are on the march.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That late Millwall goal cost us places, lets hope it's not down to GD at the end...

it only cost us one place (maybe not even that as we'd have exactly the same record as Cardiff in terms of goals score, goals conceded and goal difference) and only because Cardiff didn't play.

Archived