Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Jurassic World. CGI was incredible, and it was definitely better than the 2nd and 3rd.

Chris Pratt made the film what it was, and there wasn't really any bad characters. Make sure you count all the different product placements though, think I stopped at 10. No Jeff Goldblum though.

8/10

Samsung, Starbucks & the Pandora one was so blatant! 

Jurassic World. CGI was incredible, and it was definitely better than the 2nd and 3rd.

Chris Pratt made the film what it was, and there wasn't really any bad characters. Make sure you count all the different product placements though, think I stopped at 10. No Jeff Goldblum though.

8/10

How can you have a kooky science film without kooky science dude?

Poltergeist (1982 Tobe Hooper / Steven Spielberg version)

With the release of the re-make it reminded me to re-watch this old favourite of mine that I've seen so many times but not for years and only on grainy VHS. Saw it on Blu-ray at the weekend and it's just as great as I remembered and all the better for being able to see a bit more detail. 

Great characters that you like and care about and some spooky bits. Some funny bits but not really scary (except maybe the "face" scene in the mirror) but still shocked it was originally released as PG in the States. It'd be a 15 now. Watching it with more mature eyes now I can see that it's just as much about Reagan era consumerism in the US, as it is about ghosts. 

Just a classic. 9/10 & only loses a point as one or two of the visual effects haven't aged that well.

I hope the re-make hasn't stamped all over it.

• 2 weeks later...

It Follows 8/10

Really good thriller/horror. A very different film I don't know if you can even call it an horror (there's hardly any blood or violence, it's all about the suspense) but it's supernatural of sorts.

Really nicely shot and a great young cast.

It Follows 8/10

Really good thriller/horror. A very different film I don't know if you can even call it an horror (there's hardly any blood or violence, it's all about the suspense) but it's supernatural of sorts.

Really nicely shot and a great young cast.

I really enjoyed that and I think it's hard to make a decent horror. I recommend The Guest as well. The same lass is in it and it's also got an 80's vibe

There are some 'bad science' films that are absolutely brilliant (think 'Doppelganger', 'Silent Running', 'The Time Machine', 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' and the like) - and then there is this horrendous piece of dross.

I can't even be bothered to give it a mark. I think the only reason I was still watching it at the end was that my brain had melted.

Minions

Took the kids (7yo and 12yo) at the weekend and we all came out with the same opinion characters like this are much better playing bit parts in movies rather than having a whole movie to themselves.  Short sharp laughs are funnier than trying to drag jokes out for 90 mins.  

5/10 if you've seen the trailer, you've seen the best bits :unsure:

There are some 'bad science' films that are absolutely brilliant (think 'Doppelganger', 'Silent Running', 'The Time Machine', 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' and the like) - and then there is this horrendous piece of dross.

I can't even be bothered to give it a mark. I think the only reason I was still watching it at the end was that my brain had melted.

You have my sympathies. I remember a reviewer when the film came out, who said that at least if the world does end in 2012, then all of the copies of 2012 will be destroyed, so it's not all bad then.

Inside out 10/10 - Just a masterpiece. Brilliant animation, abolsutely hilarious

Chasing Mavericks 10/10 - I love the ocean and water sports, so this gets my vote. Gerard Butler is awesome too

Jurassic World 7/10 - Happened all too quickly. I could tell the whole plot of the story in 30 seconds. Where did the time go? But a solid movie nonetheless and probably my second favourite in the series.

Spy -  6/10 Not terrible, had a few cheap laughs in it

Iron Man 2- 5/10 I actually watched this because Tom Ince quoted it "And...it's good to be back" 

Mad Max: Fury Road 8/10 -  Really enjoyed it

Kingsman 8/10 - One of the best films this year

Pain and Gain 7/10 - Guilty pleasure this, kind of feel bad that they made a comedy out of torture that actually happened

Social Network 8.5/10 - Brilliant

Kingsman -  8/10. Bloody brilliant.

Fury 7/10 - Not too historically accurate but a good film all the same

American Sniper - 6/10. A good film buggered up by a complete misrepresentation of the character and a big old dollop of straight faced patriotism from our American cousins.

Ex-Machina - 9/10. Loved it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something different.

Kingsman- 7.5/10, great that we've got a solid flick like this coming out in February.

Avengers: AOU- 8/10, still loved it but it's not resonated like that first one.

Jurassic World- 7/10, amazed it's made so much money, it's reasonably solid and fun but not much else. The original JP's too much to live up to for ANY film though.

Terminator: Genisys- 4/10, get in the ******* sea.

Mad Max: Fury Road- 10/10, this film is genuinely important, hope to god it sets a trend for action films.