Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Terminator Genysis - I dunno 5/10? Maybe less.

It was an enjoyable romp I suppose if you switch your brain off but you shouldn't have to - the original 2 Terminators were smart action films. Awful trailer plot reveal ruined what could have been a nice twist, even though I'm not sure that twist made a lot of sense anyway. Skynet wanting to play happy families? Why?

Was this a PG? If so, why? The antagonist carried no menace like Arnie and Robert Patrick did.

The little, plump lass out of Game of Thrones looked a bit ridiculous carting a 50 cal gun around. A far cry from Linda Hamiltons bulked up frame in the 2nd one. And I don't like Jai Courtney. If have cast Frank Grillo as Kyle Reese - he gave a very Michael Biehnesque performance in the Purge 2.

It just didn't feel canon somehow, it felt like a marvel multiverse version of the Terminator.

and the soundtrack I think Hans Zimmer had something to do with was so dull and generic. I love the synth soundtrack to the original. 

Edited by StringerBell

Terminator - 10/10

Terminator 2 - 7/10

First movie was/is perfect. I know a lot of people rave about the second one but I just don't see it. In no way, shape or form is it better than the original. Far too long, and drags in the middle. Plus, Eddie Furlong is beyond irritating.

Terminator - 10/10

Terminator 2 - 7/10

First movie was/is perfect. I know a lot of people rave about the second one but I just don't see it. In no way, shape or form is it better than the original. Far too long, and drags in the middle. Plus, Eddie Furlong is beyond irritating.

Very girly sounding voice to me at least in the film.

Terminator - 10/10

Terminator 2 - 7/10

Bloody Nora you're hard to please. I gave the latest one 5/10 but on consideration think that's a bit high. It's terrible. 

I agree the first is the best but Terminator 2 is a landmark film. In Inception and the Matrix I think there have only been two sci-fi blockbusters that compete with it in the last twenty odd years. Oh and the new Mad Max.

Bloody Nora you're hard to please. I gave the latest one 5/10 but on consideration think that's a bit high. It's terrible. 

I agree the first is the best but Terminator 2 is a landmark film. In Inception and the Matrix I think there have only been two sci-fi blockbusters that compete with it in the last twenty odd years. Oh and the new Mad Max.

Tbf, Inception and The Matrix aside (with the possible addition of Moon), there hasn't really been any great sci-if movies this side of the millennium. 

T2 is ok, I just don't think that it's as great as many people think. 

Tbf, Inception and The Matrix aside (with the possible addition of Moon), there hasn't really been any great sci-if movies this side of the millennium. 

Yeah Moons good, but I was thinking more of the big blockbuster sci-fi. Like Minority Report, now that's a film I'd describe as ok/pretty good.

Looper is good too

But T2 okay?

;)

It's now 20 years since 12 Monkeys was released, and over 30 since the original Terminator. I think that The Matrix was made in 1999, so Inception probably stands alone as the only decent 21st century Sci-Fi movie I've seen so far.

It's now 20 years since 12 Monkeys was released, and over 30 since the original Terminator. I think that The Matrix was made in 1999, so Inception probably stands alone as the only decent 21st century Sci-Fi movie I've seen so far.

12 monkeys. I should watch that again, I've heard the telly shows worth a watch too.

The main reason I should watch it is because the last time I watched it years ago it just seemed as though all the 'clever' plot twists were nothing more than tacked on coincidences which weren't clever at all. So I should probably watch again because I must have missed something 

12 monkeys. I should watch that again, I've heard the telly shows worth a watch too.

The main reason I should watch it is because the last time I watched it years ago it just seemed as though all the 'clever' plot twists were nothing more than tacked on coincidences which weren't clever at all. So I should probably watch again because I must have missed something 

Indeed. It was only around the third time I watched it that it started to make sense, but that's probably more to do with alcohol.

12 Monkeys is great, and yes the TV version ain't bad either.

I'd forgotten that The Matrix was 1999. Of course it provided great consolation when The Phantom Menace turned out to be absolute gash!

Minority Report is pretty good I'll grant you, as most PKD adaptations seem to be, with the obvious exception of Paycheck - proving that even a PKD story can't save a movie with Ben Affleck starring.

If you haven't seen 'Moon' or 'Sunshine', you really ought to, they're both genuinely terrific. Sunshine's the most tense film I've ever seen apart from maybe Crimson Tide.

If you haven't seen 'Moon' or 'Sunshine', you really ought to, they're both genuinely terrific. Sunshine's the most tense film I've ever seen apart from maybe Crimson Tide.

Thanks. I'll give them both a go, although seeing as the central plot of 'Sunshine' seems to be a rather large helping of 'bad science', that one might be harder to take. 

Thanks. I'll give them both a go, although seeing as the central plot of 'Sunshine' seems to be a rather large helping of 'bad science', that one might be harder to take. 

On the bright side, you can put the audio commentary track on and listen to Prof Brian Cox rip the science apart. He was the science advisor for the movie, but clearly they didn't listen to him all the time! :lol:

I have watched a lot of sci fi films,and still have to say Blade Runner best I have seen.Just a sci fi masterpiece imo.

Marvellous film.

A few less-than-obvious ones I like for different reasons are Dune (pure corny nonsense which spawned 1000 video games)), Total Recall (the original Arnie one - "Now, this is the plan. Get your ass to Mars"), Solaris (The 1972 version which is simply brilliant), Silent Running (for the droids, Huey, Louie and Dewey, plus the haunting Joan Baez soundtrack), Doppelganger (1969, released for the thick American market (present company excepted, AR) as "Journey to the Far Side of the Sun", written by Silvia and Gerry Anderson) and, of course, 2001 A Space Odyssey (to be watched on acid, preferably)

Edited by eddie