Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Anyway

Insurgent 7/10 Not quite as good as the first.

Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue 7/10 Better than it sounds. A great zombie flick from the 70's With some scenes set in Derbyshire.Like Dovedale(the stepping stones play a part) Castleton and Hathersage.

Layer Cake 7/10 Good British film.

Jurassic World - 6/10

Was comparing it to the original, (rightly or wrongly) didn't come close. Far too cheesy for me.

Just made me want to buy a Mercedes, have a bottle of coca-cola, and go shopping in Pandora..

Edited by jmuss88

Jurassic World - 6/10

Was comparing it to the original, (rightly or wrongly) didn't come close. Far too cheesy for me.

Just made me want to buy a Mercedes, have a bottle of coca-cola, and go shopping in Pandora..

I know what you mean.

My take on it was it was a "game of two halves"

First half was cliche, cheesy lines, throwbacks to JP and product placement thrown at you every scene. They also set up the small plot - new dino, big and vicious, oh no... etc etc

Second half kind of became a tense thriller, with action and good dino scenes. I think it saved the film. Overall, 7/10 for me, as I enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ant-Man: 7/10

Could have been great, ended up being good. Shame Edgar Wright didn't get a proper a stab at it, an absolutely brilliant film-maker who Marvel probably should have worked harder to keep on despite their failings out.

American Werewolf in London: 9/10

Only just seen it for the first time, really enjoyed it from start to finish.

Inside out 7/10.

Unfriend 6/10 decent horror.. Not really a horror thoe IMO one time watch.

Ted 2 7/10 not as good as the 1st a few laughs.

Jurassic Park World 6/10 again 1st much better lost my attention a lot. Was good to see the bloke from Daredevil in there seems to be in a lot of programs/films now.

Mad Max: Fury Road 10/10. Best action film in recent memory.

Beforehand I was a bit meh, but I soon got sucked in and thoroughly enjoyed it. Set a high pace at the beginning and supprisingly managed to maintain it throughout.

Beforehand I was a bit meh, but I soon got sucked in and thoroughly enjoyed it. Set a high pace at the beginning and supprisingly managed to maintain it throughout.

Totally agree my missus was raging when I put it on (Wanted a romance / horror) like usual she ends up liking it (Was rated really high on ratings so thought it was good lived up to expectations!).

I'd rate it 9.5/10 easy.

Ex Machina - 7.5 / 10

Enjoyed this, different storyline to the norm, acting was solid and I was gripped for the majority, at times lost interest, some scenes seemed unnecessary or a few minutes too long, but other than that a solid film.

Scum (1979)

British prison release about a juvenile detention center that features a young Ray Winstone (and other subsequently recognized names) that caused a stir back in the day and even now has the ability to cause a certain level of offense.

Not an easy watch, but puts forward a strong message all the same i.e. there isn't all that much difference between the inmates and the staff that watch over them.     Humor is few and far between, but when it arrives, it adds some much needed light relief to the other "unsavory" moments.

9/10

• 2 weeks later...