Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Pompeii

Some people do some stuff & then a volcano erupts. Who'd have thought it?!

Very "Meh" film. If you've seen any of the Rome/Blood & Sand gladiator type TV series, then you've seen all of the non-volcano related storylines before. Post eruption, it turns to familiar disaster movie cliches and some dodgy green screen acting/reacting.

5/10 & being generous with that.

The Hooligan Factory - UNhilarious spoof. Mashup of Football Factory, Green Street and The Firm (remake). Totally ridiculous. SOOOOO bad that you all MUST watch it. 3/10

​II tried but just couldn't.

If I somehow could've finished it, it would've maked to the "worst movies you have watched til the end"-thread. (Or whatever the name was..)

New Avengers film 7.5/10 Good film, 3D was a bit off tbh but a good film non the less

​I'd agree with the score. Saw it in 2D last night.

I think I prefer the first film. This one had too much robots just hitting each other and throwing each other through buildings etc & git a little bit tiring. Some good humour in there again.

Dog Soldiers 7/10 - A group of soldiers on a routine training exercise stumbled find themselves trapped in the Scottish Highlands during a full moon.  Trouble ensues.  Some dodgy dialogue and dated effects but overall a decent British creature feature.

Severence 6/10 - Danny Dyer stars as a drug taking employee of a weapons manufacturing company on a weekend retreat to a woodland mansion in Eastern Europe.  People start dying.  Danny Dyer does Danny Dyer.

Le Donk & Scor-Zay-Zee 6/10 - Shane Meadows directs. Paddy Considine stars as Le Donk, a washed up roadie with delusions of grandeur trying to help Midlands rapper, Scor-Zay-Zee, establish a music career.  Not the greatest film by Meadows but a decent watch non-the-less.

Observe & Report 6/10 - Seth Rogan is a mall cop with lofty ambitions to be a police officer.  Not his best effort.

The Football Factory (2004)

Nauseating Brit soccer story that while tries to offer as many profanities as possible, offers very little (or none) actual 'football'

Could not comprehend most of the dialog, the characters were largely forgettable, and whatever morale it was trying to tell was lost by the very end.    A tough viewing in more ways than one.

There are better efforts than this crap out there, try The Firm with British star Gary Oldman or Green Street Hooligans if you want a better or more realistic portrayal of English 'football' hooligan elements.

2 / 10

Lucy

Scarlett Johansson accidentally takes a drug which gradually increases her cognitive abilities from the standard 10% of brain capacity for us normal folk and develops "abilities", whilst being pursued by asian drug dealers .  Morgan Freeman explains all the science stuff along the way.

An enjoyable switch-off-your-brain type romp. Don't take it seriously and you'll like it I reckon.

7/10

Mad Max - Fury Road     9.8/10  It was an incredible film, effects weren't unrealistic and was visually engaging. couldn't hear what was being said though but with Tom "Merely born in the dark" Hardy what can you expect.

Pulp Fiction - 9/10  I love Tarantino films and this was just another one to add to the pile. Great actors and well writen

Gone Girl

Ben Affleck & Rosamund Pike in a thriller about a man caught up in a media frenzy when his wife goes missing on their 5th wedding anniversary. Story told partly in flashback.

Won't give away any twists but a cracking film & Pike in particular gives a fantastic performance. Well worth a watch.

9/10