Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

The Avengers

10/10 for special effects

0/10 for anything else

Amazingly, this film is ranked on IMDB as being in the top 100 films of all time.

A Most Violent Year 8/10

The owner of a fuel business is having his fuel trucks stolen and he doesn't know who's behind it. Meanwhile he's trying to clean his corrupt business up. Has a classic 70's Hollywood feel to it although it's set in 1981. Lead Oscar Isaac has a wild eyed stare and there were moments I could have sworn he had turned into a young Al Pacino. Bodes well for "best friggin' pilot in the galaxy" Poe Dameron in the upcoming Star Wars film. 

Oldboy 2/10

The worst film I've seen in a long time, Josh Brolin spends the whole film grimacing at just how bad the film is, even Samuel L Jackson looks embarrassed to be taking part.

Should have known better, recommended by a collegue whose review of Life of Pi was "It's crap, he doesn't even make friends with the Tiger". 

Oldboy 2/10

The worst film I've seen in a long time, Josh Brolin spends the whole film grimacing at just how bad the film is, even Samuel L Jackson looks embarrassed to be taking part.

Should have known better, recommended by a collegue whose review of Life of Pi was "It's crap, he doesn't even make friends with the Tiger". 

​you need to watch the orginal Korean version, and make sure it's the subtitled version and not the dubbed version. It's much better and the plot is different and better.

Watched 2 today, god I hate it when footys not on.

American Hustle, nicely shot, some good performances but nowhere near as clever and stylish as it thinks, last 20 minutes were good, but didn't make up for the preceding 2 hours 3/10.

The Lion King, inventive, great songs, lovely hand drawn animation, easily amongst the greatest Disney animations of all time, 9/10.

Watched 2 today, god I hate it when footys not on.

American Hustle, nicely shot, some good performances but nowhere near as clever and stylish as it thinks, last 20 minutes were good, but didn't make up for the preceding 2 hours 3/10.

The Lion King, inventive, great songs, lovely hand drawn animation, easily amongst the greatest Disney animations of all time, 9/10.

One of my favourite Disney animations because it's about revenge and not that soppy love stuff

Old boy, on sky movies at the moment.

An interesting film to say the least, and an unexpected twist at the end that I did not see coming. 

Foxcatcher, where do I start, I turned it off after an hour as it was only half way through and was  so boring. 

An interesting film to say the least, and an unexpected twist at the end that I did not see coming. 

Foxcatcher, where do I start, I turned it off after an hour as it was only half way through and was  so boring. 

​Steve Carell and Mark Ruffalo's performances in this were brilliant, utterly brilliant. What sort of film were you expecting? It was a biographical movie based on a chilling crime. 

I personally thought it was good, but then again I wasn't expecting it to be anything other than a drama.

Likewise with Mad Max, so many came out the movie saying it was awful. If they had watched the original, then they would have known what type of move it was.

Interstellar another one. I think it's an amazing movie, but then again I'm fascinated by the science of it all not the explosions and special effects.

The last movie I saw was San Andreas. Why oh why do movie makers persist on creating such unrealistic characters. They had a great idea, the visuals were brilliant but the Rock's character and all the near-death but escape at the last moment scenes were ridiculous.

If you haven't seen it, the Rock is a fireman who can fly a helicoptor, fly a plane, hijack and wire-star a car, ride a speed boat over a tsunami, locate the whereabouts of his daughter with his brilliant mind, be an awesome swimmer and perform doctor-like CPR at the end. This is a fireman we're talking about, not Superman!

​was it the American version? Or the infinitely better Korean version?

​Steve Carell and Mark Ruffalo's performances in this were brilliant, utterly brilliant. What sort of film were you expecting? It was a biographical movie based on a chilling crime. 

I personally thought it was good, but then again I wasn't expecting it to be anything other than a drama.

Likewise with Mad Max, so many came out the movie saying it was awful. If they had watched the original, then they would have known what type of move it was.

Interstellar another one. I think it's an amazing movie, but then again I'm fascinated by the science of it all not the explosions and special effects.

The last movie I saw was San Andreas. Why oh why do movie makers persist on creating such unrealistic characters. They had a great idea, the visuals were brilliant but the Rock's character and all the near-death but escape at the last moment scenes were ridiculous.

If you haven't seen it, the Rock is a fireman who can fly a helicoptor, fly a plane, hijack and wire-star a car, ride a speed boat over a tsunami, locate the whereabouts of his daughter with his brilliant mind, be an awesome swimmer and perform doctor-like CPR at the end. This is a fireman we're talking about, not Superman!

I was expecting something to happen within the first hour, it didn't.  Not my sort of film I'm afraid, but then I didn't like war horse either.  

Mad max, I enjoyed the first and will know doubt enjoy the new one, but having said that, one of my favourite films is mighty ducks, so my judgment is probably not the best.

I recently watched two films recently about American football based on true stories, draft day I think the name of one, and the other about a winning streak, I enjoyed them both despite not having an interest in the American sport, but probably stretched from what really happened.  However both kept me entertained throughout the films, the Foxcatcher just didn't, it is very, very rare I turn a film off, this though just seemed to be going nowhere.

​was it the American version? Or the infinitely better Korean version?

There are two versions, who would want to inflict such punishment of people :-)

american I guess if that was the recent one ?

There are two versions, who would want to inflict such punishment of people :-)

american I guess if that was the recent one ?

​well the Korean version, from a few years earlier, was dubbed, and a much deeper plot.