Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

I was expecting something to happen within the first hour, it didn't.  Not my sort of film I'm afraid, but then I didn't like war horse either.  

Mad max, I enjoyed the first and will know doubt enjoy the new one, but having said that, one of my favourite films is mighty ducks, so my judgment is probably not the best.

I recently watched two films recently about American football based on true stories, draft day I think the name of one, and the other about a winning streak, I enjoyed them both despite not having an interest in the American sport, but probably stretched from what really happened.  However both kept me entertained throughout the films, the Foxcatcher just didn't, it is very, very rare I turn a film off, this though just seemed to be going nowhere.

​Don't get me wrong buddy, I wouldn't watch Foxcatcher again as it's just one of those moves - good to watch to understand the story behind it all but not again.

12 years a slave is another brilliant film, but there is no way I'd watch it again.

If you enjoyed the first Mad Max, you'll love the second. A few of my mates came out saying it was rubbish because they never understood what it was about.

I thought it was a decent remark of the original, likewise with the Planet of the Apes movies.

Also seen both of those American Sports movies - both are decent! Have you ever seen The Blind Side? It's a masterpiece of a sports-based movie, my favourite out there.

The Kingsmen 8/10  it's good fun and doesn't take itself serious

​Totally agree! Didn't expect what I had seen good for most people to watch good to have a chavvy person sometimes as the lead rle bit like Adulthood worked really well..

Interstellar.

Mixed reviews on here for this film previously but I loved it. Typical Christopher Nolan film which forces the audience to try and keep up with it and think a lot along the way, just like Inception. A film more about love and loss than about space & special effects. Very good indeed. 9/10.

Interstellar.

Mixed reviews on here for this film previously but I loved it. Typical Christopher Nolan film which forces the audience to try and keep up with it and think a lot along the way, just like Inception. A film more about love and loss than about space & special effects. Very good indeed. 9/10.

​I think Nolan's greatest strength as a director is that he never leaves you behind. Hos films don't force feed you everything, but unlike so many films that try to be too clever and fail, his have this way of dragging you along, so you always feel like you know 70% of whats happening, enough to enjoy but knowing theres something you've missed that you'll catch the next time.

Not seen Interstellar yet, heard same mixed reviews. However, with a lot of his other films, I'm sure this holds true

The equalizer - not bad, not great 6.5/10.

Felt like lots had been edited out, at the expense of a too long intro before it got started. If you're a dumb action film, don't spend the 1st half hour pretending you're not, get straight on with the creative killing fgs.

San Andreas 7/10

We thoroughly enjoyed this. Yes you can predict exactly what's going to happen (and we did down to the last detail) and you've seen it all before but, it's a real edge of your seat disaster movie. It's not going to win an Oscar (though maybe in for a shout for special effects) but disengage your brain and go with the ride and you'll love it.

And yes , it's daft that  the Rock can do all that stuff, but hey, it's the movies.

Sith Happens

Finally caved in and watched 50 Shades of Grey with the other half....Fifty shades of i want my saturday night back....0/10 shocking.

Watched Child 44 last night. As per usual nowhere near as good as the book with a couple of important of plot lines missed out in the edit which causes some confusion.

It was well acted though and still captures the claustrophobic paranoia of Stalinist Russia.    

United Passions

My curiosity got the better of me so I watched it online. It's not actually the worst film I've ever seen (Shark in Venice will take some beating on that score) but it is truly as bad as the reviews say. Self-aggrandising on an epic scale. The acting is not actually bad but the lines they say are excruciating.

Havelange as the patriarch of a 'family' and Blatter as a corruption-buster stretch the boundaries of credibility.

And it's not even funny bad.

American Sniper 5/10.

I just didn't get what it wanted to be, not really a war film and not a good study of the effects of war on the participants.

Maybe one for jingoistic Americans rather than the world at large.

At certain parts couldn't help but sing 'America, **** yeah!', which isn't a good sign.

Edited by reveldevil

Wolf of Wall Street - 9/10: superb film.

Jurassic World - 7/10: you know what you are going to get in terms of the film. Quality in IMAX, can imagine it being poor without.

Edited by whitefieldram