Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Saw 'Dunkirk' with my partner yesterday. I can only second what has already been said. It's a masterpiece. Certainly the best war film I've seen. Not an 'action' film as such. Don't go expecting standard 'Hollywood Blockbuster' stereotyping. It's a brilliant study in tension and suspense from start to finish. We all know how it ends, it's the getting there that matters and Christopher Nolan does it justice. 

I'm not one for going over the top emotionally at films but I had a lump in my throat on a couple of occasions. The ending is very poignant. My other half went to the ladies room to cry when we came out. 

10/10

"Come And See"  One of the best world war 2 movies i have seen.  Excruciating at times to watch, super realism, mouth gaping scenes, a horrific journey into the surreal landscape and madness of war as seen through the eyes of a Belarusian boy. 

Bad Moms:

Mostly female cast & irreverent comedy along the lines of Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect about american high school moms and the pressure to be competitive and perfect.

Not as good as either of those films quoted but passed the 6 laugh test for a comedy film & was an amusing couple of hours. Plus I haven't seen Christina Applegate for donkeys years. I had such a crush on her from "Married with children" back in the day. Still would.

6/10

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

You gave the man an angry face reaction. You're sending mixed messages Bob

@reveldevil doesn't know if he's pulled or going home alone. 

I'm a tease, I like to keep you all guessing

Baby Driver: 4/5

Really quite good, maybe not as amazing as some reviews have made it out to be. Think the fact it's an Edgar Wright film means it gets the benefit of the doubt from a lot of people but that's for good reason; he has started made a film that wasn't anything less than above average yet.

Car chases are the best I've very seen, very grounded and technical while still being fun and outrageous. Some of the side characters and conversation are Tarantino level good.

I was pretty late to the game, not sure if there's many more showings of it left.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Baby Driver: 4/5

Really quite good, maybe not as amazing as some reviews have made it out to be. Think the fact it's an Edgar Wright film means it gets the benefit of the doubt from a lot of people but that's for good reason; he has started made a film that wasn't anything less than above average yet.

Car chases are the best I've very seen, very grounded and technical while still being fun and outrageous. Some of the side characters and conversation are Tarantino level good.

I was pretty late to the game, not sure if there's many more showings of it left.

As I said with this one. First half brilliant, second half awful. I really loved it right from the start. I agree with everything you say. But...... From the moment they go to buy the guns, it's downhill all the way. If I'd have known it was going that way, I'd have walked out. Maybe I'll give it another go on the small screen. I came out wondering how someone could make a film so good, turn so bad. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

War of the Planet of the Apes...ok, 5 13 year old girls in the row behind wouldn't stop talking so had to get up and tell them to shut up which didn't help. First Planet of the Apes film I have seen. 7/10.

War is good but I thought the previous 2 were better. (Dawn and Rise)

Despicable Me 3.

7/10. It's not Bugs Life or Toy Story level. But it does have a brilliant bad guy.

Minions are one of those less is more thing. 

For anyone who says this is for grown ups thread I've already seen Fast and The Furious mentioned. Despicable Me is more realistic