Matches suspended

atherstoneram

47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Probably so - they could slightly change the rules but it would be fun to watch them pick up thief own balls ? 

I mean it would be very unfair on some players especially the older ones who rely on quick points to win matches

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I tend to think most traveling supporters (to say the world cup in Qatar)and holiday makers would be inclined to want to know 

how good is the local health service?

how many ventilators are there?

are you actually insured for covid 19 from now on if you travel ( probably not) 

I would imagine since Qatar is a very rich gulf country with one of the highest per capita incomes in the world the local health service is pretty good. 

11 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I would imagine since Qatar is a very rich gulf country with one of the highest per capita incomes in the world the local health service is pretty good. 

It may well have but at a price,it's not free same as here at home and i am sure insurance policies would be amended so that Covid-19 cover is not available. Experts are now saying after this wave has been contained another wave will start. Would Qatar want visitors from all over the globe anyway?

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

It may well have but at a price,it's not free same as here at home and i am sure insurance policies would be amended so that Covid-19 cover is not available. Experts are now saying after this wave has been contained another wave will start. Would Qatar want visitors from all over the globe anyway?

Well no at least it's not free if you're not a Qatari citizen just like if i got ill in Spain i don't believe it would be covered at the moment without insurance either. Yes Qatar actually would, getting the world cup is a massive soft power boost for them which is why they tried to get it in the first place. It's why they QSI own PSG and sponsored Barecelona. 

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I haven't travelled abroad in several years so I'm not exactly sure since brexit what the deal is with healthcare in europe now.. i know we used to be part of a generalised health insurance scheme but i presume that we no longer are?

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I haven't travelled abroad in several years so I'm not exactly sure since brexit what the deal is with healthcare in europe now.. i know we used to be part of a generalised health insurance scheme but i presume that we no longer are?

Last I heard, a couple of months ago, the continued use and acceptance of our EHIC (formerly E111) card was part of the ongoing negotiations.  I've no idea whether that has been agreed or otherwise., at this stage?
Always best to ensure you have full health cover by other means though, imo.

EDIT (After a very quick Google):

If you go on holiday in 2020, you will still be able to use your EHIC.

What happens in 2021 and beyond will be decided in negotiations on the future relationship between the UK an the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44850972

On 28/03/2020 at 08:46, Eatonram said:

I cant see a realistic option other than null and void season. Players cannot just "resume" in 6 weeks or whatever period elapses. Fitness levels will inevitably drop, a proportion of players may get the virus and need some recuperation. These are assets worth up to £80-100 million in the EPL, not sur any clubs will want to risk this. What if there are no games (possible) till say July? Wll they need several weeks of "pre-season" . If the season resumes that late how will it affect next season and then Euros 2021?

I reluctantly agree with Birdy, I just cannot see how this will get sorted in the time frames available. The only question which could legitimately be asked is do Liverpool get the trophy anyway by virtue of the massive gap??

OK, so many ideas floating about.

How about each club nominating  players to represent them and playing remaining games on FIFA 20 online?

?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Last I heard, a couple of months ago, the continued use and acceptance of our EHIC (formerly E111) card was part of the ongoing negotiations.  I've no idea whether that has been agreed or otherwise., at this stage?
Always best to ensure you have full health cover by other means though, imo.

EDIT (After a very quick Google):

If you go on holiday in 2020, you will still be able to use your EHIC.

What happens in 2021 and beyond will be decided in negotiations on the future relationship between the UK an the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44850972

ahh that's good then ? 

Looks like Dazn are starting to pull rights  payments to stay afloat, I imagine the same will start happening with other broadcasters, sponsors who haven’t paid in advance and those lining stuff up for next season will be very hesitant.

The financial pressure on the leagues and clubs is going to be huge!

13 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

The problem with insurance is setting the price. This is a true tail risk for insurers as what you have happening is a medical crisis that has given rise to a financial crisis that could easily be in the process of turning into an economic crisis.

You basically price an insurance product on an expected claims plus profit margin plus expense allowance basis. With a few second order effects such as cost of holding risk capital. 

But when a virus is so indiscriminate......and the insurance industry as so little data, everyone will be treated as equally risky and with such a virulent disease the estimated claims could be astronomical. So will the premiums be and insurance unaffordable. 

12 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Belgium league just been cancelled. Could be the start of many. UEFA going to accept standing when league was cancelled for places in next seasons competitions

I don't see how they could cancel the season and award teams prizes based on current positions, there is just under a quarter of the season left and 27 points to play for.  What about the games people have paid for to watch, do we get refunds from the EFL/Premier League?

Clearly this shouldn't be about money, but they make that decision then it purely is about money! 

There are 2 viable options imo;

1) Write the season off and start again next year, we all accept this is an unprecedented situation, we are all in this together and we all start again next year

2) pause the season as it is and do a full season next year and add it onto the current table, using the carabao cup time to catch up on the 9 games missed, the season next year ends after everyone has played 4 times.  Liverpool shouldn't miss out, the fans won't miss out.

The decision made in this country needs to be made with the fans in mind, not just Liverpools.

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

Belgium league just been cancelled. Could be the start of many. UEFA going to accept standing when league was cancelled for places in next seasons competitions

The situation is a little different in Belgium. They only had one game of the regular season remaining and Bruges are 15 points clear. Although they do normally seem to have playoffs to decide the final positions.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

The situation is a little different in Belgium. They only had one game of the regular season remaining and Bruges are 15 points clear. Although they do normally seem to have playoffs to decide the final positions.

Very good point, I didnt realise that about the 1 game left.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I just heard some reastrions could be lifted please lift them so football can continue I can go back support the lads.

Sorry mate but there is not a chance in hell of that happening. I'm not being harsh when I say this, as I miss the football too, however a moment of clarity is needed for you in regards to this as hundreds of people are dying every day and will continue to do so every day for the foreseeable future.

The football is not going to start again and restrictions are not going to be lifted, short term and possibly medium to long term. Sorry mate, but it needs to be said.

Stay safe.

Rob

Archived