Matches suspended

atherstoneram

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just my opinion

The season cannot be played behind closed doors, you would need security manning gates, doctors incase players get sick, 2 metre rules as set out by the government etc, it just isn't possible and damn right selfish if this was even considered given what is happening in the world...club physios/doctors etc would be  better spent volunteering for the NHS.

I disagree, I think all sport will be fazed in by being held behind closed doors and televised. Bearing in mind, this will happen not now whilst the figures are still increasing, but in a few weeks time, when hopefully, the figures will be decreasing. The season could be finished in a few weeks and the players and staff could be isolated as in a World Cup training camp. 

As time goes by, testing will become more common and it'll be possible to monitor the relatively few people required on a match day behind closed doors compared with 30,000 supporters and a full match day staff. 

Sports such as, football, cricket, rugby, horse racing, golf etc could all go ahead relatively easily, allowing for money to start flowing through TV, sponsorship and betting. Generally speaking, the attendance on the day makes up a small proportion of the income. 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I disagree, I think all sport will be fazed in by being held behind closed doors and televised. Bearing in mind, this will happen not now whilst the figures are still increasing, but in a few weeks time, when hopefully, the figures will be decreasing. The season could be finished in a few weeks and the players and staff could be isolated as in a World Cup training camp. 

As time goes by, testing will become more common and it'll be possible to monitor the relatively few people required on a match day behind closed doors compared with 30,000 supporters and a full match day staff. 

Sports such as, football, cricket, rugby, horse racing, golf etc could all go ahead relatively easily, allowing for money to start flowing through TV, sponsorship and betting. Generally speaking, the attendance on the day makes up a small proportion of the income. 

And when a player gets tested positive, then what? The FA won't risk the life of a Footballer so they can finish the season quicker. 

25 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think this misses one vital point. To hold a football game you will have to have a medical team present and an ambulance. The health service is that stretched at the moment it would be abhorrent to divert such scarce resources to allow a football game to take place 

19 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

I think this misses one vital point. To hold a football game you will have to have a medical team present and an ambulance. The health service is that stretched at the moment it would be abhorrent to divert such scarce resources to allow a football game to take place 

Plus.

We have players that leave the field if Blood is released through a cut or a nose bleed, Are players going to be given the all clear when at the ground? at training?, A player that scores are they allowed to hug/kiss/shake hands with fellow team members, What happens if a player coughs when on the pitch.

On 28/03/2020 at 12:18, Tamworthram said:

Looks like, judging by the following joint statement issued by the Premier League, EFL and PFA they achieved a lot in yesterday's meeting:

The Premier League, EFL and PFA met today and discussed the growing seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic.

It was stressed that the thoughts of all three organisations continue to be with everyone affected by the virus.

The Premier League, EFL and PFA agreed that difficult decisions will have to be taken in order to mitigate the economic impact of the current suspension of professional football in England and agreed to work together to arrive at shared solutions.

The leagues will not recommence until 30 April at the earliest. They will only do so when it is safe and conditions allow.

Further meetings will take place next week with a view to formulating a joint plan to deal with the difficult circumstances facing the leagues, their clubs, players, staff and fans.

Definitely a worthwhile meeting then.

In other news, bears are not concerned about the current toilet roll shortage.

Sounds like my company "on receipt of the report from the sub-committee and after full deliberation the committee agreed that something had to be done"......

There is no chance of this season continuing up to and past June for many reasons with the main one being that it’s just not safe for anyone - supporters - staff - players etc - all medical staff should be used elsewhere as well not at hundreds of football matches taking place.

the issue of contracts is a big one as well and from our point of view do you think the club is going to extend contracts of players they don’t want or have too for example Anya, Huddlestone etc not to mention sponsors deals ending etc 

Its disappointing for teams who are in good positions but the only decision is to cancel this season completely and as for European football next season we’ll that would be incredibly difficult to take place so cancel that.

the decisions would normally have been made by the next couple of weeks and the only thing holding that up will be greed of the top clubs and the issues of the broadcasters not paying up in full, the clubs will just have suck it up because it’s not the most important thing happening in the next four months.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

the issue of contracts is a big one as well and from our point of view do you think the club is going to extend contracts of players they don’t want or have too for example Anya, Huddlestone etc not to mention sponsors deals ending etc 

It depends if the transfer market will be opened as usual on 30/06. If not then clubs will surely be forced to do something for those out of contract if they don't have the chance to move on.

Listening to that latest briefing, there is a very good chance these restrictions could last for 6 months, on and off, which takes us until September, then we have to get back to normality and start a pre-season.

I read a health report carried out on behalf of the government last month (that clearly the government are using to make decisions), the report suggested that the way to tackle this pandemic is to lockdown for a couple of weeks and relax for a week or two and then rinse and repeat until a vaccine is found, which could be up to 18 months. 

I would love for this season to be completed as we are only 5 points off playoffs, but i just cant see how it's going to be possible.

Football needs to unite and focus on protecting the future of all clubs.

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

I think you need read what I've said. I'm looking into the future, when new cases are much reduced and deaths are down to minimal numbers. There will be a time when restrictions will be relaxed and we can go back to work after taking precautions and after been tested. But the last thing to be permitted again, will be mass gatherings in a confined space, sports grounds, cinemas, pubs etc. 

At this time the NHS will be getting back to normal, the emergency hospitals will no longer be required, retired staff will no longer need to help, etc. 

One thing I can guarantee is that, the government is not going to declare the outbreak is beaten on 1 particular day and on that day we will go from lock down to normal life, it'll be done in stages. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I think you need read what I've said. I'm looking into the future, when new cases are much reduced and deaths are down to minimal numbers. There will be a time when restrictions will be relaxed and we can go back to work after taking precautions and after been tested. But the last thing to be permitted again, will be mass gatherings in a confined space, sports grounds, cinemas, pubs etc. 

At this time the NHS will be getting back to normal, the emergency hospitals will no longer be required, retired staff will no longer need to help, etc. 

One thing I can guarantee is that, the government is not going to declare the outbreak is beaten on 1 particular day and on that day we will go from lock down to normal life, it'll be done in stages. 

It will be done in stages. The assistant CMO suggested today, it will be 6 months ( on and off) till restrictions are properly lifted. The NHS may be coping atm but we will be losing capacity not due to beds but loss of staff, illness and fatigue will take its toll. It’s true during this 6 months some people will be returning to work. This is fine as long as you don’t need medics to go with you. There is zero chance the NHS will be back to normal anytime soon. The quicker the season is ended the better

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

When do you see this future happening? 30th April? end of May? I can’t see it mate. 
It will be non PC, insensitive and pretty reckless even playing behind closed doors.

By the way do you live in Normanton? Did you have a karaoke last night?

I dont mean to be rude or dismissive of peoples opion but i seriously doubt we will be watching live football again in the uk for the next 6 months. (unless a miracle vacinne is produced)

i think you are being seriously misled by the government into the seriousness of the situation.

I have been a Spanish resident for several years and am watching both governments handling of the situation.

the spanish government is almost draconion in comparision to the uk.

no leaving the house at all other than supermarket or farmacia.  (must have receipt or prescription)

only one person in a car. unless accompioning non driver to doctors appointment.

documents and address are checked to ensure u are going to a supermarket etc nearest home address.

on the spot 600 euros fine (court appearance and possible imprisionment for repeat offenders

after more than 2 weeks lockdown which is now extended for another 2 weeks the number of cases continues to rise , although now the rate of increase is levelling out.

it is expected that the pattern in the uk will follow that of italy spain and now france and uk will proabably have 40k+ cases by this time next week. (hope i am wrong)

the uk government is still messing about and asking for the cooperation of the population. never going to work.

uk had a great chance to take action 2 weeks ago and failed.  it was the time for a strong leader but unfortunately u had Boris.

53 minutes ago, kong said:

I dont mean to be rude or dismissive of peoples opion but i seriously doubt we will be watching live football again in the uk for the next 6 months. (unless a miracle vacinne is produced)

i think you are being seriously misled by the government into the seriousness of the situation.

I have been a Spanish resident for several years and am watching both governments handling of the situation.

the spanish government is almost draconion in comparision to the uk.

no leaving the house at all other than supermarket or farmacia.  (must have receipt or prescription)

only one person in a car. unless accompioning non driver to doctors appointment.

documents and address are checked to ensure u are going to a supermarket etc nearest home address.

on the spot 600 euros fine (court appearance and possible imprisionment for repeat offenders

after more than 2 weeks lockdown which is now extended for another 2 weeks the number of cases continues to rise , although now the rate of increase is levelling out.

it is expected that the pattern in the uk will follow that of italy spain and now france and uk will proabably have 40k+ cases by this time next week. (hope i am wrong)

the uk government is still messing about and asking for the cooperation of the population. never going to work.

uk had a great chance to take action 2 weeks ago and failed.  it was the time for a strong leader but unfortunately u had Boris.

You seem very ignorant of the way we are trying to handle the outbreak. We are trying to make the outbreak longer but less severe. Where as Spain and Italy will have a shorter but more severe spike. Your health service, nor the Italian one could cope thus the horrific death toll. Ours will get worse obviously. But if we can keep it at a level our NHS can just about cope with, then our doctors won’t have to choose which patients to treat and which to let die like yours are continuously having to do

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

When do you see this future happening? 30th April? end of May? I can’t see it mate. 
It will be non PC, insensitive and pretty reckless even playing behind closed doors.

By the way do you live in Normanton? Did you have a karaoke last night?

Football will start again at some date, maybe 6 months or longer, but the money men will dictate that matches will be played ASAP, even if it has to start behind closed doors and at the start of a new season. 

As for being reckless, maybe you should have listened to the medical officer today, who backed up the staged return to normal. 

I don't think I'm the one who's hare brained. 

but how do you propose to make the outbreak longer but less severe? That is also the intention of the spanish government, hence the complete lockdown  

i would be reasonably certain that within the next couple of weeks the uk will follow the chinese italian and spanish by having complete lockdown. I just thing a great oppotunity was missed by not taking action as soon as it was obvious what was happening in other countries

i peronally think the situation will be worse in the uk because there is little distance between towns and cities.  the majority of spains cases are in two areas; madrid and areas around barcelona. there are long distances between large cities and it is comparitivly easy to isolate these areas. how do you isolate birmingham form dudley, walsal, w. brom, wolverhampton etc etc

anyway very worrying times whereever we are and i dont think football will be on the agenda for a long time

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Football will start again at some date, maybe 6 months or longer, but the money men will dictate that matches will be played ASAP, even if it has to start behind closed doors and at the start of a new season. 

As for being reckless, maybe you should have listened to the medical officer today, who backed up the staged return to normal. 

I don't think I'm the one who's hare brained. 

I think we’re a long way off and the peer pressure won’t allow the money men to dictate. Postponing euro 2020 and the Olympics is a bigger deal than the EPL and EFL restarting. I think the money men and you will have to just suck it up.  

Archived