Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Try super glue on that

I know it’s a pleasant experience,  but i don't know if i'd want to be glued to the missus forever, imagine the two of us turning up at A&E stuck together in that way, be even funnier than when Adrian Mole had that 'Spitfire' stuck to his nose.. 

7 minutes ago, mozza said:

I know it’s a pleasant experience,  but i don't know if i'd want to be glued to the missus forever, imagine the two of us turning up at A&E stuck together in that way, be even funnier than when Adrian Mole had that 'Spitfire' stuck to his nose.. 

And the Doctor saying...wow what a coincidence, Only yesterday we had a Mr and Mrs TramRam in the exact same situation.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Try the old and trusted piece of string tied to the door knob method

Seriously... Be very careful if anyone tries this.
I did it once.  Tied it the wrong side though, and the door smacked me in the face.  Broke my duckin' dose!   

#staysafe

33 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Dutch league as just been void so Ajax are denied the title, I could be being a little simple here, but I would imagine you cant have 1 European division being void and then the Premier League naming Liverpool champions, so I think it's only a matter of time before the season is done with.

Belgian league have already named a champion. So I guess you can actually. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Dutch league as just been void so Ajax are denied the title, I could be being a little simple here, but I would imagine you cant have 1 European division being void and then the Premier League naming Liverpool champions, so I think it's only a matter of time before the season is done with.

I don’t think that’ll be the case. UEFA are still saying that seasons should be completed if at all possible. It’s only in exceptional circumstances that leagues are allowed to be cancelled at the moment. The restrictions on major sporting events until September 1st gave the Dutch no choice but to call their league off. There’s no such restrictions here. I think we’ll watch what happens with the Bundesliga carefully, and then follow their lead shortly after. The early/mid June restart proposed seems reasonable to me.

Is it just me or do others find it irritating that some people try to find any excuse to criticise?

I’ve foolishly entered into a Twitter conversation with someone called Ian Redfern (presumably a supporter) who is accusing the club of acting immorally and without ethics by still allowing people to buy season tickets given the uncertainty over next season. Seems unreasonable criticism to me given the deadline has been extended and the club are not trying to trick/con/force or even encourage ticket holders to renew. Maybe my view is wrong.

Archived