Matches suspended

atherstoneram

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Can you imagine a line on your CV where "Have had Coronoavirus" is one of your successes in life?

The other thing that worries me with this approach (Not saying its wrong) but a lot of people may want to catch it intentionally to get it out of the way.

Yep. I did say I’m not saying I’m in favour of it. I guess the logic, in the short term, is allowing people to go back to work now they’re “safe” rather than applying for a new job.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Can you imagine a line on your CV where "Have had Coronoavirus" is one of your successes in life?

The other thing that worries me with this approach (Not saying its wrong) but a lot of people may want to catch it intentionally to get it out of the way.

A bit of a gamble there, you deliberately get the virus and then be one of the unfortunate ones who die. 

I think I would wait for the vaccine. 

41 minutes ago, ram59 said:

A bit of a gamble there, you deliberately get the virus and then be one of the unfortunate ones who die. 

I think I would wait for the vaccine. 

Oh absolutely I want to wait. However, I can imagine a few, the younger one's, who will sadly be unemployed, taking a different stance.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Cheers Rick.

See what can be achieved when you take your head out of your own rectum and try to show a bit of compassion and caring, a lovely worded letter that lends me to believe that you are at least a little bit human.

Now, if you could go back to destroying football clubs and the dreams of thousands of paying fans, normality will be restored.

Total and utter ducking banker with a great big ducking pair of hairy rollocks hanging from his head.

14 hours ago, David said:

As much as I hope football does resume quickly, even seeing pictures of our players training would get me excited, if the EFL force players to return to training while the pandemic is still in full swing, I can see it ending badly.

Wayne Rooney has been vocal already on football players being treated like Guinea pigs, I can see players going on strike and I wouldnt blame them.

It would be very selfish for football to try and continue as though nothing is happening, all for money, if a player breaks their leg while playing, will the NHS be expected to treat them? As I've suggested before, all football clubs with a doctor/physio or anyone with a medical background could be better used volunteering to help the NHS if they chose to.

I've been monitoring case and death rates since the very beginning of the outbreak in China (or at least when we first knew about it), the number of deaths France, Italy and Spain are still experiencing each day, even after weeks of full lockdowns compared to our half hearted lockdown, suggests there is zero chance of our situation being resolved during May. France for example have been in full lockdown for many weeks now, only 1 person can leave home, no exercise, paperwork is needed to leave home, they had 1500 deaths alone on Wednesday.

It's nice to have a plan, but the plan needs to at least be realistic and I cannot see a ball being kicked for a considerable time yet!

What i dont understand is on the one hand we are told in the EFL unlike the PL match day revenue accounts for a lot of the turnover. Then we are told because of the risks, matches will be played behind closed doors so zero revenue i guess. We are in lockdown and will be for a few more weeks. We can't go anywhere to stop the spread and protect the NHS, all good. I'd love to go back to PP but Football isn't essential, so If there is a risk why should any football be played ? TV money i guess but for the EFL it isn't as much

I think it is crazy to even contemplate restarted football in any context in may.  I think the coronavirus situation in the UK will get much worse over the coming months.  the lockdown is half hearted.  how can it be expected that infections will decrease? they will only rise unless of course a vaccine is found. here in spain the lockdown is very draconion and enforced with heavy fines.

earlier in the week i saw on bbc news that 3200 people had been fined for breaking lockdown rules.  here in Spain 650,000 fines have been issued with fines from € 300 to € 2000+ for repeat offenders.

masks and gloves are being distributed free of charge to many ordinary citizens and even now taking into account the very strict lockdown rules do we see the situation being stabilized.

i dont like to say it because i have friends and relatives still in the uk but i can see the uk becoming possibly the worse affected country in europe  (with the possible exception of France; who are also very soft with their lockdown)

Who are the protagonists for the annoncement of this statement, Rick Parry/EFL, TV, Streaming Services, Chairman who, The reason I said Parrys statement was waffle is because there's nothing in it thats definate, The average punter surely knows this Virus is Deadly, To put Professional footballers playing behind closed doors and staff along with supporting personel is quite frankly Ludacrous.

Saying Mid May to start training/playing is for the Nut House?

The Government and it's advisors will determine when and how things can start back and not those who see £ signs before their eyes.

In usual times I work in my dental practice. The GDC are still suggesting it will be a minimum of 3 months before anything other than emergency treatment can be carried out. This is due to the inability to maintain a 2  metre space between patients and clinician. It would be ludicrous to allow footballers and support staff to breach this rule earlier than dentists or any other profession. Also myself and many, many colleagues have volunteered to be redeployed into the NHS whilst off normal duties. Not as dentists but filling roles using our medical and infection control knowledge to fill nursing and infection control positions. Therefore, if “proper” Doctor’s, nurses and paramedics are on duty at football matches whilst volunteers are staffing the front line. I would suggest “immortal” wouldn’t be a too strong a  word. We all miss football but it’s just a game. The FA should put society before money and call the season off. They can decide if it’s null and void or finish as we are. Obviously I would love Leeds, Forest and Liverpool to miss out. But will accept any decision as long as it’s equally applied over all leagues 

17 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

In usual times I work in my dental practice. The GDC are still suggesting it will be a minimum of 3 months before anything other than emergency treatment can be carried out. This is due to the inability to maintain a 2  metre space between patients and clinician

3 months?? ?

Is that 3 months from now or from the start of lockdown. Sat here with a temporary bridge, the lab where the permanent one went into lockdown maybe a week before my appointment so never got made. 

2 hours ago, David said:

3 months?? ?

Is that 3 months from now or from the start of lockdown. Sat here with a temporary bridge, the lab where the permanent one went into lockdown maybe a week before my appointment so never got made. 

I had a filling fall out 2 weeks ago today, I rang my dentist to book an appointment on Monday, I asked are you open for business, No sorry only here for advice, I told them that a filling had fallen out, The reply is, Is it giving you pain?...No, When you drink hot or cold water do you feel pain?...No, I replied that I have filled it with Den-Tek which is a crap temporary home filling, You've done the right thing she said, We're closed for 3 months, I've taken all your details and we'll ring again when we're advised we can open ?.

2 hours ago, David said:

3 months?? ?

3 months from beginning of lockdown but not sure it will end there. We have shipped out most of our PPE to hospitals, as have most practices. So depending on supplies may not be able to work anyway if it’s still so hard to obtain. Even if we are back in 3 months, it will be a backlog of pain cases that will get treated first, so you could be stuck with temporary bridge for a while yet I’m afraid 

20 hours ago, TramRam said:

I had a filling fall out 2 weeks ago today, I rang my dentist to book an appointment on Monday, I asked are you open for business, No sorry only here for advice, I told them that a filling had fallen out, The reply is, Is it giving you pain?...No, When you drink hot or cold water do you feel pain?...No, I replied that I have filled it with Den-Tek which is a crap temporary home filling, You've done the right thing she said, We're closed for 3 months, I've taken all your details and we'll ring again when we're advised we can open ?.

Same here, my filling has fallen out (again), only pain is sharp edge of tooth making inside of lip a bit sore, i can live with that till it's safe to have sorted.

5 minutes ago, mozza said:

Same here, my filling has fallen out (again), only pain is sharp edge of tooth making inside of lip a bit sore, i can live with that till it's safe to have sorted.

Amazing how my tongue keeps edging towards the said tooth, Tempoary filling holding up, Been in there now for a week after the other 2 attempts fell out, I've ordered a tube of tooth cement from ebay.

image.thumb.png.505152dde8a8c40407f7daaf3680157b.png

Hope you and your tooth stay safe ?

31 minutes ago, mozza said:

Ba5tard!  That's what you need... A Ba5tard file!

Get yersen one of these, open wide, and DIY it!  It does work (in desperate times!), and I speak from experience!

fir0324270t.jpg

I've got something similar in my shed if you want to borrow it... although be warned, it has been in my mouth, albeit years ago!  ?

53 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Amazing how my tongue keeps edging towards the said tooth, Tempoary filling holding up, Been in there now for a week after the other 2 attempts fell out, I've ordered a tube of tooth cement from ebay.

image.thumb.png.505152dde8a8c40407f7daaf3680157b.png

Hope you and your tooth stay safe ?

You sure that's not the stuff they use to fill the holes when you have your walls insulated?

Archived