Matches suspended

atherstoneram

1 hour ago, TramRam said:

It is generally accepted that nothing will get off the ground, however, until testing is more widespread.

Don't go partying just yet aye ?

That's what I said also. This will only happen at a time when the spread of the virus has reduced dramatically and when the NHS is well in control and when some restrictions have been lifted. 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Premier League and EFL need to use their common sense and declare the season null and void. We're more than likely to be in lock down until at least early-mid may and social distancing measures will be in place until at least late june/early august. That's a best case scenario according to those who know what they're on about and this really does rule out any chance of completing this season unless we want to start next season in the winter. 

32 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

The Premier League and EFL need to use their common sense and declare the season null and void. We're more than likely to be in lock down until at least early-mid may and social distancing measures will be in place until at least late june/early august. That's a best case scenario according to those who know what they're on about and this really does rule out any chance of completing this season unless we want to start next season in the winter. 

Just decide them all with a penalty shoot .  Plenty of distancing .  Get five players and a goalie to drive to relevant grounds in there own vehicles. Just don't let Waghorn have them . 

I actually suspect they may finalise this season with averaging of points per game over the season for final placing's and have a mini playoff tournament prior to the commencement of any future football.  Semi finals (just one match-not two legs) and final at neutral grounds- no wembley

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just decide them all with a penalty shoot .  Plenty of distancing .  Get five players and a goalie to drive to relevant grounds in there own vehicles. Just don't let Waghorn have them . 

I actually suspect they may finalise this season with averaging of points per game over the season for final placing's and have a mini playoff tournament prior to the commencement of any future football.  Semi finals (just one match-not two legs) and final at neutral grounds- no wembley

I just can't see them doing it because clubs will be furious if relegated on an average points basis. There are all sorts of arguments around fixtures/injuries etc they could deploy which would create endless arguments and problems. 

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I just can't see them doing it because clubs will be furious if relegated on an average points basis. There are all sorts of arguments around fixtures/injuries etc they could deploy which would create endless arguments and problems. 

Think there will be more arguments if they do nothing .  Take Villa - they are bang on for relegation .  If the season's scrapped, they get another 140 million next year and avoid a huge fine/ points deduction they are likely to get on relegation . Leeds amusing as it may be, will not go up and will get there bus fare home.  The only other way round it, would be too start next season with no transfer window and everyone in situ on the points they have now or finish the season when they can and shorten the next one to only one fixture against each team - randomly select 11 home/ 11 away and toss a coin for the 23rd game of the season home or away fixture.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think there will be more arguments if they do nothing .  Take Villa - they are bang on for relegation .  If the season's scrapped, they get another 140 million next year and avoid a huge fine/ points deduction they are likely to get on relegation . Leeds amusing as it may be, will not go up and will get there bus fare home.  The only other way round it, would be too start next season with no transfer window and everyone in situ on the points they have now or finish the season when they can and shorten the next one to only one fixture against each team - randomly select 11 home/ 11 away and toss a coin for the 23rd game of the season home or away fixture.

I think the only way they can do that is force players and clubs to extend contracts that are expiring.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think the only way they can do that is force players and clubs to extend contracts that are expiring.

Whilst not an expert on Contract/Employment law, this may be illegal and will require the agreement of every stakeholder. I can't see it as an "enforcement" For example take our new Dutch centre back come re-start he may not want to get injured playing for Groningen prior to starting his Derby career also Derby may not want him to either. If Uefa/Fifa/ Fa/Efl or whoever come in and say all contracts will be extended, these bodies are not the law of the land(s), so i don't see how if someone doesn't want a contract "adjusted" i can't see if an interested party objects how it can be.

It will end being like Bosman where EU law took precedence over Football law.

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Whilst not an expert on Contract/Employment law, this may be illegal and will require the agreement of every stakeholder. I can't see it as an "enforcement" For example take our new Dutch centre back come re-start he may not want to get injured playing for Groningen prior to starting his Derby career also Derby may not want him to either. If Uefa/Fifa/ Fa/Efl or whoever come in and say all contracts will be extended, these bodies are not the law of the land(s), so i don't see how if someone doesn't want a contract "adjusted" i can't see if an interested party objects how it can be.

It will end being like Bosman where EU law took precedence over Football law.

You are right i am sure, which is why they can't just ban a transfer window.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Suppose it could work with the mini league scenario.  You can trade in players but they can only play on commencement of the new 23 game season, not the remainder of the old one.

14 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

This would be great, Then we could have summer football, With the hope of bigger attendances in the sunshine, Looking forward to in now ?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

You just can’t play football if any social distancing is in force - it can’t happen - maybe some tennis maybe some snooker without spectators 

tennis would be a no go simply because players wouldn't be able to come to the net 

18 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It's a lot easier to declare that it's impossible to finish the season and therefore not award anything than to award promotion and relegation. That way the league isn't making an active decision but simply declaring that everyone starts back equal. If leagues award promotion and relegation or even try to re-start the season after a prolonged period it does create way way more potential challenges to the actual result than simply applying a blanket decision. It's not realistic to restart the season and given the way football is an average points end is simply unfit for purpose quite honestly. 

5 hours ago, TramRam said:

This would be great, Then we could have summer football, With the hope of bigger attendances in the sunshine, Looking forward to in now ?

That is a very best case scenario and even then you're left with issues over pre-season and contracts. I know some think it's potentially ideal due to the schedule we'll have to adopt for the 2022 world cup anyway... 

14 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

That is a very best case scenario and even then you're left with issues over pre-season and contracts. I know some think it's potentially ideal due to the schedule we'll have to adopt for the 2022 world cup anyway... 

Contracts are the big sticking point.

Remainder of the season kicks off if everythings given the all clear in Late August early September with a 2 week pre season, All games to finish including play offs in mid December, Season closes down for 2 months and restarts in March.

Players and fans get Xmas and New Year in and all can still go on holiday to a warmer climate....Boom

Unless i've missed something out.

Sith Happens
32 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

tennis would be a no go simply because players wouldn't be able to come to the net 

give them really big rackets 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I tend to think most traveling supporters (to say the world cup in Qatar)and holiday makers would be inclined to want to know 

how good is the local health service?

how many ventilators are there?

are you actually insured for covid 19 from now on if you travel ( probably not) 

Archived