Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they should not say that

Who is saying it?

Not saying you have, but don't get your news from social media ie. Twitter, Facebook.

Use trusted sources (although many will say they cant be trusted)

If in doubt bbc news app is very useful on your phone.

I'm gutted for you that the football is not on, stay strong and think how good it will be when it returns. It will be really special first game back. Keep that as motivator and maybe enjoy a few highlights of this season's game on YouTube.

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

They have also cancelled their play offs

They seem to use play offs to determine the final league positions in their Pro League and these are the ones that have been cancelled. I don't know what's happening their lower leagues.

3 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

You misunderstood. The BBC have said nothing of the sort. Too busy making political mischief in these unprecedented times. 

No I did not misunstand at all clearly heard say it before they went politicians. 

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I just heard some reastrions could be lifted please lift them so football can continue I can go back support the lads.

The BBC appear to be saying the exact opposite, I'm sorry to say (but not surprised, of course)...

"The restart date for the Premier League will be pushed back on Friday.

All 20 Premier League clubs will meet via video and it is accepted by all that there is no hope of professional games being played immediately after the current 30 April deadline.

The Premier League could shift the date back into May or opt to follow Spain and France, who have shut down their leagues for an indefinite period."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52140204

6 hours ago, mr_rams said:

Is it today that we'll find out any updates? 

Well, they've had another meeting, yes...

"It was acknowledged that the Premier League will not resume at the beginning of May - and that the 2019-20 season will only return when it is safe and appropriate to do so," a Premier League statement said.

Premier League clubs will ask players to take a 30% pay cut in order to protect jobs as it was announced the season will not resume until "it is safe and appropriate to do so".

All clubs have agreed to put the proposed "combination of conditional reductions and deferrals" to players.

Clubs still intend on completing all league and cup fixtures.

The EFL, Women's Super League and Women's Championship have all suspended play without setting a target return date, meaning the entirety of English football is on hold indefinitely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52148955

Can’t see for a second that this season will ever be finished off - I think the only possible option will be to declare it null and void. But the league, and UEFA, are doing the right thing leaving it as long as possible before announcing so in my opinion. It wouldn’t be fair on teams like Liverpool and Leeds, who have had very successful seasons, to call the season off until it is absolutely impossible to finish it. An indefinite delay is definitely the right announcement.

While it probably shouldn’t be a forced thing, it would be good to see some of the highly paid prem players take a bit of a pay cut too, to help out where the money is needed.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t see for a second that this season will ever be finished off - I think the only possible option will be to declare it null and void. But the league, and UEFA, are doing the right thing leaving it as long as possible before announcing so in my opinion. It wouldn’t be fair on teams like Liverpool and Leeds, who have had very successful seasons, to call the season off until it is absolutely impossible to finish it. An indefinite delay is definitely the right announcement.

While it probably shouldn’t be a forced thing, it would be good to see some of the highly paid prem players take a bit of a pay cut too, to help out where the money is needed.

I agree although a pay cut won’t help those that most need it unless the rich premier league clubs donate the cost savings. I think the PFA do have a point by asking for evidence of hardship from the prem clubs. Much better if the players made donations (assuming they can afford it. I get this business that if you earn more your committed expenses go up as well) directly to worthy causes perhaps locally. A weeks wages donated to a local charity, who’s income will have diminished significantly, for example will go a long way and will be remembered. I am aware that some players are doing things and there are probably others that also are but don’t want the publicity.

Maybe, once this is all over, Derby county give away a couple of thousand free tickets to front line key workers for a load of games. It’s not as if we’re selling out at the moment. In fact, although it is going to be some time before football restarts, if I was Mel I’d be announcing such intentions (details still to be worked through) right now as a gesture.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree although a pay cut won’t help those that most need it unless the rich premier league clubs donate the cost savings. I think the PFA do have a point by asking for evidence of hardship from the prem clubs. Much better if the players made donations (assuming they can afford it. I get this business that if you earn more your committed expenses go up as well) directly to worthy causes perhaps locally. A weeks wages donated to a local charity, who’s income will have diminished significantly, for example will go a long way and will be remembered. I am aware that some players are doing things and there are probably others that also are but don’t want the publicity.

Maybe, once this is all over, Derby county give away a couple of thousand free tickets to front line key workers for a load of games. It’s not as if we’re selling out at the moment. In fact, although it is going to be some time before football restarts, if I was Mel I’d be announcing such intentions (details still to be worked through) right now as a gesture.

Come to think of it, given they can’t get out on the golf course right now and therefore must have a bit of spare time on their hands, why don’t the Derby players volunteer to ring say 4 or 5 supporters each per day, starting with the elderly, to help lift spirits similar to what I and many others not working have done through the NHS responder volunteer scheme?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Agree with all of that. I guess we will see what action we and other clubs take over the coming weeks.

3 hours ago, TramRam said:

It looks like plans are being put in place for games to be played behind closed doors with EUFA allowing Saturday 3pm Kick Offs to be Televised in England and Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52161561

They might just be asking for permission so the option remains on the table. Would make sense to me to be removing any barriers just in case.

Agree with the last two posts.

Just another hurdle out of the way, should they wish to eventually go down this route. 

We're still a long way off players, coaching/back-room staff, and TV crews etc getting together for a match day... or at least, we ought to be!

Until you can have a group of 20 people in close proximity to each other it just isn’t going to happen - by that I only mean the ones on the pitch - and imagine the first time one of them decides to spit on the floor 

Archived