Matches suspended

atherstoneram

Just now, Sparkle said:

I can’t imagine the season will continue our government stated that the virus will be prevalent for 15-16 weeks and there will be massive football ramifications 

The only way would be to push back next season and continue this one whenever possible, not sure if they would do that though?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Can't see it re-starting tbh.  Virus is in it's early stages here and won't peak until we're due to re-start.  The Euros are due to start 12 June, being played here, France, Germany, Russia and Italy.....that's only 13 weeks away.  I just can't see it happening.  No time for players to rest, squads to form up, and, for any players who do get it, for them to recover properly.  I've had full blown flu twice in my life: I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Knocked me for six for over 2 weeks each time and took another 2 or 3 weeks to recover fully. 

I guess it begs the question, if we don't go again, do you take the league positions as at this weekend, or do you say, c'est la vie, the season's scrubbed, start again in August....harsh for some, life saver for others. 

I'd say it would have to just be scrapped, the teams behind the top 2 could argue they can be caught and the teams in the relegation places could argue they still have a chance of staying up.

It's harsh on wba and leeds but it's the only fair way of doing it imo.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I can’t imagine the season will continue our government stated that the virus will be prevalent for 15-16 weeks and there will be massive football ramifications 

The ramifications for football are rather insignificant as opposed to trying to contain the virus

Maybe also have to take into account how many players get the virus and how long it takes them to fully recover and get fit enough to play? You could have a scenario where a team has most of it’s squad either with the disease or in various stages of recovery.

I’m not sure it’s worth us oldies getting season tickets as it’s going to get most of us apparently! Anyway there should be plenty of spaces in the west stand next season!

Sorry to be a bit flippant about such a serious matter, but none of us know anything for sure.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The only way would be to push back next season and continue this one whenever possible, not sure if they would do that though?

All possible at this point but I honestly believe we won’t be playing football again until August - in terms of promotions, relegations, champions, I think they will either do it as the leagues stand ( major problems with that ) or void the season and start again next time as things are ( which wouldn’t be a problem but for the massive money in the premiership) 

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'd say it would have to just be scrapped, the teams behind the top 2 could argue they can be caught and the teams in the relegation places could argue they still have a chance of staying up.

If we were top two, we wouldn't be saying that!

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Agree.  Harsh on WBA.  As for Leeds, meh!

Just now, inter politics said:

If we were top two, we wouldn't be saying that!

No, we wouldn't, but there is no way it'd be fair on the relegated teams for Leeds and WBA to replace them when they still had a chance of getting out of it. Particularly Bournemouth.

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Even if the season does eventually get finished, the look on the Leed's fans faces that I'm imagining right now is an absolute joy to behold!

Beautiful!  

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

image.png.48f03ef373db5bc849a128f13d0d4cc6.png

Archived