v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

But they will have been exposed to the senior team and other staff members around the training ground!

I imagine every player at risk of having caught it will be waiting for the results as we speak. All players will currently be in isolation and will only come out if the results say negative or 2 weeks passes by.

Also at some clubs, the youths train separately to the first team so less chance of exposure.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine every player at risk of having caught it will be waiting for the results as we speak. All players will currently be in isolation and will only come out if the results say negative or 2 weeks passes by.

Also at some clubs, the youths train separately to the first team so less chance of exposure.

While true, I imagine a lot hang out together at the club, some youths train with the seniors and I imagine they all eat in the same dining areas.

Hostile place, Direct Rowett football … I can see Rooney being in for this one, need his knowledge as much as his skill.

They will press so definitely no Curtis. 

What do you do about Sibley ? He will be brimming with desire and confidence but I can see Gary wanting him goaded.

I cant guess much more. Have Millwall got anyone we need to watch ?  because that will be in Phil's equation.

22 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Finally a game I'm going to - think I've seen about 200 minutes of us this season in total including on the telly so will be good to dust off the old half fan hat for this one. 

Good day out down the smoke guaranteed, hopefully get three points at a place we rarely seem to do well at.

Strangely one of the grounds I've been to most often.

D - 1-1 FA Cup 2010 - Late Commons leveller when they were in League 1. Was at the height of Ginger Beard Man fever and was a freezing cold day. Went with about 5 lads from Sixth Form. One of the best trips I've done.

L - 2-0 League 2010 - Can't remember this one other than Bueno played in that short-lived exciting Nigel Clough forward line of Kuqi, Commons, Bueno, Cywka. Didn't perform on this day though.

D - 0-0 League 2012 - London Bridge beforehand was good. Don't think there was a shot on target for either team all match.

D - 3-3 League 2015 - last away game of the season I think - they got relegated, we could've secured play-offs but missed the chance. Rollercoaster game under Wassall.  2-0 and 3-1 down and Hendrick levelled late on. Handbags on the way back to train.

D - 0-0 League 2018 - Boring Rowett era game of few chances. 

Of course I could have gone in 2013 the day we won 5-1 with Bryson getting the first hat-trick since Simpson, winning  the first 3 away games of the season since 1912 and biggest away victory since 1984, but decided not to bother.

Sorry lads.

Based on our record when you've gone to Millwall, and the score when you could have but chose not to, please can I politely request that you change your mind and don't go?

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Knowing the efl they’ll make the games go ahead so forest and Millwall will have to play youngsters for 2 weeks 

The EFL surely won't be that narrow minded and stup..................

i knew it all along law and order GIF

I’d have Davies for Wisdom as my, perhaps unfair, perception of Millwall is they’re quite direct and Davies seems to deal well with that . Otherwise same back 5

Shinnie and Bird 

Rooney 

Wags Martin Sibley

Might be a tight game and Rooney is the best chance of scoring a half chance with his class so got to play and Shinnie is combative

Wouldn’t be shocked if Lawrence replaces Sibley but I’d have Sibs as he looks bang up for it atm

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just listening to one of my Spotify playlists and 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' has come on. I was suddenly transported to May 2019 and one of the greatest nights of my life. I pity those who don't have any hope.

I reckon 6 wins and a draw will get us in the playoffs , will be hard but if we beat Millwall and Reading which is possible that becomes 4 wins and a draw from 7 maybe slightly less or slightly more as it should be 68 -72 points for 6th I reckon , far from impossible. We need a 100% record for March though to give us the room to drop some points for the games against the likes of Brentford ,WBA and Leeds. I remember after the 4-0 loss to Villa last season many thought our chances were finished and people were laughed at for suggesting we had a chance and then made it.

I still have some hope for top 6 but it is crucial we win the next 2. If we get into them we will have a strong as chance as anybody given the fact we would end up probably being top 2 based upon second half of the season maybe even top so we will be the form team if we make it, only concern for me is the defence if we improve defensively we should be able to pick up a lot of points.

Hamer

Bogle    Wisdom   Clarke    Forsyth

Shinnie      Rooney 

Waghorn    Lawrence    Knight

Martin 

Think Bird would benefit from a rest and bring him back in for Reading? Sibley back on the bench for Lawrence and bring him on for Knight at some point and shift Lawrence out wide. 

8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

After the Maranakis revelation, I'm now expecting this match to be postponed and Gary Rowett to go into self isolation. 

The Man City vs Arsenal game tonight has now been called off because Arsenal played Olympiakos when he was there. Given he was also at the gumps versus Millwall, it seems pretty likely our game will fall by the wayside too.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The Man City vs Arsenal game tonight has now been called off because Arsenal played Olympiakos when he was there. Given he was also at the gumps versus Millwall, it seems pretty likely our game will fall by the wayside too.

Would he have gone within 3 ft of the millwall personnel in an indoor environment tho?

If he was just in the stand then prob ok.

B Hamer

bogle.    Wisdom.    Clarke.        Forsyth.  

Bird.        Rooney

Waghorn.          Sibley.               Knight

.                       Martin

we need to know if they can do it away

22 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Yes that's then thing. He met the Forest payers Friday, who met the Millwall player on Sat... So game off I reckon. 

If it's at least one degree of separation,  my company at least is deeming the risk acceptable currently. If Marinakis had directly contacted the millwall players then that would not be okay. 

If we all move to a quarantine situation with one degree of separation then I can see that having a material impact......

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It might be the close proximity of the game to his announcement - they aren't able to test the Arsenal players in time to give the all clear, as test results take around 24 hours. But they should be able to test the Millwall players now, and unless several of them test positive, I'd expect the game to go ahead. Brighton v Arsenal on Saturday is still on. 

Archived