v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Dare we even contemplate trying to out poohouse Rowett?

I fear we will try to play our own game, Snakey will have his mob set up like a table football team...all rigid lines and shuffling horizontally a few yards to and fro before belting it long from the back. 

That's how he gets his success and he can expose our frail back 4, whilst clogging our nippier playmakers before we get a sniff of their final third.

Our best chance I think is to catch them early, which we wont do if waggers is leading the line and bumbling his customary 5 or 6 chances out for goal kicks ?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 points here will have this site in, well the opposite of meltdown, I guess. Freeze up? After suffering a rare home defeat to these let’s be shoving it right back at em with knobs on. Pitch looked poor last time  I saw them on tv which won’t help our slick style but Wayne on the free kicks, we’ll have these. Saw what looked like very antagonistic ‘fans’ (?) at Florist but they were 3 up in quick time so I guess they were throwing the smarties around with gay abandon. Another big one, game on. 
PS. To all Rams, please don’t call Rowetts trainers anything other than smart footwear, it’ll return to haunt us ? 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you mean the most difficult to predict? You're not seriously suggesting Reading at home, whilst not easy, will be more difficult than West Brom away, Forest, Leeds and Brentford at home? Even Cardiff away? 

Very possible 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Or as a coach he can realise that one very good team performance doesn't guarantee the next team performance will be as good and if there are better players available, you play them. Rooney first name on the team sheet. (For Shinnie). I'd also bring Lawrence back in for Knight.

5 days is a long way away - I wonder if this game will be played as normal, played behind closed doors or postponed.

This is true and Cocu certainly doesn’t seem to fall into the ‘not changing a winning team’ school of thought.  There is, however only one way to find out if that team selection can perform to that standard again.  Would like to see TL have to fight for his place back. Rooney might be the exception, but it’s nice to know we can play without him.  

Getting the National Express coach from Manchester at 07:30, and won't be getting back until gone midnight. Ten hours of travel in total, but I don't give a duck about the distance I travel and the time it takes as long as I can afford to get there, and I managed to get these tickets for less than £15. Bargain.

Considering going out on Friday night and getting on the bus without sleeping, but haven't decided yet. 

Can't bloody wait. A chance to see Gary Rowett's beautiful poohouse face, and hopefully three more points towards a last-gasp Play-Off push.

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Getting the National Express coach from Manchester at 07:30, and won't be getting back until gone midnight. Ten hours of travel in total, but I don't give a duck about the distance I travel and the time it takes as long as I can afford to get there, and I managed to get these tickets for less than £15. Bargain.

Considering going out on Friday night and getting on the bus without sleeping, but haven't decided yet. 

Can't bloody wait. A chance to see Gary Rowett's beautiful poohouse face, and hopefully three more points towards a last-gasp Play-Off push.

Don't forget to give the cockernees a few cheery waves, offer them some mushy peas and a couple of "ey up mi ducks".

They'll like that....?

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Surely this game doesn’t go ahead now? 

Might go behind closed doors if the Millwall players/staff go through testing in time and are all given the all clear. I'd be very surprised if it goes ahead as normal.

If they can't test in time/they don't get the all clear you'd imagine all Millwall/Forest games will be postponed for a time, at a minimum.

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Might go behind closed doors if the Millwall players/staff go through testing in time and are all given the all clear. I'd be very surprised if it goes ahead as normal.

If they can't test in time/they don't get the all clear you'd imagine all Millwall/Forest games will be postponed for a time, at a minimum.

You'd expect anyone to have played Arsenal (since Olympiakos) and the teams to have played them to also be postponed - Forest, Millwall, Arsenal, West Ham, Portsmouth, Peterborough

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

You'd expect anyone to have played Arsenal (since Olympiakos) and the teams to have played them to also be postponed - Forest, Millwall, Arsenal, West Ham, Portsmouth, Peterborough

Degrees of separation... who have the teams they've played played, who have their academy teams played...

Has to be:

Hamer

Bogle Wisdom Clarke Malone 

Rooney Bird

Waghorn Sibley Lawrence

Martin

Harsh on Shinnie and Knight but Lawrence and Rooney have been our best players of late. If we play that is. 

Archived