v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Blackburn, no one deserves to be dropped for either Lawrence or Rooney. But, it's also difficult leaving Rooney on the bench. For Rooney to come in, we'd need to see a couple of changes to maintain a good balance within the team - Rooney in for Shinnie and Lawrence in for Sibley with Knight moving to AM (the same as against Wednesday).

Same team as Blackburn for me, but I see Cocu going for the same as Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

After Blackburn, no one deserves to be dropped for either Lawrence or Rooney. But, it's also difficult leaving Rooney on the bench. For Rooney to come in, we'd need to see a couple of changes to maintain a good balance within the team - Rooney in for Shinnie and Lawrence in for Sibley with Knight moving to AM (the same as against Wednesday).

I expect Sibley to keep his place and Knight to lose his, if Lawrence is fit.

Also the possibility that if Lawrence isn't fit that Rooney comes in for Knight and Shinnie keeps his spot - while there's a leaning consensus on here that our midfield is of poor balance with Rooney, Shinnie and Bird - I don't think Cocu feels as strongly about it. The more aggressively built midfield might also suit as I don't feel like Knight would see much of the ball against a highly compact Rowett side. 

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sibley to keep his place for me. I'd have Rooney in for Shinnie (albeit, being harsh on Shinnie - I just don't feel that Bird, Shinnie and Rooney are all needed), and Lawrence in for Knight.

Hamer; Bogle, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth; Rooney, Bird; Waghorn, Sibley, Lawrence; Martin

Any news on when Duane Holmes is back in, anybody?

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'd quite happily lose this game if it meant that Milwall were going to displace Forest from the playoff places come end of season 

Millwall and Derby will both finish in the top 6 ?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'd quite happily lose this game if it meant that Milwall were going to displace Forest from the playoff places come end of season 

I would hate losing to these....I hope we smash them

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Whilst I understand your sentiment, we should let them be the architects of their own downfall.  I have thought the same on occasion but if it meant us losing all remaining matches would it still apply?

Unfortunately I think they will be top 6 ?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

After Blackburn, no one deserves to be dropped for either Lawrence or Rooney. But, it's also difficult leaving Rooney on the bench.

I’d like to think that as Rooney is making the transition from player to coach he is already starting to think like one and would perhaps see that he doesn’t necessarily have to be the first on the team sheet if we were suddenly playing well with him on the bench.  

Just wonder whether Cocu might hold Sibley back against Millwall. Rowett will ask his players to target him, wind him up in a very hostile environment. Bring back Rooney, keep Shinnie snapping back and unleash Sibbo when Millwall have run themselves into the ground. 

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The Millwall and Reading games are our most difficult games left this season in my opinion ️ The other games will just take care of themselves 

Do you mean the most difficult to predict? You're not seriously suggesting Reading at home, whilst not easy, will be more difficult than West Brom away, Forest, Leeds and Brentford at home? Even Cardiff away? 

Homer

Bog   Wizz   Clarke   Brucey

Shinniesta   Bird

Lesnar   Sibley   Lawrence

Wardrobe

Dependant on whether waz is fit to play, if so probs swap for Shinniesta.

If Tom's not fit, Jason Knight.

Need a physical presence in this game, the Den is a tough place to go to.

Come on you rams

1-1 in my eyes.

2 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I’d like to think that as Rooney is making the transition from player to coach he is already starting to think like one and would perhaps see that he doesn’t necessarily have to be the first on the team sheet if we were suddenly playing well with him on the bench.  

Or as a coach he can realise that one very good team performance doesn't guarantee the next team performance will be as good and if there are better players available, you play them. Rooney first name on the team sheet. (For Shinnie). I'd also bring Lawrence back in for Knight.

5 days is a long way away - I wonder if this game will be played as normal, played behind closed doors or postponed.

Roos

Bogle.  Wisdom. Clarke. Shinnie

Bird.      Rooney

Waghorn.      Sibley.     Lawrence

Martin

Hamer flapped at a few versus Blackburn that would have had the boo boys out in force were it Roos.

Fozzy gave the ball away throughout the Rovers game. Shinnie doesn't deserve to be dropped and played a fair bit at left back in Aberdeen.

Sibley is a natural number 10.

Tough on Knight. Maybe Lowe too but we will need to cope with Rowett-ball.

But it's great that we've now got options.

COYR ?

Finally a game I'm going to - think I've seen about 200 minutes of us this season in total including on the telly so will be good to dust off the old half fan hat for this one. 

Good day out down the smoke guaranteed, hopefully get three points at a place we rarely seem to do well at.

Strangely one of the grounds I've been to most often.

D - 1-1 FA Cup 2010 - Late Commons leveller when they were in League 1. Was at the height of Ginger Beard Man fever and was a freezing cold day. Went with about 5 lads from Sixth Form. One of the best trips I've done.

L - 2-0 League 2010 - Can't remember this one other than Bueno played in that short-lived exciting Nigel Clough forward line of Kuqi, Commons, Bueno, Cywka. Didn't perform on this day though.

D - 0-0 League 2012 - London Bridge beforehand was good. Don't think there was a shot on target for either team all match.

D - 3-3 League 2015 - last away game of the season I think - they got relegated, we could've secured play-offs but missed the chance. Rollercoaster game under Wassall.  2-0 and 3-1 down and Hendrick levelled late on. Handbags on the way back to train.

D - 0-0 League 2018 - Boring Rowett era game of few chances. 

Of course I could have gone in 2013 the day we won 5-1 with Bryson getting the first hat-trick since Simpson, winning  the first 3 away games of the season since 1912 and biggest away victory since 1984, but decided not to bother.

Sorry lads.

Archived