v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Well there's about 8 of us going on the train tomorrow anyway - non refundable rail tickets - unless East Midlands Rail are generous enough to offer a refund on the tickets

Just got a reply from East Midlands Rail - no refund possible on advance tickets

4 hours ago, S8TY said:

So going against advice from the experts who said carry on with sporting events ...what will be any different on 4th April ...

Millions more will have the virus by then, that’s the difference so they will review and cancel the next month’s fixtures. The reason they have chosen 4 th April is to give them some thinking time as what to do. The euros will have been postponed by then so it gives an opportunity to extend the season over the summer If things are settling down 

7 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Millions more will have the virus by then, that’s the difference so they will review and cancel the next month’s fixtures. The reason they have chosen 4 th April is to give them some thinking time as what to do. The euros will have been postponed by then so it gives an opportunity to extend the season over the summer If things are settling down 

Still isn’t what the experts were saying less than 24hours before ...they said will not stop the virus but is all about slowing it down ...60,000 at Cheltenham today and are pubs shutting tonight??nope ...it’s all about slowing it down so nhs can handle the peak so two weeks will make no difference whatsoever when they say the peak is 10-14 weeks away ....they said yesterday it was all about timing to slow it down as you can’t stop it but only slow it down to enable nhs to cope so in two weeks time it will make not one iota of difference and less than 24hours after the live information some sporting events are cancelled ....

8 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I wasn't trying to be a smart arse! I couldn't be bothered to google if Baseball players are actually massive ?

I wasn't trying to be terse, either, just very pushed for time, no offence taken. I was amazed at just how tall these guys really are, the forwards averaging 6' 11".  I'm 5'6", I just can't imagine it!

Archived