Are we allowed an opinion

Curtains

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

I mean what’s the point. 

Sometimes Curtains people appear to ONLY criticise and sometimes only comment when they have something to moan about ...it’s ok to have an opinion as it’s a forum so just say what you feel as otherwise there is no point having a forum ....what I will say myself though is....some fans on here are never happy...even when we play well ...they’re not happy because so and so didn’t play or have blind faith in there own team selection ...there are certain posters on here who NEVER have anything good to say because they just don’t like Cocu or the way he’s going about things ....I don’t  totally understood some team selections and last night was one of them but I still got behind the lads like you no doubt did ...I do have faith in Cocu and what he is trying to achieve...to have 5 or 6 academy players playing against Man Utd is fantastic and I’m not sure many other managers we could’ve gone for would’ve done the same but do get your opinion about missing a chance to progress but saying that I thought the youngsters done well but for the record I don’t think Bogle Lowe or Whittaker will ever cut it at the top but time will tell and is only my opinion ....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Squid said:

Seeing as we're giving opinions on team selection,

Keeper: Standard really.

Back 4: Awful, playing a DM and LB at CB is bound to be a bad mistake. This was the biggest mistake IN MY OPINION.

Midfield: Loved it.

Waghorn up top: Would prefer Martin but obviously can't play 90 every game...

Totally agree. 

I really think this will be the starting Eleven for next season (with the exception of Wisdom who was injured) whether some people on here like that or not and Cocu was evaluating the team. What better time to play them, against a Prem team

Hamer/Clarke back to parent clubs. Martin/Marriott possibly gone at the end of the season as they don't seem to fit in with Cocu's plans if game time is anything to go by.

For all we know Cocu may possibly be expecting (or possibly aware of) a transfer embargo letter landing on the doormat at the end of the season as a result of the EFL investigation. Better getting the team sorted now and the rest of the season rather than the mad scramble we had this pre/early season.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Hamer

Wisdom      Davies.     Clarke.     Forsyth.  

Shinnie         Bird 

Waghorn                          Lawrence 

Marriott       Martin 

mbUntitled.png

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I really think this will be the starting Eleven for next season (with the exception of Wisdom who was injured) whether some people on here like that or not and Cocu was evaluating the team. What better time to play them, against a Prem team

Hamer/Clarke back to parent clubs. Martin/Marriott possibly gone at the end of the season as they don't seem to fit in with Cocu's plans if game time is anything to go by.

For all we know Cocu may possibly be expecting (or possibly aware of) a transfer embargo letter landing on the doormat at the end of the season as a result of the EFL investigation. Better getting the team sorted now and the rest of the season rather than the mad scramble we had last pre/early season.

Sorry but I am still not convinced by the new Tinker Man. Nine months nearly gone and he and his team are still evaluating the squad?!!

I honestly think we are heading for a points deduction of up to 12 pts this season  hence the need to rest players for Sunday as we are going to need every point we can get to stay up. Just think back to the home game against Northampton and the team we played, which in my opinion was much stronger than for last night. Obviously for some reason Cocu has change his strategy for last night's game. 

Forget the cup now and back Cocu and the team! 

And yes we all have our own opinion! 

Living like I do in my London bubble, I watched the game in a pub with no commentary on. I had no phone battery. I was blissfully unaware of any criticism of the team selection - I didn't even know the team. When I saw the kids starting, it made sense given that they didn't travel to the important game in Austria. The CBs raised an eyebrow - but we made a decent start.

I wasn't surprised to see criticism of the selection when I came back online, but I was surprised by the scale of the criticism. A lot of fans saw it as a death sentence to any chance of winning.

Tone of this thread is strange. The original poster seems to share an opinion with a large minority - possibly a majority - and yet suggests they are not allowed an opinion. A stance which I'm sure comes from simply having the opinion challenged.

I believe that Cocu has begun to develop a team identity and philosophy of play. He has developed the whole first team squad, bar perhaps Marriott, Anya and Josefzoon. They appear to have garnered a good team spirit in spite of traumas like the loss of Bielik and Keogh. 

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Tone of this thread is strange. The original poster seems to share an opinion with a large minority - possibly a majority - and yet suggests they are not allowed an opinion. A stance which I'm sure comes from simply having the opinion challenged.

Or rather it could be a response to the many posters demanding blind faith support for Cocu regardless.

10 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Or rather it could be a response to the many posters demanding blind faith support for Cocu regardless.

And have we not had blind faith support for previous managers. The difference this time is that Cocu hasn't gone Gung-Ho like previous managers but is taking a balanced considered approach for the future vision of the club, that's what is getting peoples backs up, they want instant success from a manager nowadays, if you don't get that he is deemed a failure

14 minutes ago, DRBee said:

But even so, does that stop anyone from criticising him? Does a poster demanding blind faith mean anything else is not allowed?

20 minutes ago, Wraggrams said:

I believe that Cocu has begun to develop a team identity and philosophy of play. He has developed the whole first team squad, bar perhaps Marriott, Anya and Josefzoon. They appear to have garnered a good team spirit in spite of traumas like the loss of Bielik and Keogh. 

I like the way you state Cocu has developed the whole first team squad.....then mention apart from Marriott, Anya and Zoon. 

But yes if you pick Lawrence out as one player for the time being he is playing at a different level then previous seasons 

47 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Are you able to quote any poster who has 'demanded blind faith'  - I can't think of any?

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

I feel my opinion is disregarded.

Its all about the Academy players at DCFC now like it or not.  

Let’s hope it works but I have my doubts. 

how can anybody not experience joy when a players spotted and nurtured by the club starts to show a lot of promise????

Archived