Are we allowed an opinion

Curtains

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

What?

My point still stands, the remaining league games are more important than a single cup game, regardless of opposition. Protecting squad strength through rotation is fairly sensible. Obviously we'd all love to have depth at CB but we don't so choices like this are necessary sometimes

Remember people on here moaning about not  getting a CB in January .

Admittedly we have a Dutch lad coming in for next season .

The Academy doesn’t seem to produce CBs .

The remaining League games are important yes to avoid relegation.

I think we could have gone for both Cup and the remaking League games. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Remember people on here moaning about not  getting a CB in January .

Admittedly we have a Dutch lad coming in for next season .

The Academy doesn’t seem to produce CBs .

I think we could have gone for both Cup and the remaking League games. 

but you can't predict injury and an injury to Clarke would be devastating. Hypoethetically, we're more likely to make the playoffs than win the FA Cup; therefore I don't blame Cocu for saving important defensive squad members for the run in rather than a single game against Prem opposition.

Unless you truly believe we would have won with Wisdom & Clarke included, it doesn't really matter does it?

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

but you can't predict injury and an injury to Clarke would be devastating. Hypoethetically, we're more likely to make the playoffs than win the FA Cup; therefore I don't blame Cocu for saving important defensive squad members for the run in rather than a single game against Prem opposition.

Unless you truly believe we would have won with Wisdom & Clarke included, it doesn't really matter does it?

But how do you think Chris Martin felt last night about being dropped or was he injured and surely Marriott deserved a start against Man U 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I'm assuming you've built in a points deduction. If not, we're closer to the top six than we are to the bottom three - talk about pessimism!

7 hours ago, David said:

This is the correct answer. 

It‘s a forum, people disagreeing with you does not mean you are not allowed an opinion. 

If we all agreed with each other what is the point?

The key to a happy forum existence is to accept that sometimes your opinions may fall on the minority side or the majority and that this little corner of the internet is very much a small minority of the fan base.

All this “I’m not allowed an opinion” is nonsense, unless your opinion goes against our forum guidelines. 

I disagree. 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

I'm assuming you've built in a points deduction. If not, we're closer to the top six than we are to the bottom three - talk about pessimism!

You can’t count out point deduction just yet even though if we get one it’s likely to be next season. 

Without a points deduction we will finish mid table so like I said a nothing position in the Championship 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

But how do you think Chris Martin felt last night about being dropped or was he injured and surely Marriott deserved a start against Man U 

Martin should be starting on Sunday. After his colitis last season as well, he probably couldn't perform at a top level for both of those fixtures; reasons like that are why managers rotate teams. The XI that started yesterday wouldn't all be able to play on Sunday as well so some changes had to be made

Marriott doesn't deserve anything atm and that's coming from someone that rates him. I thought that was Waghorn's best game of the season last night and Martin is obviously in fine form as well after his hattrick of assists. Based on their form as No.9s, Marriott honestly didn't deserve to start and I think Waghorn had some terrific hold up play, the likes of which we haven't seen since Hull (H) last season from him.

Just now, Curtains said:

Do you know how CM may or may not have felt about being dropped, your comment is pure speculation

As i posted earlier they probably don't feature in Cocu's future plans and must think there are others far more deserving of a start than Marriott and that's why he chose that starting line up

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

Martin should be starting on Sunday. After his colitis last season as well, he probably couldn't perform at a top level for both of those fixtures; reasons like that are why managers rotate teams. The XI that started yesterday wouldn't all be able to play on Sunday as well so some changes had to be made

Marriott doesn't deserve anything atm and that's coming from someone that rates him. I thought that was Waghorn's best game of the season last night and Martin is obviously in fine form as well after his hattrick of assists. Based on their form as No.9s, Marriott honestly didn't deserve to start and I think Waghorn had some terrific hold up play, the likes of which we haven't seen since Hull (H) last season from him.

If you watch Man U regularly you will see that they have been poor this season. .

We mad them look fantastic.

Now if 3-0 defeat at home is cause for optimism then I’m watching the wrong sport in Football.

Got to go out now sorry. 

Those saying the current Man U squad is the worst in years obviously never watched them under Van Gaal, Mourinho or Moyes. Very much like us, their season has been inconsistent but the recent buy of Fernandes and the return from injury of McTominay has made a significant difference to both their performances and results.

8 hours ago, Curtains said:

I feel my opinion is disregarded.

Its all about the Academy players at DCFC now like it or not.  

Let’s hope it works but I have my doubts. 

But surely an opinion is just that .. an opinion. There isn’t really a requirement of manners to give any opinion “regard”

having said that, on a personal note it strikes me that we should all explain why we disagree .. maybe that is regard ? 

In the end we are giving independent views, folk either agree or disagree or occasionally get swayed by an interesting angle. 

on the other hand, if you’ve been around on the forum a bit you get to know some posters hobby horses and it is sometimes hard not to respond with “here she/he goes again like a scratched record” .. maybe that is disregard ? 

I love opinion, ideas, new thoughts ...but I bridle at dogma. ... I like Chris Martin a lot, and in certain games on certain days he brings an extra dimension to our play but demanding his inclusion in every game and cussing the manager because he isn’t picked ? Well it’s an opinion, but for an opinion to be regarded then it needs to be backed by logical argument.. just saying “he did that in game X” isn’t good enough for me ... now if for example, someone says he should have played in THIS game because their CB was a lumux and Holmes clicks with him in those circumstances.. yes I’ll give you regard. 

38 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Agree with all that, although in Marriots defence I don’t think we are playing a way that particularly suits him on a regular basis. I still think he has something to offer and is a dangerous little effer with a lot of skill ... funny isn’t it .. you could say the same thing about Martin .. it’s all about the supply line. Marriott needs a foil / partner and Martin needs multiple runners from deep. If we used width better or had the players that could, I could see a M and M being deadly but as a squad I think Cocu is mixing pretty well as the last 10-12 games have shown. .. (in my opinion ?

45 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Those saying the current Man U squad is the worst in years obviously never watched them under Van Gaal, Mourinho or Moyes. Very much like us, their season has been inconsistent but the recent buy of Fernandes and the return from injury of McTominay has made a significant difference to both their performances and results.

Yup this needs to be called out as the utter BS it is.

Manure are on a good run of form and have some quality players, they aren't Fergies United level but they are still a good team and it's foolish to suggest otherwise!

Why are own fans claiming this and trying to use it as a stick to beat their own manager/club/team (delete as appropriate)?

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yup this needs to be called out as the utter BS it is.

Manure are on a good run of form and have some quality players, they aren't Fergies United level but they are still a good team and it's foolish to suggest otherwise!

Why are own fans claiming this and trying to use it as a stick to beat their own manager/club/team (delete as appropriate)?

Last nine games, W6 D3 L0 and conceded only 2 goals in the process but yeah, they're rubbish.

I'll doubtless be told that the Premiership is rubbish this year too now ?‍♀️

On 06/03/2020 at 10:08, Curtains said:

That’s because I am negative about the clubs future with the EFL charges etc. 

I want DCFC to do well. 

Sorry if I’m negative as dot forget I’ve seen a lot better with Clough and Taylor and Dave Mackey , Jim Smith etc  

As have a lot of us and we've also seen a lot worse. Third division in our centenary year, 8-9000 crowds, a gnats chuff away from going out of business. This is a walk in the park compared to that. All part of the joys of supporting your local team. up the ramps!

Archived