Are we allowed an opinion

Curtains

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Hamer

Wisdom      Davies.     Clarke.     Forsyth.  

Shinnie         Bird 

Waghorn                          Lawrence 

Marriott       Martin 

Ignoring the fact that Wisdom wasn't available for selection Man Utd would have scored 5+ against the lineup, imo. Slow as anything and a collection of our worst passers. Then even if we changed how we play and became very compact, we would've still conceded like a sieve because you've got a truly terrible shot stopper being peppered by long range shots.

We'd have spent the whole game booting the ball over the top for Marriott to chase, unable to string more than 2 passes together unless the ball was given to Martin by a Man Utd player with us already in their half.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Ignoring the fact that Wisdom wasn't available for selection Man Utd would have scored 5+ against the lineup, imo. Slow as anything and a collection of our worst passers. Then even if we changed how we play and became very compact, we would've still conceded like a sieve because you've got a truly terrible shot stopper being peppered by long range shots.

We'd have spent the whole game booting the ball over the top for Marriott to chase, unable to string more than 2 passes together unless the ball was given to Martin by a Man Utd player with us already in their half.

I’m not joking mate we payed lip service to that game last night. 

Man U no great shakes this season and they didn’t even break sweat. 

Given (registered?)
                    Davies        Keogh(still ours?)

Wisdom (sick or not)                          Forsyth

Shinnie

Holmes (on one leg)  Rooney

Waghorn               Martin                  Jo-Flo

I didn't know who is the oldest between Jo-Flo, Marriott and Lawrence.

You could have Hudds in place of Holmes or Keogh - he played at the back under Burley but may be controversial on here.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Hamer

Shinnie         Bird 

Marriott       Martin 

Wisdom was ill, so I'd imagine you'd have Bogle? You've left out Knight, Sibley and Rooney who I thought were our top three players last night. You not a fan of the academy then? 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I’m not joking mate we payed lip service to that game last night. 

Man U no great shakes this season and they didn’t even break sweat. 

Played almost our strongest team imo, out of the fit options. Swap Clarke in for Forsyth and Martin for Sibley; you're there.

I'd put Wisdom in for Evans if he was fit. Put Holmes in for Knight if he was fit. 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Hamer

Shinnie         Bird 

Marriott       Martin 

The TV people would have been apopleptic. With no Rooney in the Rooneys' Derby County line-up they would have pulled the screening immediately.

Just now, Ambitious said:

Wisdom was ill, so I'd imagine you'd have Bogle? You've left out Knight, Sibley and Rooney who I thought were our top three players last night. You not a fan of the academy then? 

The Rooney thing wasn’t serious but his legs are going .

Sibley will be good if he can keep his head .

Knight is ok of course he is. 

The Club is at a crossroad with people saying next season will be brilliant due to Academy. 

I hope it’s the case but it’s by no means certain with FFP and EFL charges. 

1 hour ago, David said:

This is the correct answer. 

It‘s a forum, people disagreeing with you does not mean you are not allowed an opinion. 

If we all agreed with each other what is the point?

The key to a happy forum existence is to accept that sometimes your opinions may fall on the minority side or the majority and that this little corner of the internet is very much a small minority of the fan base.

All this “I’m not allowed an opinion” is nonsense, unless your opinion goes against our forum guidelines. 

That's your opinion! ?

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The Rooney thing wasn’t serious but his legs are going .

Sibley will be good if he can keep his head .

Knight is ok of course he is. 

The Club is at a crossroad with people saying next season will be brilliant due to Academy. 

I hope it’s the case but it’s by no means certain with FFP and EFL charges. 

People are looking to the academy as the hope next season can be something. You're correct that FFP & EFL charges/restrictions are absolutely flying in the face of Derby County. This club can't spend their way out of the division and will get three new teams relegated with huge parachute payments that will naturally get a head start over us. 

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Hamer

Shinnie         Bird 

Marriott       Martin 

Wisdom was ill unavailable 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Ooh, and talking of opinions I was having a perfectly civil chat with one lady ( as we were singing happy birthday twice) before the game when she said she was disappointed to see Sibley in the side as she didn't rate him.

I didn't hit her and even managed a watery smile as I politely disagreed (through gritted teeth). 

I was rather disappointed myself that I didn't see her again after the game!

was it Mrs Shinnie? ?

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

But there are some, and it sounds like many attended the game last night, who feel we are TRY entitled to win every game, that despite injury, illness, quality of our squad or the idea of blooding youngsters, we should literally take one game at a time and not think about the long term.

FIFY

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I have an opinion but it’s not worth carrying on with it as it’s universally disagreed with on here about the Academy being the only way forward. 

I will leave it at that thanks. 

Agree or disagree your one of the most respected posters.

Always entertaining and makes us smile.

I’m not getting involved in the ins and outs or rights or wrongs.

I’m just staying out of it.

A mistake not to play Martin.

i'm on it i got this GIF by Great Big Story

Archived