Are we allowed an opinion

Curtains

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Life is hard and then you die."

Anyhow if you're having a pop at me over the thread I started regarding the moaners.....fair enough. As I have said, I think constructive criticism of Cocu, me, or anyone or anything else is to be welcomed. But many of the comments on here are just plain negative, not constructive.

Of those not entirely convinced by Cocu, @RoyMac5and @Jourdan are at least constructive in their arguments. I do not mind that. It's all about opinions.

But there are some, and it sounds like many attended the game last night, who feel we are entitled to win every game, that despite injury, illness, quality of our squad or the idea of blooding youngsters, we should literally take one game at a time and not think about the long term.

Supporting a club is a lifelong thing. Someone said they were not renewing their season ticket on the basis of the team selected last night. Sheesh.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Team selection was ridiculous 

Oh, I see. You were just testing the water before you gave your opinion. 

I was a bit taken aback by it but still enjoyed the game. I think we showed more ambition on the pitch than Sheffield Wednesday did against City and with a bit better finishing we could have had them rattled. 

Whichever way you look at it we aren't too strong in defensive positions and at least we've now two fresh centre backs for Sunday - assuming Wisdom has recovered from his illness.

If Wisdom had been in there instead of Evans I wonder if we'd all have been quite so critical of the team? I think Fozzy and Roos were both going to get rotated back in anyway, at least I was expecting that.

12 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Are you allowed to have an opinion? Yes

Is everyone else allowed to tell you your opinion is nonsense? Yes

(That's a general 'you', not referring to anyone specific in this thread.)

This is the correct answer. 

It‘s a forum, people disagreeing with you does not mean you are not allowed an opinion. 

If we all agreed with each other what is the point?

The key to a happy forum existence is to accept that sometimes your opinions may fall on the minority side or the majority and that this little corner of the internet is very much a small minority of the fan base.

All this “I’m not allowed an opinion” is nonsense, unless your opinion goes against our forum guidelines. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Oh, I see. You were just testing the water before you gave your opinion. 

I was a bit taken aback by it but still enjoyed the game. I think we showed more ambition on the pitch than Sheffield Wednesday did against City and with a bit better finishing we could have had them rattled. 

Whichever way you look at it we aren't too strong in defensive positions and at least we've now two fresh centre backs for Sunday - assuming Wisdom has recovered from his illness.

If Wisdom had been in there instead of Evans I wonder if we'd all have been quite so critical of the team? I think Fozzy and Roos were both going to get rotated back in anyway, at least I was expecting that.

I feel my opinion is disregarded.

Its all about the Academy players at DCFC now like it or not.  

Let’s hope it works but I have my doubts. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

This is the correct answer. 

It‘s a forum, people disagreeing with you does not mean you are not allowed an opinion. 

If we all agreed with each other what is the point?

The key to a happy forum existence is to accept that sometimes your opinions may fall on the minority side or the majority and that this little corner of the internet is very much a small minority of the fan base.

All this “I’m not allowed an opinion” is nonsense, unless your opinion goes against our forum guidelines. 

Having opinion is what it’s about but then at appears to be classed as moaners .

I love DCFC but I should be allowed to disagree with team selection and club policy etc 

Just now, Curtains said:

Having opinion is what it’s about but then at appears to be classed as moaners .

I love DCFC but I should be allowed to disagree with team selection and club policy etc 

I don’t agree with all this happy clapper/wrist slasher stuff, but again at the end of the day it’s their opinions on your opinions and the only way you can change their opinion of your opinions is to change your opinion but then it’s no longer your opinion.

In my opinion.

Just now, David said:

I don’t agree with all this happy clapper/wrist slasher stuff, but again at the end of the day it’s their opinions on your opinions and the only way you can change their opinion of your opinions is to change your opinion but then it’s no longer your opinion.

In my opinion.

See my opinion last night was why change the team around so much after a good win at Sheffield. .

Then you ask that question and you get the usual well we need to play the Academy players. 

Now maybe this thread doesn’t appertain to anything concrete but I feel the club is going for one policy only now and that’s the Academy .

It May be the right way but it may prove to be folly we shall see .

I thought we disrespected the FA Cup last night in front of a full house. 

As I saw it, I thought the young guys played particularly well. It will do them no harm with their experience.

On the face of it, I am not sure if we put out the same team as we did against Sheffield Wednesday, we would have done any better.

At least the young ones showed no fear.

I do get those who feel the league is over for us and maybe the FA Cup was are only chance of glory. but realistically? 

Maybe the view is getting as many points under our belt this year just in case the EFL do come knocking.

Just now, Curtains said:

I don't think you should feel like that. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's. 

It might not be as popular at the moment as many of us (me included) are of the opinion that some of our academy players will take us places in the very near future but we could all be wrong. 

But if you didn't come on here and disagree with us, the Forum would be a much duller place.

And just imagine how you will enjoy the moment if all three of our young midfielders end up playing in Division One! 

I keep defending Kelle Roos on here. I know that I am in a minority of about three posters in that opinion but it doesn't stop me doing it because I think he's a decent keeper for the type of football we want to play. I will probably end up being completely misguided in that opinion over time but it won't shut me up until the situation is beyond debate.

Just have fun and don't take it too seriously - after all, football is just a game of opinions.

5 minutes ago, David said:

In my opinion.

In my opinion you are right, but that is just my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think you should feel like that. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's. 

It might not be as popular at the moment as many of us (me included) are of the opinion that some of our academy players will take us places in the very near future but we could all be wrong. 

But if you didn't come on here and disagree with us, the Forum would be a much duller place.

And just imagine how you will enjoy the moment if all three of our young midfielders end up playing in Division One! 

I keep defending Kelle Roos on here. I know that I am in a minority of about three posters in that opinion but it doesn't stop me doing it because I think he's a decent keeper for the type of football we want to play. I will probably end up being completely misguided in that opinion over time but it won't shut me up until the situation is beyond debate.

Just have fun and don't take it too seriously - after all, football is just a game of opinions.

It’s a tricky one as I love the potential of some of the Academy players .

Maybe I’m just a bit down about last night. 

My original thought a on team selection when I saw it was shock. 

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No, you're opinion is assessed on it's merits like everyone else's.  We just highlight it's negativity when it's called for.  Like now...

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You have to admit, a lot of your posts do have a whiff of negativity about them.

As for last nights team selection.  Got no issue with it at all, just the same as I didn't have any issues with the Fo**st league cup game.  The youngsters who featured in the latter game learned from the experience, as did Cocu.  The kids who featured last night will again learn from it, as will Cocu.  I personally thought collectively we defended pretty well last night, but when the opposition have the likes of Fernandes & Mata in their ranks, the gaps are going to be exposed, no matter how small they are.  Fernandes is already looking like a steal for them.  Plus there's nothing much you can do about Shaw's goal, if he hit it properly, Roos would've dealt with it.  I'd have no problem having that back four in a league game...

Ooh, and talking of opinions I was having a perfectly civil chat with one lady ( as we were singing happy birthday twice) before the game when she said she was disappointed to see Sibley in the side as she didn't rate him.

I didn't hit her and even managed a watery smile as I politely disagreed (through gritted teeth). 

I was rather disappointed myself that I didn't see her again after the game!

Archived