Relegation?

Ambitious

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Bang on mate 

we’re Derby county we won’t go down attitude 

8 points, get nothing on Saturday (some of the laughter boys want to give me a £10 bet on that ???) 

and we could be 5 off ? Or will u wake up and smell the coffee ? 

will u still be laughing then ?

were in a fight, it’s a fight we can win with a few wins but as it stands right now I’m worried and I think some of the arrogance of entitlement  amongst some of our fan base stinks 

if u disagree look at the “promotion thread” that was running only 2-3 weeks a go lmfao

Without a points deduction I would back us to stay up but a points deduction is not off the cards. 

We have some tough games so let’s see what happens mate. 

Complacency should not be the order of the day though with teams below us picking up form 

I think that relegation is extremely unlikely without a points deduction. Our home form is should see us over the line comfortably. It would be almost unthinkable that all the teams below us suddenly became unbeatable - one or two might, but not all of them.

The real threat is a points deduction. I reckon that is a very real danger. Firstly, there's a small but realistic chance that we go into administration. I don't think this will happen, but I don't think it's completely impossible that Mel can't or won't continue to shovel money in an the investment is taking longer than one of my DIY projects.

Then there's the far more likely danger of a points deduction from the EFL over the stadium sale and the residual values - I hear the latter is actually the main issue. I suspect that we've irritated the EFL and, if they can make the charges stick, they will hit us with a massive  points deduction which will see us relegated.

An earlier post mentioned that 21 was the largest the rules allowed. I'd be interested to see these rules. As far as I'm aware the independent panel can impose any sanction that they feel is justified, so I don't think there's a limit (although I could be wrong). I do know that a points deduction isn't the only possible sanction. They could expel us from the whole EFL, instantly relegate us, hit us with a fine or impose a transfer embargo. It's also possible that they could do something like instant relegation for the stadium and a transfer ban for the accounts - not so easy to climb out of League 1 then.

2 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Sorry, I just find extreme pessimism a bit like black comedy or a bit like extreme politics if you like and for that matter extreme optimism as well.

, particularly in relation to sport.

Didn't mean your rubbish your opinion. 

fair play bud 

I understand, I’m just scared as hell having seen greater leads and margins sliced in a matter of weeks with clubs much bigger than ours falling flat on their faces 

plus being smack bang in the middle of red dogs ville doesn’t help 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Without a points deduction I would back us to stay up but a points deduction is not off the cards. 

We have some tough games so let’s see what happens mate. 

Complacency should not be the order of the day though with teams below us picking up form 

Again, bang on the money 

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I applaud your optimism mate and I do agree with some of what u say ... no question about that 

I just think the manager carry’s the can for some of this .. he has to doesn’t he .. in any job, at any football club 

yes there is a catalogue of horrendous circumstances behind this season and the way it’s panned out dating as far back as clement and rush and as far fetched as an out of hand drinking session .. that all is totally recognised from myself 

I just think the championship has taken him a little by surprise, from those first few weeks of pairing up dowell and Huddlestone in conbative championship engine room to the multi rotational centre back trial and error see what comes off 

I don’t blame him, he’s trying to make something work .. I get that 

and as I say it’s a combo of players not stepping up, injuries and car crashes but that’s not to say he doesn’t carry some responsibility and would probably say he has learnt a lot about this league and is still learning 

We have gone from a team that were the absolute pits on the road to a side that consistently look decent and but for mistakes , crap refs and missed chances could and should be getting more points ,yep it’s frustrating at the mo as we not getting what our performances deserve but the performances are there for all to see except the blind ,all managers are learning all the time unless you want a short term warnock jobbie I haven’t got the first clue where the hell your comming from ,,,, happy clappers ?,arrogant , entitled , all your phrases to the people who laugh at the spit the dummy want it all now brigade

2 hours ago, Archied said:

We have gone from a team that were the absolute pits on the road to a side that consistently look decent and but for mistakes , crap refs and missed chances could and should be getting more points ,yep it’s frustrating at the mo as we not getting what our performances deserve but the performances are there for all to see except the blind ,all managers are learning all the time unless you want a short term warnock jobbie I haven’t got the first clue where the hell your comming from ,,,, happy clappers ?,arrogant , entitled , all your phrases to the people who laugh at the spit the dummy want it all now brigade

All that is missing from that post is facts!

Sadly we only look decent for brief spells in away games. Repeatedly missing chances and making mistakes at the back are not features of a good side and blaming refs is the last resort of a happy clapper.

Cocu has failed to get the best out of his players and the inconsistency of result illustrates that clearly

3 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Sadly we only look decent for brief spells in away games. Repeatedly missing chances and making mistakes at the back are not features of a good side and blaming refs is the last resort of a happy clapper.

Cocu has failed to get the best out of his players and the inconsistency of result illustrates that clearly

This @Archied

5 hours ago, Archied said:

There’s wanting it all ... and there’s progress 

if your measuring progress in that we’re now no longer getting utterly tonked on the road by anyone and everyone and are in games despite still consistently falling the wrong side of the line then fair enough.... but duck me that’s a bloody low bar we’re setting isn’t it 

Rome wasn’t built on a day... agree 

these things take time .. agree

cocu has had a rough hand .. agree

As I said “ he’s still learning” 

that is all I said ... so when it’s met by an inane laughter emoji I want to hear some actual footballing logic 

uv given it, we don’t agree but that’s fine it’s a forum

I just hate two bit posters that stick sarky comments or emojis in without giving any football substance to their comments 

13 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I think that relegation is extremely unlikely without a points deduction. Our home form is should see us over the line comfortably. It would be almost unthinkable that all the teams below us suddenly became unbeatable - one or two might, but not all of them.

The real threat is a points deduction. I reckon that is a very real danger. Firstly, there's a small but realistic chance that we go into administration. I don't think this will happen, but I don't think it's completely impossible that Mel can't or won't continue to shovel money in an the investment is taking longer than one of my DIY projects.

Then there's the far more likely danger of a points deduction from the EFL over the stadium sale and the residual values - I hear the latter is actually the main issue. I suspect that we've irritated the EFL and, if they can make the charges stick, they will hit us with a massive  points deduction which will see us relegated.

An earlier post mentioned that 21 was the largest the rules allowed. I'd be interested to see these rules. As far as I'm aware the independent panel can impose any sanction that they feel is justified, so I don't think there's a limit (although I could be wrong). I do know that a points deduction isn't the only possible sanction. They could expel us from the whole EFL, instantly relegate us, hit us with a fine or impose a transfer embargo. It's also possible that they could do something like instant relegation for the stadium and a transfer ban for the accounts - not so easy to climb out of League 1 then.

I'd love to hear your rationale behind your statement that "...realistic chance that we go into administration".

How do you think this would benefit the club and what effect on MM personally?

I'm using the 2018 accounts as a reference point and have no idea how youve reached your conclusion.

Where have you heard that the main issue is the amortisation method used? Reliable source?

I'm pretty sure there must be some guidance to the punishments that can be handed down for breaching FFP rules, I very much doubt expulsion from the EFL would be allowable.

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

What players is he currently not getting the best out of?

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

You can probably summarise that by saying individual and collective errors or lapses in concentration are still costing the team dearly away from home which is something that disappointingly hasn't changed one iota from the start of the season so would have to disagree apropros any comments regards progress being made. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Playing peacemaker here are we saying that all players at the club are operating at their full potential and could not improve any through coaching and development even if was an incremental improvement?

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can probably summarise that by saying individual and collective errors or lapses in concentration are still costing the team dearly away from home which is something that disappointingly hasn't changed one iota from the start of the season so would have to disagree apropros any comments regards progress being made. 

Is that Cos of the way cocu wants us to play ?

that it invites more mistakes ?

when u try and play out in the fashion he wants us to it’s inevitable with the ingredients at his disposal 

in which case it’s the age old argument do u play a way that gets the very best out of what u have and gradually phase ur ideas across as u bring in the players to help u do that or do u go with your philosophy right from day one 

im personally of the opinion of the gradual transition ... I suppose there’s no right or wrong but by the looks of it he’s here for the long and was always going to be given time .. so why rush it 

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

straight off the bat

Jayden bogle ... has regressed this season ... pretty alarmingly truth be told 

Iv been wandering if bogle isn’t more suited to a higher tempo game... he’s quick he’s, energetic he plays at his best off the cuff ... 

the slower paced build up with more emphasis on intricate accurate passing really doesn’t seem to suit him 

and he’s not been good defensively either 

Archived