Relegation?

Ambitious

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

They sold their stadium to the owner like we did, but, unlike us who actually did transfer 81 million between 2 companies, Sheff Wednesday made up a fictitious company and pretended the money changed hands, they just said it did in the accounts. Only when it became apparent charges would be bought they then created the fictitious company.  This isn't libellous, it's all in black and white for those wishing to dig.

IF found guilty, I can see them getting a huge deduction, huge fine and people high up in the club being banned from running a football club.

Very interested to know where you have this information from.

You're also completely wrong in what you are saying about Sheff Wed.

20 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Then if we appeal and win and it's too late it will cost the EFL tens of millions.

Dangerous territory for them.

One reason i think the panel will need to be seen to punish us to save the EFL blushes but only a slap on the wrists that will have no impact.

It does stink though.

Either mel/Derby are lying about the admission of errors by the efl, or the efl are corrupt.

I know what i believe. 

Well we will see what happens. 

Looks like they did a review on their decision 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/16/Derby-charged-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules-efl-football-league

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

I’m just making the point that our away form is diabolical 

I’m  going Saturday and hoping for an improvement .

I just thought you were being flippant about Derbys position. 

I tend not to worry about things I have no control over and no amount of whittling will alter results and no amount of moaning will change our finishing position at the end of the season.

If supporting Derby made me as miserable as it clearly does some on here, I'd give it up and find some to do that made me happy.

59 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Very interested to know where you have this information from.

You're also completely wrong in what you are saying about Sheff Wed.

I would be very interested to know where you have the information from that disproves what I am saying.

Not sure if you have listened to the podcast with Kieran Maguire (I think his name is), he goes into great detail about the charges for Derby and Sheff Wednesday.

If you haven't listened to it, do so...then tell me I'm completely wrong.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would be very interested to know where you have the information from that disproves what I am saying.

Not sure if you have listened to the podcast with Kieran Maguire (I think his name is), he goes into great detail about the charges for Derby and Sheff Wednesday.

If you haven't listened to it, do so...then tell me I'm completely wrong.

The only information I have on the DCFC accounts at 30 June 2018 which showed that the club had not received the cash for the stadium sale, not sure if that has changed since that date and I gladly apologise if you have evidence to the contrary.

Sheffield Wednesday sold their ground and then amended their financial year end to try and get thr profits from that sale into the accounts, nothing to do with creating fictitious companies as far as I am aware.

55 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I tend not to worry about things I have no control over and no amount of whittling will alter results and no amount of moaning will change our finishing position at the end of the season.

If supporting Derby made me as miserable as it clearly does some on here, I'd give it up and find some to do that made me happy.

You are probably right. 

The Rams are hard to give up as it’s like in our DNA .

I don’t always get upset about defeats but what with losing leads twice against Huddersfield and Fulham at home and losing to Luton ,Bristol and QPR to which I’ve been to them all. 

Only good day was Swansea on my travels and Stoke at home. 

Any how Up the Rams. 

I’ll be backing um at Sheffield Saturday though. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I would rather us go down than up...……...but neither are going to happen

Why? If we went up (which we won’t of course) at least we know we’d almost certainly be playing in the championship again the following year. Not sure you could say the same if we went down.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

You are probably right. 

The Rams are hard to give up as it’s like in our DNA .

I don’t always get upset about defeats but what with losing leads twice against Huddersfield and Fulham at home and losing to Luton ,Bristol and QPR to which I’ve been to them all. 

Only good day was Swansea on my travels and Stoke at home. 

Any how Up the Rams. 

I’ll be backing um at Sheffield Saturday though. 

Just realised when reading that actually how many points we’ve literally thrown away 

I really am fearful for the outcome of this season

just want to get it over and roll in the summer where I can have a break from it all quite frankly ... hopefully not with the dogs basking in a promotion too

god this could shape up to be a shocker of a year for us 

I would expect us to get top 2 in league 1, even with the squad we have now. I would obviously prefer us to stay up, relegation Would set us back 2-3 years. We just need to focus on playing like we did against QPR, the wins will come and we can get this torrid season over with. 

Think you’d be foolish to totally dismiss the prospect of relegation this season. We’re only 8 points clear with 11 to play. You’d hope that we have a quality of squad high enough that that gap is more than enough, but you can’t be 100% sure. Anything can happen, and there are scenarios where that gap could be closed even without a points deduction. You certainly can’t just look at our points tally and deduce we have enough to stay up based on past seasons. The quality at the bottom is the highest it’s been in a long while imo, and I reckon we could have a record high number needed to stay up. It’s the actual gap that matters, not theoreticals based on past seasons. 

Obviously a points deduction would transform a slight concern into a real threat. Clearly we all hope that the club is telling the truth and the EFL is genuinely just trying to cover their own arses - if that’s the case, you’d have to believe that we’d get off without punishment after a hearing, perhaps even in profit with a countersuit. I certainly think it’s a strong possibility that is the case, given how the EFL is run. But it would be foolish of us at this stage, before any hearing has taken place, to rule out the worst case scenario imho. We have to consider that a points deduction remains on the cards, and fight to make sure we survive either way up. With our tough remaining fixtures though, I must admit I feel just a little concerned. Not overly worried until the hearing has happened, but I can’t see us getting a massive points haul out of those remaining games.

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What do you know that others don't 

If you think about it from the EFL's perspective do you think they want to be in a position to relegate a team for a points deduction.... it'll create a mountain of controversy especially because of their previous ruling. If they want to teach us a lesson it makes much more sense for them to do it at the start of next season. 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I did think it seems quite late, but Birmingham had their point deduction nearly a full month AFTER this point so it wouldn't surprise me. I don't envisage any way we go down without a heavy point deduction, I'm just not entirely sold that we're going to avoid one and it happen this season. 

The EFL's methods effectively helped kill a founding member of the football league, so I don't think we're going to receive special treatment - arguably the opposite. 

The situation is that the current point deduction could eventually save Middlesbrough - the club that tried to sue the football league into punishing us in the first place. It's poetic in a sick sort of way. 

I think if we had a 9 point deduction we'd be looking in real trouble given the fixtures we have left tbh. I'm just not sold on the idea the EFL would be happy to cause a relegation because of what they've done... i can't see the club taking it lying down either which would mean a protracted court battle and continued uncertainty which is the last thing the league want. 

16 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I brought this up in a previous thread, it’s a possibility with a points deduction and without, we should be ok but only because we have done well at home. I’ve been thinking of any season in this division with a comparable appalling away record. 2012 we achieved 4 wins and 23 points away which is similar. Although this year could end up lower.
Wondering if there has been a worse one season for us on the road.

Our away form in 2003/04 was bad. Just 2 wins, both in September. We survived relegation by 1 point thanks our home form from January onwards, losing just once in that period.

After finally getting another away win at Swansea we looked like we could start looking upwards but after the last 4 games we may be looking over our shoulders again. Just shows how tight the league is. We really dropped 4 points in the last two home games.

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Why? If we went up (which we won’t of course) at least we know we’d almost certainly be playing in the championship again the following year. Not sure you could say the same if we went down.

I don’t want to go up, Winning 6 or 7 games a season maximum....Bournemouth, Palace, Watford, Villa, Southampton, Brighton, burnley wolves....all beating us without breaking sweat....and then playing all the top 6 or 7 home and away and standing no chance at all......having to go to places like west ham...

no thanks. 

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I would rather us go down than up...……...but neither are going to happen

We’re currently 8 points off the drop .... a lead that’s been cut with a significant upturn in form from a couple of the bottom 3.

we have a very very hard run in 

our away form is totally inept 
our hone form in terms of points yielded is creeking 

we are facing a potential points deduction 

I’m sorry my friend but anyone that doesn’t think we’re not still in a bid to survive needs to wake up ... we’re in a relegation scrap make no bones about 

Archived