Relegation?

Ambitious

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Playing peacemaker here are we saying that all players at the club are operating at their full potential and could not improve any through coaching and development even if was an incremental improvement?

Think all players are capable of improving.

Of the current squad though I would say there are only Roos, Bogle, Marriott and Josefzoon not playing to a reasonable standard compared to their ability.

Think we have seen improvement in Wisdom, Lowe, Holmes, Lawrence.

Think our away results are down to mentality and tactics rather than players playing poorly.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

straight off the bat

Jayden bogle ... has regressed this season ... pretty alarmingly truth be told 

You mean the 19 year old that had an exceptional first season has shown signs of regression in the second season.

I agree with you but still dont think hes been awful and let's not forget he started the season with an injury and may have had his head turned by Premiership interest.

Certainly would not be the first youngster to suffer from second season syndrome would he?

Any more?

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Is that Cos of the way cocu wants us to play ?

that it invites more mistakes ?

when u try and play out in the fashion he wants us to it’s inevitable with the ingredients at his disposal 

in which case it’s the age old argument do u play a way that gets the very best out of what u have a gradually phase ur ideas across as u bring in the players to help u do that or do u go with your philosophy right from day one 

im personally of the opinion of the initial gradual transition ... I suppose there’s no right or wrong but by the looks of it he’s here for the long and was always going to be given time .. so why rush it 

Yes that's part of it but only part of it. Clearly playing out from the back is not the forte of Davies for example and the results are quite painful to watch. 

I allude to part of it as the other factors are us having a soft underbelly away from home or mentality for want of a better word, our tactics which seen to be more focused on the opposition then looking at how we can maximize our players and an insipid turgid style of play.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes that's part of it but only part of it. Clearly playing out from the back is not the forte of Davies for example and the results are quite painful to watch. 

I allude to part of it as the other factors are us having a soft underbelly away from home or mentality for want of a better word, our tactics which seen to be more focused on the opposition then looking at how we can maximize our players and an insipid turgid style of play.

Agree 

which as I have alluded to ... in my opinion 

Pc still has a lot to learn about this league 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

You mean the 19 year old that had an exceptional first season has shown signs of regression in the second season.

I agree with you but still dont think hes been awful and let's not forget he started the season with an injury and may have had his head turned by Premiership interest.

Certainly would not be the first youngster to suffer from second season syndrome would he?

Any more?

Not helped by the Cbs alongside him. Any mistakes he makes now are far less likely to be recovered by fellow defenders. Bogle was part of a pacey defence, now he is the pace!

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think all players are capable of improving.

Of the current squad though I would say there are only Roos, Bogle, Marriott and Josefzoon not playing to a reasonable standard compared to their ability.

Think we have seen improvement in Wisdom, Lowe, Holmes, Lawrence.

Think our away results are down to mentality and tactics rather than players playing poorly.

It's difficult isn't it as how would anyone know what a person's playing ability was until they had reached that level but only after coaching and development had got them to that level which they hadn't demonstrated before. 

I virtually plagiarised your reply in my response to another poster without actually reading it so we seem to be on the same page.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Any more?

Agree totally ... but I was mearly and answering ur question 

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

Not helped by the Cbs alongside him. Any mistakes he makes now are far less likely to be recovered by fellow defenders. Bogle was part of a pacey defence, now he is the pace!

Personally I dont think Bogles problems are anything linked to pace.

Think his major downfalls are a lack of concentration and his inability to block crosses.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

We have gone from a team that were the absolute pits on the road to a side that consistently look decent and but for mistakes........

very reminiscent of a comment  I recall from the N Clough era  ... "we're winning all our games , except those we don't win".

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Personally I dont think Bogles problems are anything linked to pace.

Think his major downfalls are a lack of concentration and his inability to block crosses.

I meant he is more exposed this season. But those are his two main areas to improve on.

3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

very reminiscent of a comment  I recall from the N Clough era  ... "we're winning all our games , except those we don't win".

I dont think you would find many, that watched the games, that would disagree that for a bit more composure in front of a goal and an inspired goalkeeping performance, we would have been 5 points better off from the last 2 games and seriously eyeing a play off spot.

Thats football though.

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

All that is missing from that post is facts!

Sadly we only look decent for brief spells in away games. Repeatedly missing chances and making mistakes at the back are not features of a good side and blaming refs is the last resort of a happy clapper.

Cocu has failed to get the best out of his players and the inconsistency of result illustrates that clearly

See told you we were planets apart?

sack him , 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

There’s wanting it all ... and there’s progress 

if your measuring progress in that we’re now no longer getting utterly tonked on the road by anyone and everyone and are in games despite still consistently falling the wrong side of the line then fair enough.... but duck me that’s a bloody low bar we’re setting isn’t it 

Rome wasn’t built on a day... agree 

these things take time .. agree

cocu has had a rough hand .. agree

As I said “ he’s still learning” 

that is all I said ... so when it’s met by an inane laughter emoji I want to hear some actual footballing logic 

uv given it, we don’t agree but that’s fine it’s a forum

I just hate two bit posters that stick sarky comments or emojis in without giving any football substance to their comments 

You’ve got to forget the imogi stuff , posters don’t always have the time or inclination to do full replies and it’s a very small selection of them that don’t always quite say it right

Sorry but I see enough to want to give Cocu time , we are very much in every game no massive dips in performance , movement off the ball again and players showing for it, improvement in a few players , youngsters getting chances and looking prospects , long way to go but seems the right way to me ,, happy for the Debbie downer crue to just post a laughing imogi 

50 minutes ago, Archied said:

Sorry but I see enough to want to give Cocu time , we are very much in every game no massive dips in performance , movement off the ball again and players showing for it, improvement in a few players , youngsters getting chances and looking prospects , long way to go but seems the right way to me ,, happy for the Debbie downer crue to just post a laughing imogi 

The word is emoji....but on that topic the use of the laughing emoji is now being seen with more and more prevalence in being used to ridicule and deride a posters content sarcastically then for me the real reason of it's existence which in my opinion was to indicate when someone has found a post genuinely funny or amusing.

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The word is emoji....but on that topic the use of the laughing emoji is now being seen with more and more prevalence in being used to ridicule and deride a posters content sarcastically then for me the real reason of it's existence which in my opinion was to indicate when someone has found a post genuinely funny or amusing.

Binning the emojis would be a very positive move for the forum. 

58 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is it ?, tell you what ,you call it what you want and I will do the same and if you get more points in the English test and a star for your jumper I will live with that ?, how you use it and how you view it works on kind of the same lines 

39 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was almost tempted there to reply with a love emoji there for a moment lol

But yes the laughing emoji particularly is a source of irritation for me 

Is that irritation because people don’t bite but rather just laugh when being whummed? 

Archived